A 53 with Rush, Noah and Rico

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I think choice for last spot would be between Swaim, Durant and Cleary. I went with Swaim. Obviously, decisions would have to be made when suspended players return.

QB (3)- Prescott, Moore, Rush
RB (4)- McFadden, Morris, R. Smith, K. Smith [Elliot suspension]
WR (6)- Bryant, T Will, Beasley, Butler, Switzer, Brown
TE (4)- Witten, Hanna, Swaim, Gathers
OL (8)- T. Smith, Cooper, T Fred, Martin, Collins, C. Green, J. Looney, B. Bell
= 25

DL (9)- D Law, Paea, M. Collins, T. Crawford, Mayowa, Taco, Thornton, L. Neal, Tapper [Irving, Moore suspension]
LB (6)- Lee, Hitchens, D. Wilson, J. Smith, Nzeocha, Wilber, Durant
CB (6)- O Scan, Carroll, A Brown, Awuzie, J. Lewis, M. White
S (4)- B. Jones, Heath, Frazier, X Woods
=25

K- Bailey
P- C. Jones
LS- Ladoucier
=3

PS = Ivie, Duke Thomas, Lenny Jones, A Jones, Nwachakchu, Cleary
I like and you can drop Hanna with no Zeke suspension:)

Leadbelly

Reaction score
2016 - Witten, Swaim, Escobar
2017 - Witten, Swaim, Gathers

Given that we got along great last year with Swaim and no Hanna, what does keeping both Hanna and Swaim give us (aside from depth)? If last year's offense was top tier with just Witten, Swaim, and a non-entity in Escobar, it seems like a 3 TE squad of Witten, Swaim OR Hanna, and Gathers is perfectly fine. Rico is at least as good as Escobar now and might be a real weapon by December.

Add in Keith Smith emerging a quality move blocker and outlet receiver from FB, greater use of Elliott in the passing game, plus usage of the double-barrel slotgun™ offense of Beasley and Switzer, and I'm not seeing the opportunity for four TEs. I don't see the challenge with keeping Rico.

Likewise, I think Rush has already made it and the only question is whether he's QB2 or QB3.

Noah Brown basically comes down to whether Garrett and Linehan overthink themselves into feeling they need a 4th TE or 9th OL. Brown's special teams ability really helps him out. Much easier to make the case for someone who can be active on game day and contribute.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
All 3 should be on the 53. Brown and Rico would get snapped up in an instant if exposed to waivers. Rush might make it through but I wouldn't be willing to risk it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think choice for last spot would be between Swaim, Durant and Cleary. I went with Swaim. Obviously, decisions would have to be made when suspended players return.

QB (3)- Prescott, Moore, Rush
RB (4)- McFadden, Morris, R. Smith, K. Smith [Elliot suspension]
WR (6)- Bryant, T Will, Beasley, Butler, Switzer, Brown
TE (4)- Witten, Hanna, Swaim, Gathers
OL (8)- T. Smith, Cooper, T Fred, Martin, Collins, C. Green, J. Looney, B. Bell
= 25

DL (9)- D Law, Paea, M. Collins, T. Crawford, Mayowa, Taco, Thornton, L. Neal, Tapper [Irving, Moore suspension]
LB (6)- Lee, Hitchens, D. Wilson, J. Smith, Nzeocha, Wilber, Durant
CB (6)- O Scan, Carroll, A Brown, Awuzie, J. Lewis, M. White
S (4)- B. Jones, Heath, Frazier, X Woods
=25

K- Bailey
P- C. Jones
LS- Ladoucier
=3

PS = Ivie, Duke Thomas, Lenny Jones, A Jones, Nwachakchu, Cleary

Great job on this. The only name I have different is Duke Thomas making the roster over Marquez White, with the team trying to get White to the practice squad.

I'm not sure if Cleary is still practice squad eligible, but I think the team would like to put Theaker, Skipper, and maybe Burbank there.