A Cat Lady Starter Kit

dallasdave

Reaction score
Was driving down I 30 in Arlington a couple of years ago saw what I thought was a white kitten walking along in the emergency lane. Pulled over real fast and parked . Got out and walked back till I found it turned out to be a Pomeranian puppy about 2-3 months old it was over 100 degrees and she had just about had it . Was gonna take her to the animal shelter but my wife adopted her as soon as she saw her. We kept her for about 6 months My grand daughter fell in love with her so we let her have her. She goes every where with her now those 2 are best buddies.This is her all grown up
White-Pomeranian-Dog-Picture.jpg
nice looking dog

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I don't think it's possible for a male calico. If I'm wrong it won't be the first time.
Oh no worries my friend. We all learn something new almost every day.

Male calicos do exist but are rare. Only one out of every 3,000 calico cats is male, according to a study by the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Missouri.

The gene that governs how the orange color in cats displays is on the X chromosome. I learned a lot from the animal rescue center I volunteer at.:)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
hows this football related? kind of too long to read as well..

Ok read the rest long winded but yes its culmination of all what we think here and will be debated forever as it was the line drawn between Romo supporter and Romo Haters..it happens:)
Lol. For starters it's neither in the "NFL nor Fan" threads. There's threads about bacon, divorces, marriages, drunks (beer thread) etc....what have you. We're all one big family here in The Zone.

That said, we share stories of our lives to one another in "The Off Topic" thread @Reality put together for us. Feel free to chime in sometime or better yet, start a thread if your own.:thumbup:

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol. For starters it's neither in the "NFL nor Fan" threads. There's threads about bacon, divorces, marriages, drunks (beer thread) etc....what have you. We're all one big family here in The Zone.

That said, we share stories of our lives to one another in "The Off Topic" thread @Reality put together for us. Feel free to chime in sometime or better yet, start a thread if your own.:thumbup:
nice delay bringing back useless thread to reply from May 11th.. family LOL maybe a VERY Dysfunctional one but there are many parts to this forum and this belongs in non fan forum ..thats my opinion and im sticking to it..plus im a dog guy, cats are well useless compared to what dogs continue to society and yet dogs have to be leashed and contained and cats run all over the neighborhood. Not cool and very backwards

now back to football

dallasdave

Reaction score

Football, beer, booze, bacon and butt naked cheerleaders :yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:the best things in LIFE :yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

jday

Reaction score
nice delay bringing back useless thread to reply from May 11th.. family LOL maybe a VERY Dysfunctional one but there are many parts to this forum and this belongs in non fan forum ..thats my opinion and im sticking to it..plus im a dog guy, cats are well useless compared to what dogs continue to society and yet dogs have to be leashed and contained and cats run all over the neighborhood. Not cool and very backwards

now back to football
My contributions certainly aren't for everyone, which is just the way I like it...call it a profiling tactic. That said, had you read the entirety of the post you would see it wasn't completely off topic.

John813

Reaction score
We have rescued 3 cats. Latest one was a russian blue, not pure but close enough. Smart, lovable cat but sucks at the litter box.
Went from someone who didn't care for cats, bad experiences as a kid, to someone who likes them.

I do know if they were the size of a tiger, they would kill me for sport though lol.

jday

Reaction score
We have rescued 3 cats. Latest one was a russian blue, not pure but close enough. Smart, lovable cat but sucks at the litter box.
Went from someone who didn't care for cats, bad experiences as a kid, to someone who likes them.

I do know if they were the size of a tiger, they would kill me for sport though lol.
:laugh:

Interestingly, my progression with cats was similar to yours. I both had a bad experience with cats as a kid and as an adult; both were bites, but the one I got as an adult turned into a staph infection. So, yeah, for a long time I wanted nothing to do with cats. But then we got a mouse in our house and my next door neighbor told me if a mouse smells a cat in the house, they'll move out. So, we got a cat and sure enough no more rodents. Gradually, I grew to appreciate cats.

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm just now finding this, it was a wonderful story that will stick with me for a long time. Also, it is a great comfort in knowing there are good people out there when a need arises. Those were six lucky kittens. The analysis of Dak is helpful for many, I'm sure. I'm not a Dak hater, Tony and I just go back many years. I have hope for Dak and won't bash him even in my #9 jersey. Thank you for this thread @jday and sharing your experiences.

jday

Reaction score
I'm just now finding this, it was a wonderful story that will stick with me for a long time. Also, it is a great comfort in knowing there are good people out there when a need arises. Those were six lucky kittens. The analysis of Dak is helpful for many, I'm sure. I'm not a Dak hater, Tony and I just go back many years. I have hope for Dak and won't bash him even in my #9 jersey. Thank you for this thread @jday and sharing your experiences.
Thanks Xelda for taking the time to read and respond! :thumbup:

Nothing wrong with being a fan of Tony. He's one of the few people I can honestly say is probably a better person than he is a football player and that is saying alot, so I'm right there with you. For what it's worth, I'm not putting Dak anywhere close to the level Tony was at when he retired, but maybe, just maybe one day...Dak will get there. No promises, of course. :grin:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Man, I've completely missed this fun thread ,pretty much in it's entirety, but,I've noticed it just now and yer' thread header immediately caught my attention, as just last night I'd tooled off around 10p.m. to the closest convenience establishment that's licensed & authorized to stock Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey,,, when I'd returned from the run,I'd noticed a gal with her phone screen lit up, standing on the outside of my lesbian neighbors gate & she glommed all over me b-4 I could even get out of the truck, she was very drunk,hot looking and dressed less than demurely& obviously was involved in a 3-way lesbian disagreement ,well,l pretty much knew this joan jett hairstyled entree was off my menu as SHE WOULDN'T SHUT UP/ STOP TALKING, while I'd not even step outta' my truck,,,,SHEESE!,,,she even said she had 10 pet catso_O

*,,,I don't much regret letting certain types remain untapped& stamped in the FEUDIAN fashion of MELONS brand,,, as ,it's always an unpleasant moment when I gotta' tell 'em to "get lost & far away from me":starspin:

jday

Reaction score
Man, I've completely missed this fun thread ,pretty much in it's entirety, but,I've noticed it just now and yer' thread header immediately caught my attention, as just last night I'd tooled off around 10p.m. to the closest convenience establishment that's licensed & authorized to stock Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey,,, when I'd returned from the run,I'd noticed a gal with her phone screen lit up, standing on the outside of my lesbian neighbors gate & she glommed all over me b-4 I could even get out of the truck, she was very drunk,hot looking and dressed less than demurely& obviously was involved in a 3-way lesbian disagreement ,well,l pretty much knew this joan jett hairstyled entree was off my menu as SHE WOULDN'T SHUT UP/ STOP TALKING, while I'd not even step outta' my truck,,,,SHEESE!,,,she even said she had 10 pet catso_O

*,,,I don't much regret letting certain types remain untapped& stamped in the FEUDIAN fashion of MELONS brand,,, as ,it's always an unpleasant moment when I gotta' tell 'em to "get lost & far away from me":starspin:

If you remove semantics from the conversation, the stories are very similar. :grin:

Xelda

Reaction score

So are you saying 9 cats is your limit? :lmao2: