A 2nd for Haden?

Reaction score
If Mo is gone for year, would you deal a second for Haden and plan on him replacing Mo long term? could we fit him under the cap? This team is primed for a playoff run, but without a pass rush, it needs good DB play and depth.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
If Mo is gone for year, would you deal a second for Haden and plan on him replacing Mo long term? could we fit him under the cap? This team is primed for a playoff run, but without a pass rush, it needs good DB play and depth.

I think looking for help with the pass rush becomes a little more important.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I've heard worse ideas. Haden is worth a second and is still young and a good player.

I doubt it happens but I'm not as against it as I usually am when trade ideas come up.

Money would be the issue, of course... but his value would go beyond just helping this year. He's a good player and would help for the next five years or so.

Next year, I'd probably try to keep Mo still and let Haden replace Carr.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

You have to replace Carr so I would get him extend Mo and go in with Mo Scan Hayden and Brown

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
No I wouldn't. I would go with Carr and brown on outside with scandrick in slot. Sign a young guy. Mitchell is still out there or Olatoye

Hailmary

Reaction score
I think looking for help with the pass rush becomes a little more important.
Well, the jets seem to be willing to deal sheldon richardson. He has a few red flags so it might not cost too much in terms of giving up picks.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Well, the jets seem to be willing to deal sheldon richardson. He has a few red flags so it might not cost too much in terms of giving up picks.
IMO Dallas isn't going to bring anyone in this year that doesn't have sterling character. The chemistry is too good on this team and Hardy hurt it last year too much.

Heck, I doubt they bring anyone in before the trade deadline... but at least Haden fits the character profile for what Garrett and the Cowboys want on the team.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Joe Haden was listed as the worst player at his position for mid-season grades. (Article)

Cornerbacks: Brandon Browner, Saints, 26.7, and Joe Haden, Browns, 32.3

Browner has a league-worst coverage grade of 27.3, thanks to 36 receptions allowed for 571 yards and a touchdown. Now those numbers don’t look terrible, but then you add on the 16 defensive penalties that he’s had, and his grade starts to make a lot more sense. Browner can’t seem to go one game without holding or interfering, and it’s the reason he is on this list.

Haden hasn’t played in many games this year, but when he has, the Browns would have been better off with him not suiting up. Haden is averaging just 6.2 cover snaps per reception, which is the fourth-lowest in the NFL. What’s more, his 2.60 yards per cover snaps allowed is the most in the NFL. Quarterbacks targeting Haden are 24-for-31 for 387 yards and four touchdowns. That’s a QB rating of 158.2. Quarterbacks in the NFL this season have been 0.1 point off of being absolutely perfect throwing at Joe Haden.

Honorable Mention: Brandon Flowers (34.0), Antwon Blake (31.8)

Yeah not no, but HELL NO!!!!