#88 will have an immediate impact

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I was at work today kind of daydreaming about the Cowboys upcoming season between jobs. For some reason, I couldn't help myself thinking of Tony Romo on the cover of Sports Illustrated after just winning the Super Bowl, hat on backwards, sporting a Super Bowl T-shirt, holding up the Lombardi with one arm as he gazes up at it with a satisfied grin covering his face. Yep, that was the cover. That will be the cover.

As my mind continued to wander even more, wouldn't ya know, Dez Bryant popped into my head. Yeah I know, this reeks of yet another Dez thread, but who's counting?

I started thinking about his ankle injury and how soon he might return to the lineup. But the more I pondered his return, the more I thought about how much he is going to impact this team this year. Let me fill you in on a little something, when the season begins, Dez Bryant will make an immediate impact on offense.

#88 is just too damn talented not too. I for one am on the "Dez Train". Get on or get the hell out of the way!

:scram:

Goodnight Cowboy land!

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Fletch;3480447 said:
I was at work today kind of daydreaming about the Cowboys upcoming season between jobs. For some reason, I couldn't help myself thinking of Tony Romo on the cover of Sports Illustrated after just winning the Super Bowl, hat on backwards, sporting a Super Bowl T-shirt, holding up the Lombardi with one arm as he gazes up at it with a satisfied grin covering his face. Yep, that was the cover. That will be the cover.

As my mind continued to wander even more, wouldn't ya know, Dez Bryant popped into my head. Yeah I know, this reeks of yet another Dez thread, but who's counting?

I started thinking about his ankle injury and how soon he might return to the lineup. But the more I pondered his return, the more I thought about how much he is going to impact this team this year. Let me fill you in on a little something, when the season begins, Dez Bryant will make an immediate impact on offense.

#88 is just too damn talented not too. I for one am on the "Dez Train". Get on or get the hell out of the way!

:scram:

Goodnight Cowboy land!

Couldn't tell by your sig. :D

I have no doubt Dez will make a substantial impact this year. I don't know if it will be immediate though, just based on the facts that he's still a rookie, is going to miss so much TC, and in all likelyhood won't be 100% for the first game or two at least. It'll be tough to make an impact right out of the gate with all those factors in play. Hope he gets back too 100% ASAP though because he adds a whole other dimension to our football team. Our offense is going to be sick this year!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think you are correct about Dez Mr. Fletch. I think he comes out and lights it up from game 1.

Reaction score
Plain and simple I think we are all just ready for this season to start already. I haven't been this excited about an super bowl possibility in years. It's now just a matter of going out and executing without major injury. Kick the damn ball off already!!!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fletch;3480447 said:

This brought tears to my eyes.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField;3480464 said:
I think you are correct about Dez Mr. Fletch. I think he comes out and lights it up from game 1.

I agree.

Obvoiusly we'd all agree he'd have a stronger chance to start strong had he not injured his ankle.

But I can still see him starting off strong for a few reasons:

1) From all we've already seen, the consensus opinion was he's the real deal. That the only thing possibly holding him back in his rookie season is playbook knowledge. This injury shouldn't be a hinderence to that effort.

2) This is a 4-6 week injury and he is 21 yrs old. He should have an excellent chance to be close to 100% for week 1.

As badly as I want him out there, I do hope we play this smart. If he rehaps well and is practicing in 5 weeks, then fine, let him play week one.
But if it's a little more serious and he's not even cleared to even practice til Thurs before our week 1 game, he should sit.

I'm more concerned with having a 100% Dez at some point than having something less for week 1.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
sonnyboy;3480757 said:
I agree.

Obvoiusly we'd all agree he'd have a stronger chance to start strong had he not injured his ankle.

But I can still see him starting off strong for a few reasons:

1) From all we've already seen, the consensus opinion was he's the real deal. That the only thing possibly holding him back in his rookie season is playbook knowledge. This injury shouldn't be a hinderence to that effort.

2) This is a 4-6 week injury and he is 21 yrs old. He should have an excellent chance to be close to 100% for week 1.

As badly as I want him out there, I do hope we play this smart. If he rehaps well and is practicing in 5 weeks, then fine, let him play week one.
But if it's a little more serious and he's not even cleared to even practice til Thurs before our week 1 game, he should sit.

I'm more concerned with having a 100% Dez at some point than having something less for week 1.

I agree sonny. If he comes in game 2 or 3 ready to play, then that's when it should be. Week 1 would be great. But in no way do I want to see him pushed to the field when he is not fully ready.

But I know when he is ready, WE WILL ALL BE WITNESSES! (my apologies SLATE.)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I have spoke with high level Cowboy staff members/coaches and they have also stated that Dez displays more "talent and ability" then any WR in a Cowboys uniform.

However, like they said to me.....can DEZ do it on the playing field when the lights are on?

They beleive he will and so do I.

Count me on the DEZ TRAIN.....he is AWESOME from what I have seen at TC before he got hurt.....heck, DEZ looks great catching the ball with a boot on his ankle!

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
to me, the great news is that this team is very good without Dez--i think the defense carries us to the SB

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3480768 said:
I have spoke with high level Cowboy staff members/coaches and they have also stated that Dez displays more "talent and ability" then any WR in a Cowboys uniform.

However, like they said to me.....can DEZ do it on the playing field when the lights are on?

They beleive he will and so do I.

Count me on the DEZ TRAIN.....he is AWESOME from what I have seen at TC before he got hurt.....heck, DEZ looks great catching the ball with a boot on his ankle!

Hey Crazy! Was hoping you would come around. I figured if there was a train, and Cowboys fans were boarding, you'd already be in line somewhere. ;)

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;3480782 said:
to me, the great news is that this team is very good without Dez--i think the defense carries us to the SB

Wouldn't that be sweet? I think it would be a first for the Cowboys. I remember the 92 season, the Cowboys ended up with the #1 ranked defense, but the offense pretty much stole the show.

To have this defense rise to another level and carry this particular team to a Super Bowl would be something else.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This time around, popcorn anyone? :starspin