98 year old talks bout his pimpin days

Hoov

Reaction score
I was just talking to one our patients, the oldest one in my clinic... 98 years old. He was drafted at 38 years of age and served in WW II, lost his trigger finger and so he didnt do a whole lot of fighting, i guess.

But from the stories he tells me about the women in his life, it sounds like he has had more trauma form the women he's been involved with than he ever got in battle.

He's been married four times, and among the women he's befriended (wives and/or girl friends), he's been shot by one woman, stabbed by another, poisoned once, and had carbonic acid thrown in his face by a woman who said "if i cant have you no one will". according to him thats when he decided his days of pimpin were over. (By pimpin he meant letting women take care of him - the way he tells it, they used to call him baby face and pretty boy and in his younger days running aroung NY city- well, women just flocked to him and he just used to go along - it was all very innocent... LOL)

Anyway, it's quite amusing to talk to this 98 year old man and hear the storries about his "wild times" in the 1920's.

I've met some real characters in this line of work, I think it's hillarious to talk with older people about their crazy days and the things thay have done and they love to tell you their stories, guess it feels good to relive the past and laugh about it.

If anyone else wants to share some encounters they've had, go ahead.

Swanny

Reaction score
Thats awesome that he talked about all that i have a great grandma that is 93 and she talks like that about her 3 husbands sometimes but she never went the any bullets or anything like that. That man sounds pretty tough he could probably kick my butt.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a Senior in HS I had a job.

I would work the morning hours of school and then a couple hours after school.

I was an orderly at a nursing home and it gave me some gas money and pocket money.

There are lots of stories I could tell but I will settle just on a few.

There was an old man there by the name Buck. I am not sure if he was ever a physically emposing man when he was young as he did not seem to be a man of big stature, but he was old now and in a wheel chair so who knows what he was when he was healthy.

I would take it, from his attitude and other things, that he was the kind of guy that was like a banty rooster in that he was in the navy, didn't seem to be big, but he was as mean as an old rattlesnake. He did not talk much about the navy but I would ask him about his tattoos at times.
He had many tattoos in many areas (yes one there as well lol) they were the old sailor variety and many of them over time just looked like blurs of ink that could not be told what they were any longer.

Anyways purt of being an orderly was to take some of these older guys to take their showers.

Since this guy was in a wheel chair I took him to the shower and then had to lift him onto another chair that looked kind of like a toilet seat so he could shower.
He pretty much cleaned himself...I just had to help him in and out of the chair and adjust the water temp.

Now on his normal shower days it was mostly after lunch and he would always hold me up as it was a time that he has his bm's more often then not. So before showers if he did not say anything I would ask him if he had to go to the bathroom before I took him to the shower.

This one day I asked him and he said no....I asked are you sure, and he yelled NO (this man was a mean old man). So I get him in the shower, put him on the chair, adjust the temp, then I walk to the other side of the curtian and wait for him to tell me he was done.

All of a sudden I hear him yelling....I'M POOING, I'M POOING....and sure enough he left me a nice big surprise to clean up later.
I was steaming mad...at see the steaming gift he left. Oh well the old saying...something happens lol.

Now another story...

It was getting to be lunch time so we were getting some of the clients (is what we called those living at the nursing home) to the dining room. Some you just had to tell, others you had to help walk and then you had some that were in wheel chairs or Geri-Chairs (for those that do not know they are chairs that have a desk/table on the chair, like an adult baby chair with wheels).

So I had just took a few clients to the lunch room and was coming back to get a few more when I heard....

Give it to me it's mine.
No it's not yours let go.
It's mine
OOOWWW LET GO!

So I turn the corner and there is a lady in a geri-chair who can not get out. She happens to have a catheter and then there is another lady who has the catheter bag in her hand and is pulling at the thing hard enough that the tube is taunt like a guitar string.

So I had to get the catheter out of the one ladies grasp without hurting the other lol.

But all turned out ok.

One last one.

The owner, of the group that owned the nursing home, had brought his father to be cared for to the nursing home.
The man was very old and really beyond any level of normal mental abilities. He was basically bed ridden and had to be fed through a feeding syringe.

Never really heard him talk, just maybe some grumbles or inaudible words once in a great while. But one time me and a friend was coming into the room to check on some things and I guess we were talking politics.

Clear as a bell he started first in a low volume and then gradually louder....darn darn darn (using the other word) gosh darned Dem Dem Democrats.

I looked at my buddy and said...man he must really hate the democrats.

Thinking about that now I could see cajun being that way as an old man. (just kidding cajun).

Hoov

Reaction score
Brain, those were funny stories, i especially got a laugh out of the two ladies pulling on the catheter.

At another clinic i worked at there was this older lady with alzheimers, except she was the nicest person you ever met (a lot of times alzheimer pt's have a mean streak so maybe it was something else).

Anyway, every week she would ask me "do i know you, what's your name dear" and then she would say something like, "you know me, im so dopey i dont remember"...The funny thing was she knew her memory was awful and she just made light of it and didnt have a care in the world. She'd talk on and on about the same thing every week and crack jokes the whole time, then say, "you've probably heard this before right ?"
and we'd all just laugh with her.

Hoov

Reaction score
Swanny said:
Thats awesome that he talked about all that i have a great grandma that is 93 and she talks like that about her 3 husbands sometimes but she never went the any bullets or anything like that. That man sounds pretty tough he could probably kick my butt.

well, i dont think he was that kind of guy, probably the type that would say, im a lover, not a fighter. Im thinking he was the happy go lucky type, living for the moment.

I just think every time a woman looked his way he ran after her. The type that was always going here or there and would just meet some woman on the way and ask her to join him and then the woman who's been taking care of him financially and what not, finds the two of them somewhere at some social setting..... and then he'd probably try to justify with some cheesy excuse and get by on his smile, only some of these women got fed up and decided to take action after a while.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov said:
Brain, those were funny stories, i especially got a laugh out of the two ladies pulling on the catheter.

At another clinic i worked at there was this older lady with alzheimers, except she was the nicest person you ever met (a lot of times alzheimer pt's have a mean streak so maybe it was something else).

Anyway, every week she would ask me "do i know you, what's your name dear" and then she would say something like, "you know me, im so dopey i dont remember"...The funny thing was she knew her memory was awful and she just made light of it and didnt have a care in the world. She'd talk on and on about the same thing every week and crack jokes the whole time, then say, "you've probably heard this before right ?"
and we'd all just laugh with her.

I knew some ladies similar to that. Once in particular, I honestly do not think she had alzheimers but her mood would change like the wind.

One day you would taker her breakfast in and she would be so happy to see you and just want to talk and talk.

The next day you would take her tray in and as you were leaving a bowl of oatmeal would smash on the wall an inch from your face...then later that day she would apologize and act like you were her long lost grandson.

Sad how things get for some people, what is even sadder is when those people have family but they never seemed to visit them.

We had one older lady who kept saying she used to play on the grand ole opera show....was not sure at the time if she really did or if she was just saying it. But we always talked nice.

One day her granddaughter brought in a banjo.

It was clear to see that arthritis and years of not playing prevented her from doing much but at the same time I could see her trying to do certain things with her fretting and picking hand to suggest she did indeed play at one time which was confirmed when her granddaughter later brought in pictures of her on the stage of teh grand ole opera.