A blast from the ticket price past

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's sports in general. I used to go to Pittsburgh Pirates games in the 70s for 65 cents - and they were actually good then. I got season tickets to Ohio State football when I was a student in the 80s - $35 for the entire season. Can't even go to one game for that now.

The Cowboys aren't an anomaly, but they are on the high end. I used to fly 1300 miles - one way - to see a game each season. After a few disappointing trips to Jerryworld - costing twice as much as memorable trips to Texas Stadium - I was done. I haven't gone in about 7 years after doing it every season for over 2 decades (as soon as I was old enough to afford it). At least the Cowboys beat the Skins on MNF my last venture (18-16).

I prefer watching games on my HDTV now. No hassles, no ridiculous prices, and no traveling. Besides, the Cowboys haven't done anything to make me reconsider. I can watch them fail then see Jerry march to the locker room - as if that accomplishes anything - afterwards, as usual. I see it from my couch just fine.
After my experience last year at the “stayjum”, I would say no to free tickets at AT&T. It’s just not worth all the hassles when I can see the game at home with a much better experience. That’s the biggest problem with AT&T- the traffic, parking, and cost. Just not worth it anymore for me.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If I hit the lotto then I would build a unreal game room with a awesome theater type area with the biggest and best screen and awesome surround sound to watch the games. I would rather have that then go to a actual game.

However I would pick one game and rent a suite. If it seated 20 people then I would come in here and pick 18 of you to go with my wife and I. Have it catered with food and booze. Fly all 18 of you out and have you put up in nice hotels for the whole weekend. We could all tailgate and party. After that it’s right back to my theater room. I don’t like dealing with the crowds and pains in the behind of going to the live game.

Section446

Reaction score
After my experience last year at the “stayjum”, I would say no to free tickets at AT&T. It’s just not worth all the hassles when I can see the game at home with a much better experience. That’s the biggest problem with AT&T- the traffic, parking, and cost. Just not worth it anymore for me.
Aside from the hassle, it's just not a good place to watch a football game.

After my game in Pittsburgh last year, I've now been to 19 NFL games at different stadiums, ours is easily among the worst (Arizona was terrible) with regard to football experience.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Not being home field advantage has more to do the fans than the stadium
I've only been to one Cowboys home game as I don't live in the area. I think I paid around $150 each for two tickets in way up section and then around $70 for parking (which wasn't even really close to the stadium). Dallas has some of the quietest fans I have ever seen. There was a family of 5 a few rows in front of me and I don't think they made a single noise the entire game. They didn't cheer, stand up, or really even move that much. Why come to a game if you are just going to sit there and not try and get into things? They weren't the only ones. There were only a few Seahawk fans around and they seemed to be making more noise than the majority Cowboy fans.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
While new technology is a pleasure at home I do miss the intensity and adrenaline attending games. Especially big games.

The last game I attended was a playoff game with Lions. The atmosphere is still amazing. If fans haven’t experienced they really should at least once in their lives.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've only been to one Cowboys home game as I don't live in the area. I think I paid around $150 each for two tickets in way up section and then around $70 for parking (which wasn't even really close to the stadium). Dallas has some of the quietest fans I have ever seen. There was a family of 5 a few rows in front of me and I don't think they made a single noise the entire game. They didn't cheer, stand up, or really even move that much. Why come to a game if you are just going to sit there and not try and get into things? They weren't the only ones. There were only a few Seahawk fans around and they seemed to be making more noise than the majority Cowboy fans.
I’ve seen games at the Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium and AT&T. I would say the loudest I’ve ever heard the crowd was at Texas Stadium in the 70s. Course those teams in the 70s and 90s collectively won a ton of playoff games there.

Maybe AT&T could get louder, not sure. The team just hasn’t given the fans much to cheer about since 2009. Like several have said, ATT doesn't seem to have been built with a “home field advantage” in mind. It was clearly built with cash in mind.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve seen games at the Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium and AT&T. I would say the loudest I’ve ever heard the crowd was at Texas Stadium in the 70s. Course those teams in the 70s and 90s collectively won a ton of playoff games there.

Maybe AT&T could get louder, not sure. The team just hasn’t given the fans much to cheer about since 2009. Like several have said, ATT doesn't seem to have been built with a “home field advantage” in mind. It was clearly built with cash in mind.
Playoff games are the loudest. And 2014 playoffs I’d put crowd noise up there with any at Texas Stadium. But of course there were 25,000 more fans. It was deafening.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
This is actually false. Texas stadium was loud, closer to the field, more intimiate, less flash more focus on the actual game/event.

Stadium plays a good factor into it, especially when you build a new one and basically make it a corporate circle jerk event..........

No it is not false. Sure the acoustics can play a role like it does in Seattle but that is not why AT&T tends to be quiet. I have been to Texas stadium plenty of times and been to AT&T twice. With 90k+ people in the stands if they want to be loud then the place will be rocking. One of the games I went was loud and the other was not. It just depends on the fans if they feel like getting loud.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Misleading chart for 2 reasons
1. The major cost for the cowboys stadium is the seating rights and the license fee needed to even buy the tickets. The MSRP of the tickets doesn't matter when you have to pay 500 dollar a ticket just for license fees/rights
2. Not only that you posted a chart of secondary market tickets........ (lol). Majority of those secondary market price tickets are $40 standing room only passes........

