9 Minute critique on Tyler Guyton in Ram's game

gtb1943

Reaction score
The article isn't much, but it has a 9-minute breakdown video of Tyler.

Now the question I have is how good is #51 on the Rams?

Tyler Guyton tape
(You might have to click the continue button to see the video)
really loved how the guy was explaining footwork and other details all too many so called experts never talk about
he even said there is more than one way to do things. Pretty much all the defects in Guyton's play is due to being a rookie.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Shame guyton did not attend one of the OL factories (ND, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc) even though OK is pretty good there.
IF he had done four years at one of them, he would be a monster already

blueblood70

Reaction score
19 snaps with coming off a cold and little practice = way too small a sample size to break down.. besides game 3 will be more true test SOME teams will play there starters for a qtr or half.. He will see better talent...hes on slow simmer right now leading up to the boil in game one, that browns D, Garret etc :popcorn:

gtb1943

Reaction score
19 snaps with coming off a cold and little practice = way too small a sample size to break down.. besides game 3 will be more true test SOME teams will play there starters for a qtr or half.. He will see better talent...hes on slow simmer right now leading up to the boil in game one, that browns D, Garret etc :popcorn:
frankly that is full of crap. That is enough snaps to break down as the real expert in that video showed

Chasing6

Reaction score
Of course he needs a little bit of experience to learn some things. But he looks good already and there is lots of potential to look forward to.

btw, Asim Richards looks pretty good too.
Bottom line is he is by far the best on our roster at LT currently. Will he make some mistakes, yes.

Does the other team pay DE's to get to the QB? Yes they do.

RogerDodger12

Reaction score
Shame guyton did not attend one of the OL factories (ND, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc) even though OK is pretty good there.
IF he had done four years at one of them, he would be a monster already
Not sure if serious but OU is the standard when it comes to O-Lineman in the NFL.

Loso86

Reaction score

Tyler Guyton tape
Did it also break down 9 mind of the good plays of Guyton!? If not I'm not interested

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Pretty sure game two (tonight) is when most teams play starters now. Three is the last chance for bubble guys.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Bottom line is he is by far the best on our roster at LT currently. Will he make some mistakes, yes.

Does the other team pay DE's to get to the QB? Yes they do.
I don't know if he is by far. Tyler might be the best LT currently on our roster, followed by Asim, who looked technically solid last preseason. Guyton might be the most physically gifted for the position.

This is the main reason I'm not overly concerned about the spot. If Guyton isn't ready. If his technique just needs too much work, then we've got options that may be better than him right now. Of course, he'll be given every opportunity to hold down that job before we turn to those other options.

rambo2

Reaction score

Tyler Guyton tape
I don't know about #51, but I know #11 on the Cowboys is good and he has been working against him. Guyton is supposed to play some tonight against the Raiders 1st team.

You can also see that Guyton has great feet. He is going to be good.