27 Baltimore Alex Barron OT Florida State
28 Indianapolis Ronnie Brown RB Auburn
29 Atlanta Wesley Britt OT Alabama
30 New England Kevin Burnett LB Tennessee
31 Philadelphia *Abdul Hodge LB Iowa
32 Pittsburgh Jammal Brown OT Oklahoma

Derinyar

Reaction score
That wouldn't be bad, but I think I'd rather get a WR with the second pick in the first round and hope to find out DT later in the draft or in FA.

wick

Reaction score
Rod Wright is not likely to declare, both because Texas players haven't left early under Mack Brown and because he has not been completely healthy this year. He has not played like a top-10 pick this season, though the ability is certainly there. He really is the closest thing to Leon Lett I can remember.

Assuming we go to a 3-4, I'd say two of DT, OLB and CB would be ideal if the talent matches the draft position. My dream draft today would be Derrick Johnson and one of Antrell Rolle and Marlin Jackson.

wick

Reaction score
Derinyar said:
That wouldn't be bad, but I think I'd rather get a WR with the second pick in the first round and hope to find out DT later in the draft or in FA.

I wouldn't pick a wide receiver in the first round because the position is too easy to fill by other means. On the other hand, it's very hard to find elite pass rushers and cornerbacks without drafting them or grossly overpaying for them.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
I guess it's interesting to read the mocks and the early speculation about the draft next year, but I have to laugh at some of them. There are a couple of these mock drafts where they actually have Cedric Benson going first overall to Miami. :rolleyes:

Top ten? Maybe. Overall #1? LOL! I think even the biggest Benson fan would have to agree with that. If the Dolphins want him that bad, they can trade down a few spots...he should still be there.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If we pass on both guys I want 1a and 1b then I will absolutely invest in Maalox.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
If we pass on both guys I want 1a and 1b then I will absolutely invest in Maalox.

Not with you there Hos.

You give me Rolle and we're probably not talking about a problem at corner for the next 4-8 years.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Not with you there Hos.

You give me Rolle and we're probably not talking about a problem at corner for the next 4-8 years.
I prefer Mike Williams and Derrick Johnson. Both are available with those picks and 1 with both of them. Both playmakers and we need that. I don't want to wait until the draft to fix DT.

calico

Reaction score
I would like to see Derrick Johnson and a receiver taken in the first round.

Bring in a good FA corner and DT.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I prefer Mike Williams and Derrick Johnson. Both are available with those picks and 1 with both of them. Both playmakers and we need that. I don't want to wait until the draft to fix DT.

Well Hos it's like this... Midswat has publicly stated that if Rolle is avaiable and we don't take him every person on this board that didn't support a selection of Rolle would get punched right in the face. Well, enjoy your punch to the face. :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Well Hos it's like this... Midswat has publicly stated that if Rolle is avaiable and we don't take him every person on this board that didn't support a selection of Rolle would get punched right in the face. Well, enjoy your punch to the face. :)
I should probably help him out since I am hard to find.

Midswat, when you get ready to hit me I don't want you to hit the wrong guy.

sbkavatar.jpg

Give it your best shot, I can take it.

BUSDRIV3RDH

Reaction score
Hostile said:

With you on Williams, we need that "impact" player on offense, and he could be it... but DJ and Rolle are interchangable for me--I would be happy with either. But i'd be happier with Charles Woodson in FA and DJ with that 1b.

At DT I say pick up a mid-range FA and move heaven and earth to get Abrahams in a Star at DE. That would fix our DL problems. DT's are too d*mn tricky to draft--you never know what you're really going to get there.

Give us;
Abraham
Mike Williams
Derrick Johnson
Charles Woodson
and that is one hell of a start to an offseason! Then hope to hell that JuJo and Henson are the real deal.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BUSDRIV3RDH said:
With you on Williams, we need that "impact" player on offense, and he could be it... but DJ and Rolle are interchangable for me--I would be happy with either. But i'd be happier with Charles Woodson in FA and DJ with that 1b.

At DT I say pick up a mid-range FA and move heaven and earth to get Abrahams in a Star at DE. That would fix our DL problems. DT's are too d*mn tricky to draft--you never know what you're really going to get there.

Give us;
Abraham
Mike Williams
Derrick Johnson
Charles Woodson
and that is one hell of a start to an offseason! Then hope to hell that JuJo and Henson are the real deal.
I won't mind Rolle at all, but I prefer we don't tie up too much moneyin the secondary.

BUSDRIV3RDH

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I won't mind Rolle at all, but I prefer we don't tie up too much moneyin the secondary.

With Roy and TNew it is getting ritzy in there, I agree, add another one, it gets crazy and Paris Hilton is hosting. But with the headaches that position has given us the last 2 years, I wouldn't be surprised if we just do it in either FA or the draft, get that guy to go across from 41 and be done with it.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
BUSDRIV3RDH said:

Give us;
Abraham
Mike Williams
Derrick Johnson
Charles Woodson

I second that. Mike Williams is the top player on my wish list.

By the way I have a "franchised player" question, we can sign a player that is tagged if we give up two first draft picks for him , right.
Hypethetical question, If Buffalo's pick ends up being a top 2 pick, would anyone sign Rogers and give up our next 2 first rounders?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I should probably help him out since I am hard to find.

Midswat, when you get ready to hit me I don't want you to hit the wrong guy.

sbkavatar.jpg

Give it your best shot, I can take it.

Ya think Midswat would hit a woman, like the one in your picture??

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
You gotta love Sam Kinneson. Wish he was still around cracking up the world. AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! AHHHH!

Eskimo

Reaction score
4lifecowboy said:

By the way I have a "franchised player" question, we can sign a player that is tagged if we give up two first draft picks for him , right.
Hypethetical question, If Buffalo's pick ends up being a top 2 pick, would anyone sign Rogers and give up our next 2 first rounders?

If that was our last need and we were one player away from the show, then I'd do it because the picks would be at the bottom of the first round. The defense right now is way too weak and we don't know what we have in Henson and Jones. Those picks could still be high and would be needed to rebuild the team if those two don't work out.

Better just to spend money on the guys who are available and just pick wisely.

A guy like Pat Williams is due to be available and could do quite a good job for us at NT for a few years at a reasonable price. The key is to target him on day one of FA and make him a good offer right off the bat. Once that hole is secured, our run D should be much better and free up the LBs to make plays.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Continues to amaze. Draft another CB. Our problems will be solved.

How can anybody not look at this years defensive out put and not understand that the front seven is more of a priority then the CB position?

Shuttemdown41

Reaction score
4lifecowboy said:

NO!! Have we learned nothing from the Galloway fiasco?