Video: A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood trailer

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im hoping I will be less cyclical after I watch this movie

It's easy to be cynical.

The world creates situations where being cynical is a slam dunk.

The hard part is as you've pointed out– stopping oneself from passing judgement.

For me it can be depressing to see how quick we are to label anyone and everyone who does not share our point of view. Instead of trying to walk in their shoes for a bit to see why they view things as they do, we label– And 99 times out of a 100 the label itself carries negative connotation which does nothing to create cooperation.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom Hanks is a national treasure.
I will literally cry when he leaves this mortal plane.
Him and Clint.
Yes and he's a man beyond the movies regardless of what people think of his politics.

He does "Saving Private Ryan" and he and Spielberg realize the unimaginable, there is no WWII Memorial, so they decide to build one.

He does "Apollo 13" and decides to pursue producing, acting, directing and writing to salute to the space pioneers as well as the people around them with "From the Earth to the Moon".

He's one of my all time favorites and was outstanding in "Bridge of Spies" and so many but my favorite Tom Hanks scene is still the one at the cocktail party in "Big" when he tastes caviar and eats that miniature corn on the cob. When I first saw that in the theater, I'll bet most of those people wished they'd sat somewhere else. That was the definitive belly laugh.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im hoping I will be less cyclical after I watch this movie
Check out the documentary about him and you will not be cynical. There really are people that think being gentle, kind and nice is the most important part of the human experience. We just don't get to hear or see as much about them as the aholes.

I was that way before I watched it and the man was what we saw, what we made fun of but I know people that grew up with him that do not have a cynical view because of what he taught them about caring for each other. He got through to some kids.

darth, I am the same way. I see something "too good to be true" and try to find the false bottom in it. I think that's a defense mechanism against feeling gullible and naïve. I know the day all of that came out about Bill Cosby, a lot of my world went dark and made me wonder "what else don't I know, who else am I wrong about"?

The irony about Mister Rogers is that what he lived by, what he taught was exactly how the cynical didn't view him.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I assume you mean cynical, and autocorrect automistaked it.

I saw a documentary about him, and this movie looks pretty dead on. Fascinating documentary, BTW.
In the documentary, was it mentioned about him being a Korean war veteran?
*man,I know I've either read or heard about that a long time ago& had ever since, viewed his body of work in an entirely different light:thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In the documentary, was it mentioned about him being a Korean war veteran?
*man,I know I've either read or heard about that a long time ago& had ever since, viewed his body of work in an entirely different light:thumbup:
I honestly don't remember that, but he certainly wasn't the sniper people have rumored him to be.