8-8, 8-8, 8-8 + Media Pass + Job Security = Best Gig Going!

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Red _ has a better gig going than even Jerry himself. All day long there has been mediot sympathy for Red _ while Jerry gets all the blame and is compared to Dan Snyder all day. The Ginger Clapper can do no wrong because its all Jerry's fault for emasculating him. When Red gets credit its a remarkable thing because he does it in spite of Jerrah. There is no better gig going than what Garrett has right now. Ineptness is excused because the owner can be the whipping boy for the screw ups and the HC is off scott free.

NJ22

Reaction score
Red _ has a better gig going than even Jerry himself. All day long there has been mediot sympathy for Red _ while Jerry gets all the blame and is compared to Dan Snyder all day. The Ginger Clapper can do no wrong because its all Jerry's fault for emasculating him. When Red gets credit its a remarkable thing because he does it in spite of Jerrah. There is no better gig going than what Garrett has right now. Ineptness is excused because the owner can be the whipping boy for the screw ups and the HC is off scott free.

Remember the Danny White years when we were complaining about losing NFC championships every year! Man what I wouldn't do for those years again! Now we don't make the playoffs, but because it is a "win or go home game" invented for Tony, Red gets credit for making it to the playoffs in JJ's mind.

cml750

Reaction score
Remember the Danny White years when we were complaining about losing NFC championships every year! Man what I wouldn't do for those years again! Now we don't make the playoffs, but because it is a "win or go home game" invented for Tony, Red gets credit for making it to the playoffs in JJ's mind.

Sad but true!!! The bar has been lowered to an all time low now. The "Process" is not working and Jerry can't admit it because he likes his pet coaching project too much.

Nation

Reaction score
He gets media credit because he goes 8-8 with a talent-deficient roster. 2011 & 2012 were not NFL-caliber offensive lines. 2013 was not an NFL-caliber defensive line. The media notices those things.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm going to be brutally honest here.
I now work for myself and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me, but when I worked in "the world".

I saw mediocrity praised and rewarded all the darn time.
The only place I saw hard work and results be truly rewarded was in the sales department.

But everywhere else? Managers just wanted to get by without any citations and anything catastrophic happening.

Doing average was rewarded in "the world". Sometimes even below average was rewarded- which was sickening to me.

This is the world we are living in now.

cml750

Reaction score
He gets media credit because he goes 8-8 with a talent-deficient roster. 2011 & 2012 were not NFL-caliber offensive lines. 2013 was not an NFL-caliber defensive line. The media notices those things.

They need to notice we do not have an NFL caliber head coach. Instead we have Jerry's pet project.

Asklesko

Reaction score
not to mention a lucrative contract. he's not paid peanuts...

dupree89

Reaction score
I now work for myself and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me, but when I worked in "the world".

The only place I saw hard work and results be truly rewarded was in the sales department.

But everywhere else? Managers just wanted to get by without any citations and anything catastrophic happening.

Doing average was rewarded in "the world". Sometimes even below average was rewarded- which was sickening to me.

There is a lot of truth in the above. (I also work for myself now. Business to business sales)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There is a lot of truth in the above. (I also work for myself now. Business to business sales)

B2B?
I respect the heck out of you.
That is hard work.
Rewarding as heck if you're good, but HARD WORK.

I've been thinking about looking for a better agent recently and I always thought that the best Agents would have to have B2B experience. They know how to be savvy and deal with anyone from the receptionist to the CEO.

That takes some real talent, perseverance and a Silver Tongue.

All an agent needs (besides some inside contacts).

RS12

Reaction score
Jerry still clinging to the fantasy that his GM wizardry, along with the current genius coaching staff, and a core veteran players that peaked 4 years ago and never got close to getting it done, are going to somehow make a long playoff run. Just goes to show you that billionaires live on different planets than the rest of us.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Jerry still clinging to the fantasy that his GM wizardry, along with the current genius coaching staff, and a core veteran players that peaked 4 years ago and never got close to getting it done, are going to somehow make a long playoff run. Just goes to show you that billionaires live on different planets than the rest of us.

They can afford to. lol

MikeT22

Reaction score
Only difference between Garrett and Dave Campo is the QB's they had. Garrett doesn't know how to manage the game, manage the clock, manage timeouts. Jerry hires the def. coordinator. Garrett continues to claim he didn't call any plays this year.

Other than mismanaging game situations I'm not sure what he does. But for some reason we can't hire a real HC because Jerry just has to keep him. Strange.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Red _ has a better gig going than even Jerry himself. All day long there has been mediot sympathy for Red _ while Jerry gets all the blame and is compared to Dan Snyder all day. The Ginger Clapper can do no wrong because its all Jerry's fault for emasculating him. When Red gets credit its a remarkable thing because he does it in spite of Jerrah. There is no better gig going than what Garrett has right now. Ineptness is excused because the owner can be the whipping boy for the screw ups and the HC and starting QB are off scott free.

I know, its crazy man..

Coy

Reaction score

Maybe in 2014 we won't have an NFL-caliber secondary so we probably see him again in 2015.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

I get what your saying but not so sure Garrett is satisfied with mediocrity. Its where he is right now and its what we're stuck with as well.
Being in business for yourself is the way to go if you can do it. It gets you out of the cesspool of pitifulness and mediocrity. Like you I work for myself and wouldn't have it any other way.

Unions are rewarders of mediocrity. I worked for UPS part time thru college. I learned that the union was good for the average and below worthless employees. The union did nothing for me and the other hard workers except provide an environment where we got more work dumped on us to compensate for the chaff but we got no extra pay or benefit for doing more.

You are correct, we live in a world of mediocrity and its viewed as success.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

So true. NBC showed that close game graphic to drive home that point