A Chargers fan's picture of final play

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
That's scary to see how close we came to heartbreak!

Aaron Glenn made one of the best plays by a DB that I've seen, when you factor in the fact that the play was for all the marbles. To not make contact and to come down with the INT makes that an incredible play for a DB.

No wonder that guy has lasted so long in the league.

31smackdown

Reaction score
If Ngyuen wouldnt have tipped that ball Im not sure Glenn would have had a play.

That's a good point... talk about a game of inches...

I think the win is a big emotional lift for this team, a loss would have been heartbreaking for a young team and these things tend to add up more for a team like the Cowboys as opposed to a more established team.

Hopefully this will raise their confidence level a little and take a little more doubt out of their game.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
If Ngyuen wouldnt have tipped that ball Im not sure Glenn would have had a play.

Nguyen tipped the third-down pass to McCardell, not the fourth-down pass that Glenn intercepted.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
mrecktid said:
Top 10? I wouldn't take him over these guys

(In no particular order)

Chris McAlister
Patrick Surtain
Sam Madison
Nate Clements
Champ Bailey
Fred Smoot
Samari Rolle
Charles Woodson
Antoine Winfield
Shawn Springs

Pro Football Weekly, which consults NFL scouts for its rankings, has Newman ranked 13th going into this season. The Sporting News' War Room scouts has Newman ranked 14th. And ESPN's Scouts, Inc., ranked Newman eighth going into last season.

Newman might not be in the top 10, but he's close to it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13 said:
Nguyen tipped the third-down pass to McCardell, not the fourth-down pass that Glenn intercepted.

You beat me to it .. Adam's right .. Nguyen tipped the third down pass. The last one was all Glenn.

followthestar

Reaction score
let's also take this opp to bust the chops of the "trade Dat" crowd. the guy makes plays, period. he may be smallish, but Parcells knows hes a player, and he'll be doing this sort of thing throughout his career - and i hope he never has to don another uniform...
newman had a very good day as did glenn and henry - and Davis is coming along and got in on several big plays also. this secondary will continue to gel and i think we have one of the best nickle Ds in the league, hands down.

Big D

Reaction score
followthestar said:
let's also take this opp to bust the chops of the "trade Dat" crowd. the guy makes plays, period. he may be smallish, but Parcells knows hes a player, and he'll be doing this sort of thing throughout his career - and i hope he never has to don another uniform...
newman had a very good day as did glenn and henry - and Davis is coming along and got in on several big plays also. this secondary will continue to gel and i think we have one of the best nickle Ds in the league, hands down.

:beer2:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'll add a play to the list of "Great CB" plays from that game. Earlier in the Chargers' final drive, they had Parker streaking down the sideline. Henry lays it all on the line, dives, reaches out and barely tips the ball with his fingertips, diverting a ball that would have been a guaranteed TD for Eric Parker.

That makes four passes on that final drive (two to Parker, two to McCardell) that were mere inches from being game-winning touchdowns. Great CB play is a beautiful thing!