8 year old guitar wizard...

Duane

Reaction score
That's an eight year old? Wow!!! The kid is going to be insane when he gets older.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
:yourock:

He's really really good for an 8 year old ... but he has NO feeling. It's all :jerk: ing off on the guitar. I think some Hendrix influence would do him some justice. He's definitely got the technical skills, but that was pretty blan stuff. Though it was super speedy, it lacked in tastefulness.

:chainsaw:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Who shrunk Steve Vai? ;)

He did have a solid band backing him though.:tunes:

Yeah right ...

And Steve Vai has more taste than that ... I've seen him play with Satch and Johnson at the same time. That was a great show. I like lead guitarists ... but the only thing really impressive about this kid is that he IS 8 years old.

I didn't start playing until I was 13 ...

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
His age is the only thing that impressed me about that.

Scales...YEY!!!

He's certainly on the right track though.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
His age is the only thing that impressed me about that.

Scales...YEY!!!

He's certainly on the right track though.

Exactly, you must play a little DTM ... all he was doing was running through scales. No notes really stood out.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Maybe it's because of the distance from the camera, but that doesn't look like an 8 year old to me. I have an 8 year old son and that doesn't look like an 8 year old.

Maybe a short guy.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
Maybe it's because of the distance from the camera, but that doesn't look like an 8 year old to me. I have an 8 year old son and that doesn't look like an 8 year old.

Maybe a short guy.

Later in the video, they got closer up. He still didn't look 8 to me. Maybe 10-11.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Exactly, you must play a little DTM.

I used to. I was never any good though.

I shattered my left wrist playing football as a kid. And it never really got fixed correctly. So after I'd be playing for about 30 minutes my fingers would be numb and my wrist would be throbbing, unless I held the instrument straight up and down like so much Gene Simmons........ Oh well.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I was 13 running track with an 8 year old who was my height at the time (5'5") and my weight.

Some kids are just bigger. My future nephew is taller and more advanced (vocally and mentally) than 98% of 1 year olds, too bad he will grow up as a stinkin' Pats fan.

Interesting.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Some kids are just bigger. My future nephew is taller and more advanced (vocally and mentally) than 98% of 1 year olds, too bad he will grow up as a stinkin' Pats fan.

Interesting.

And just think... if he CONTINUES to advance mentally, he will become a Cowboy fan... :D