A&M taking it to OU early on, leads 21-7

Roughneck

Reaction score
Gotta hand it to those Aggies. They're showing a lot of heart right now.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Make that 28-14, as A&M scores a 71 yard TD off of a Fake Punt.

:eek:

Yep...A&M is taking it to my beloved Sooners. McNeal has been a beast all day. That ST td was big. Thing is I knew he was going to fake it. Im surprised that the Sooners were not ready for it. It was 4th n 1 and A&M has nothing to lose. Why not fake it?

Crazy game. OU is getting its butt handed to them. Wow. Still a full half to go. If somehow the D can actually trot out onto the field to defend then we might pull it out.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dallas said:
Yep...A&M is taking it to my beloved Sooners. McNeal has been a beast all day. That ST td was big. Thing is I knew he was going to fake it. Im surprised that the Sooners were not ready for it. It was 4th n 1 and A&M has nothing to lose. Why not fake it?

Crazy game. OU is getting its butt handed to them. Wow. Still a full half to go. If somehow the D can actually trot out onto the field to defend then we might pull it out.

They're only down a TD. They aren't "getting their butt handed to them".

That said, on that last OU TD the A&M defense was all lost. They have three guys in the same zone, all within 5 yards of eachother. SPREAD OUT! They were doing better when they were blitzing.

Hope A&M comes on strong in the second half. I absolutly hate OU.

Roughneck

Reaction score
OU has come all the way back (thanks in part to a couple of A&M turnovers) to take a 35-28 lead with 8:39 left to go in the 3rd Quarter.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
OU has come all the way back (thanks in part to a couple of A&M turnovers) to take a 35-28 lead with 8:39 left to go in the 3rd Quarter.

A&M is choking bigtime.

calico

Reaction score
A&M is killing themselves and OU's D has really adjusted well.

Texas coaches need to watch this. This is how you play OU. Attack OU. Don't go into a shell on offense with fear of mistakes.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Bad news for A&M.

McNeal is out.

Ty Branyon comes in to QB.

Bad news? Care to rephrase that? McNeal had gotten shellshocked. He was playing like ***. It was a good move by Franchione.

35-35. Now let's watch A&M's defense screw it up. Have they even forced a Turnover today?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
calico said:
A&M is killing themselves and OU's D has really adjusted well.

Texas coaches need to watch this. This is how you play OU. Attack OU. Don't go into a shell on offense with fear of mistakes.

McNeal is a better QB then Young. Young is a tremendous athlete, but a subpar QB. His mechanics still look terrible so I don't think he's even improving as a passer. IMO, they should move Young to WR (he'd be great as a WR) and put Mock in at QB. They'd be a better offense that way. They can still put Young in at QB for gimmick plays or in blowout wins/losses.

But it's Mack Brown so it won't happen.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Why is it you rarely ever see holding calls in College? I swear I'm seeing holding on the edge on almost every outside carry for Peterson.

Speaking of Peterson, he needs to quit bouncing so many runs outside. He needs to run a little tougher inside. He's only a freshman so I'm sure he'll improve, but he's way to big to be bouncing so many runs to the outside.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Excellent game. Nobody has an answer for White and Peterson as I have said all year. The OU secondary can be terrible.

Alot of razzly dazzle on A&M's part to keep this game as close as it was. Having both of those fakes work and both score is unbelievable.

Good game Aggies. Good game !!

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Gotta hand it to those Aggies. They're showing a lot of heart right now.
Not so fast jack.

OU Beats A&M 42-35 :D

Dont be so hasty man were talkin' 'bout the Sooners! ;)

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Give OU credit for making a comeback. OU showed a lot of heart to come from behind especially since they have lost to AM late in the season before. I think it's going to hurt their rank in one of the poles.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Rack said:
Why is it you rarely ever see holding calls in College? I swear I'm seeing holding on the edge on almost every outside carry for Peterson.

Speaking of Peterson, he needs to quit bouncing so many runs outside. He needs to run a little tougher inside. He's only a freshman so I'm sure he'll improve, but he's way to big to be bouncing so many runs to the outside.

Not to mention running upright. That will hurt them in the future. Still, he deserves the Heisman in my opinion. It's going to be close between him and Leinert. I have a feeling it will go to Leinert because of his seniority and the fact that he is a QB. QB's get all the love.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Give OU credit for making a comeback. OU showed a lot of heart to come from behind especially since they have lost to AM late in the season before. I think it's going to hurt their rank in one of the poles.

Stop thinking. Its not what you do best. Put your $ where your mouth is. Care to bet me personally if they slide out of #2?

I got all day. :D

Kangaroo

Reaction score
A&M defense is better than last year but it is still far from the wrecking crew standards seen in years past. But RC left the defense in bad shape when he left and A&M is playing a lot of young guys not one or two but 6-7 on that defense that are freshman or true freshman.

They are on the right track but it will be at least one more year before they can catch up to OU standard

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dallas said:

Why did A&M have nothing to lose?