Well not everyone is a season ticket holder and many buy tickets on the secondary market so it is very relative. I did not pay anywhere close to $500 for either the games I attended at AT&T.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Only thing I can think of is the team is not winning enough and making deep playoff runs and fans can be apathetic.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And all that to watch a team that hasn't smelled an NFCCG in 25 years. It's incredible.

I live in Fort Worth. And I've been to the Death Star exactly twice since it was built. Once because I won tickets at work. And second because my son-in-law thought tickets would be a great birthday present for me.

I've had better experiences watching simulated prison sex on Cinemax. Late night edition, naturally.

The point is unless your willing to drop a grand or two to have a good time................don't go. You're better off grilling at home and watching it on TV with a few beers and some family and friends than struggling with that garbage.

Just my two cents.
How do you know it was simulated? Damn, talk about ruining my buzz.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw them at the Cotton Bowl and had season tickets to TS and have never been to ATT and have been offered a free ticket every season except this one. I have 0 desire to see anything there, especially football, or to give Booger any money.

However, I crossed the EETEIV some years back, that's Entertainment Evaluation Time Effort Investment Value. This is where you take into consideration the time and effort expended and value received versus the alternative. In this case, sitting at home, watching the big screen having my own choice of affordable food and beverage, not waiting in line or walking far to void my bladder and if it's a bad game, I have other alternatives and if I happen to have enough libations to tip the scale and unless I get rowdy and out of hand and the neighbors call the police, I won't go to jail. So, I weigh the traffic, parking, walking, resisting the urge to rub the Victoria's Secrets panties across my stubble (cuz I ain't shaving to go to a football game) put up with other drunks (bad enough I have to put up with me), paying stupid prices for food I don't want and beer I don't like and then have to reverse all of that just to get back to the place I should have never left in the first place.

Friends, hear me now! There is a reason these people are making these great big TV's with theater type sound and the grocery stores have food and beer and the liquor stores have hooch, they want us to stay home! Even the movie and TV people are making it easier for us and Grub Hub and Door Dash are bringing restaurant food to you at home! If you're not there, there won't be anyone there to accept the food. You should have never left!

Just think about Thanksgiving. Think those fans were happy driving home after that game? Think their EETEV worked out for them on a holiday? They were stuck in traffic while I was already onto the next game.

All comes down to the investment of effort, time and resources whether that works out for people or not.

Tussinman

Reaction score
No it is not false. Sure the acoustics can play a role like it does in Seattle but that is not why AT&T tends to be quiet. I have been to Texas stadium plenty of times and been to AT&T twice. With 90k+ people in the stands if they want to be loud then the place will be rocking. One of the games I went was loud and the other was not. It just depends on the fans if they feel like getting loud.
That's my point. It's not going to be loud very often because the logistics and pricing of the stadium has basically turned it into a corporate get together versus an actual legitimate sports event.

New stadium is more of a place to "be seen" and "corporate hangout" than an actual legitimate sports stadium. Love how all the historic stadiums from other teams get to stay yet Jerry demolishes it because he wants a flashy corporate replacement (yet accord to vim it's "the fans fault")
Aside from the hassle, it's just not a good place to watch a football game.

After my game in Pittsburgh last year, I've now been to 19 NFL games at different stadiums, ours is easily among the worst (Arizona was terrible) with regard to football experience.
Your right it's a garbage place to watch a game yet people think it's the fans fault that jerry turned it into basically a corporate hangout spot. Other teams literally laugh at coming to our stadium, there like "cool we get to place inside what is basically northpark mall, how intimidating"

Last edited:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
That's my point. It's not going to be loud very often because the logistics and pricing of the stadium has basically turned it into a corporate get together versus an actual legitimate sports event.

So you agree if people want to be loud then they will? The price of tickets is more affordable than other stadiums that have much more involved crowds so I do not see that as the issue.

New stadium is more of a place to "be seen" and "corporate hangout" than an actual legitimate sports stadium. Love how all the historic stadiums from other teams get to stay yet Jerry demolishes it because he wants a flashy corporate replacement (yet accord to vim it's "the fans fault")

Personal opinions are not necessarily based on facts and not something everyone agrees with. Everyone is entitled to their personal views so I am not knocking yours. Enjoy the game where ever you choose to.

Your right it's a garbage place to watch a game yet people think it's the fans fault that jerry turned it into basically a corporate hangout spot. Other teams literally laugh at coming to our stadium, there like "cool we get to place inside what is basically northpark mall, how intimidating"

Again this is your personal opinion. I do not agree but then it does not matter because it is all relative.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve attended games at all 3 stadiums the Cowboys have played home games. AT&T is my least favorite...by far. It’s an impressive place- just not for a football home field advantage.

Yeah, but the shopping is much better at ATT. :laugh: