8-8 Division Winners?

gollum

Reaction score
There is a possibility for two division winners to only manage an 8-8 record. If San Diego beats Denver in San Diego and if Seattle sends Holmgren out on a winning note in Arizona(who's been playing pathetic lately), both teams will have 8-8 records. Only once before has a division winner ever had a non-winning record, Cleveland in 1985 (8-8). That year, Denver sat at home at 11-5 while the Browns lost to Miami in the first round.

It's "possible" for 2 AFC teams and 5 NFC teams to have winning records, yet not make it over division champions.

gollum

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2516719 said:
Tough crowd.:)
Why I didn't get into standup comedy! Somebody(ies) got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

No point, just trying to broaden some people's horizons.

adamknite

Reaction score
wow.... kind of a harsh reaction for something that was just a nice little bit of information.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
gollum;2516799 said:
Why I didn't get into standup comedy! Somebody(ies) got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

God, I love it! I mean, watching your favorite NFL team lose a very important game just seems to bring out the best in people, doesn't it? ;)

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
That is why teams always want to win their division first.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Imagine if they stopped giving free passes to division champions. Imagine if the league said the top 6 teams record-wise make the playoffs....and then out of those 6 teams any division winners get the highest seeds.

i am not saying the league will do this, but it sure would make things more interesting.

links18

Reaction score
There is parity all over the place in this league. That said, I am rooting for San Diego to make it, so they can stick it in Ed Hochuli's eye.....

gmb85

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Bolts and Norv. They helped us out today. :)

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I'll always have a warm spot in my heart for Norv, unlike JG, he knew exactly how to use the talent he was given when he was our offensive coordinator. And contrary to what some may feel about the guy, I still believe that he is one hell of a coach.

I wish him all the good luck possible for getting his team in (and deep) into the playoffs this season.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
gollum;2516799 said:

LOL

Just two grumpy old men whose bran cereal is not working.:laugh2:

I bet that in their day, they had real music and better football playin'!

:laugh2:

links18

Reaction score
Draegerman;2517090 said:
I'll always have a warm spot in my heart for Norv, unlike JG, he knew exactly how to use the talent he was given when he was our offensive coordinator. And contrary to what some may feel about the guy, I still believe that he is one hell of a coach.

I wish him all the good luck possible for getting his team in (and deep) into the playoffs this season.

How much are they wishing they kept Turner right now?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
it would have been sweet if we could have hired Schottenheimer as our HC, Wade as our DC, and Norv as our OC....

our running game would be lethal. our passing game would be precise. our defense would have been dominant from the start. our STs would be one of the tops in the league, cause Schottenheimer loved his STs.

and yes I know of Marty's rep.....but that was in the AFC...he would have left that moniker over there and gotten done in the NFC.