CFZ A 59 year Cowboys fans Perspective

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My point is that let the season play out. No reason to quit after 1 or 2 games. There’s 15 games left. Don’t t quit. Don’t give up.
Your disapproval is not for any one who actually quits. You will not read anything else those folks say because, well, they quit. Maybe switch teams. Perhaps put down football altogether. Most importantly, their posting routine would permanently end.

It is difficult for you but your actual disapproval is with fellow members who post comments like they're done with the team or want the team to tank, repeatedly and never disappear from the forum. That is not quitting. It is reactionary frustration as seen through their eyes and CowboysZone is their coping mechanism.

You will not see what they see. And you shall never "redeem" them for what you see is wrong with them. Stop trying. Not for their sake. For your own.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everyone said early on our weakness was WR because we lost Amari Cooper. Cowboys signed FA James Washington from Pittsburgh and drafted Tolbert in the 3rd round. The jury is out on both and Gallup has yet to come back from his injury. Meanwhile Noah Brown has 10 receptions in 2 games. Lamb has 9. Tampa Bay has a great defense.

Everyone said early on that the Cowboys lost out because they let La’el Collins and Connor Williams go. Cowboys drafted Tyler Smith in the 1st round. Cowboys signed future HOF’er Jason Peters. Cowboys depth has shown up early with the youngsters.

Everyone said that the Cowboys were weak at the TE position because we lost Blake Jarwin. Cowboys drafted Jake Ferguson and allowed Dalton Shultz to shine. Hendershot showing promise.

Everyone said that the Cowboys sucked at the FG kicker position. Cowboys signed Maher who is 3-3 all over 50 yards with a last second game winner.

Everyone said that Kellen Moore’s play calling sucks. Everyone was right.

My point is that let the season play out. No reason to quit after 1 or 2 games. There’s 15 games left. Don’t t quit. Don’t give up. Cowboys are a team with good chemistry, the best defensive player in the NFL and hope going forward. Many of you have already given up. Don’t, and instead be patient.

Haven’t even talked defense yet.
I said it from the beginning my cowboy brother. Wide receiver is not going to be an issue on this team. I thought Noah Brown could’ve started last season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Your disapproval is not for any one who actually quits. You will not read anything else those folks say because, well, they quit. Maybe switch teams. Perhaps put down football altogether. Most importantly, their posting routine would permanently end.

It is difficult for you but your actual disapproval is with fellow members who post comments like they're done with the team or want the team to tank, repeatedly and never disappear from the forum. That is not quitting. It is reactionary frustration as seen through their eyes and CowboysZone is their coping mechanism.

You will not see what they see. And you shall never "redeem" them for what you see is wrong with them. Stop trying. Not for their sake. For your own.
No it’s quitting. Pure and simple.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Your last paragraph should be obvious. The first two weeks is never a good indication of what the team will look like by mid season. But people like to comment and come to conclusions based on 2 weeks anyway. In guilty of it myself.

I think the main reason is no one likes bad starts no matter what. Hell, I've even seen this in regards to baseball teams and they play a million games.
Yet you and others are saying Cooper is better than Dak after 1 game.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it’s quitting. Pure and simple.
animated-windmill-image-0033.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score
Everyone said early on our weakness was WR because we lost Amari Cooper. Cowboys signed FA James Washington from Pittsburgh and drafted Tolbert in the 3rd round. The jury is out on both and Gallup has yet to come back from his injury. Meanwhile Noah Brown has 10 receptions in 2 games. Lamb has 9. Tampa Bay has a great defense.

Everyone said early on that the Cowboys lost out because they let La’el Collins and Connor Williams go. Cowboys drafted Tyler Smith in the 1st round. Cowboys signed future HOF’er Jason Peters. Cowboys depth has shown up early with the youngsters.

Everyone said that the Cowboys were weak at the TE position because we lost Blake Jarwin. Cowboys drafted Jake Ferguson and allowed Dalton Shultz to shine. Hendershot showing promise.

Everyone said that the Cowboys sucked at the FG kicker position. Cowboys signed Maher who is 3-3 all over 50 yards with a last second game winner.

My point is that let the season play out. No reason to quit after 1 or 2 games. There’s 15 games left. Don’t t quit. Don’t give up. Cowboys are a team with good chemistry, the best defensive player in the NFL and hope going forward. Many of you have already given up. Don’t, and instead be patient.

Just got to see what happens. Every year we have a few stinkers. I think Moore is in over his head and was taught by Linehan and he would abandon the run game fast. If he just ran the ball early and often. Whether your moving it a lot or not. It will open up WR. If a team can stop our run game with 4 man front then we are screwed unless there back end is terrible. Usually don’t work that way. But if they can then most teams are going to lose.

If we take the giants Monday night then I hope they give Dak all the time he NEEDS to heal and get right. Don’t rush him back. Because when he comes back he is going to have to show that the bucs are that good and he had a bad game. He usually comes back. Like the streak last year before he injured the leg.

Whom ever is playing for us I am rooting for them. I root for my team. Its a long offseason guys and girls. We are 1-1. All we know is the Defense looks better than last year and O-Line and RB are healed up and we are not as good as last season at WR.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Nice post Rock.
See, you can post like a Gentleman.
:thumbup:

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Yet you and others are saying Cooper is better than Dak after 1 game.

Find one post where I said Cooper is better than Dak. Find one post where I implied he's better than Dak.

The closest you'll find is I said I don't trust Dak to move the ball up the field. But that's just my usual criticism of our slightly above average QB.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Nice post Rock.

Second that, as in one of the threads before season started , several Zoners had agreed to take inital games with a pinch of salt and wait for judgements until 6th or 8th game, That still holds true.
This team is gelling a bit in Defense , OL and may be WR too. ( QB is ? ) but still a lot to play for , and NFCE even though has started strongly we know is not a very strong division, lets keep faith ,:laugh:.

Flamma

Reaction score
Second that, as in one of the threads before season started , several Zoners had agreed to take inital games with a pinch of salt and wait for judgements until 6th or 8th game, That still holds true.
This team is gelling a bit in Defense , OL and may be WR too. ( QB is ? ) but still a lot to play for , and NFCE even though has started strongly we know is not a very strong division, lets keep faith ,:laugh:.

For Cowboys fans it's all over the place right now because we lost the starting QB. Now that Dallas won a game with Rush at QB, I don't know what to think. At least it gives me confidence that Dallas can win half the games Dak is out.

The most important part is our OC when Dak comes back. Dial back what he thinks Dak can do. Similar to how he handled Rush, maybe not quite as conservative. We don't have Aikman at QB.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Receivers are weak. 29 points against Tampa last year with Lamb, Cedric Gallup and Amari -3 points early this year.

Oline still weak - McG out - Fiaonk not very good- we did sign Peters to help that weak area.

Never saw anybody say we were weak at TE - maybe we don't have Kelce but not weak.

FG Kicker, we cut them both to start the season!!

My bet is that Rush is going to get the (NFL caught up with him quick) within the next couple weeks.

If we end up over 500 it will be becasue of the defense.

Toro9

Reaction score

You sound like you know your stuff. Do you have a YouTube channel?