CFZ A clear eyed vision of the Jacksonville Game!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
To McCarthy, sometimes to win the war you don’t fight every battle, you run the ball on 3rd and 10 and punt. Are odds of winning probably increase by 50%, if we take the conservative and smart option, and just run the ball and punt!

Quinn was out coached by Peterson. Throughout the game we had no answer for all their misdirection. Jacksonville had over 500 yards of offense.

Dak played every bit as good as Lawrence in this game. Dak and Lawrence both had 1 bad interception. Dak threw a second interception, that was a perfectly thrown pass, and Lawrence had a bad fumble, that very easily could have ended the game. Lawrence had way larger windows to throw into, than Dak. Again, Peterson out schemed and coached Quinn.

Quinn commented after the Texan game about how being challenged was good for the D. How did this ridiculous performance vs Jacksonville help this MEDIOCRE defense. Over the last 2 weeks this is a very mediocre defense!

Fans that scream all the time we must run the ball are clueless! In the 2nd half when we kept trying to pound the ball we either punted or settled for FG’s. In general, a smart team, takes what the defense gives you, but not always. If the other teams strength is stopping the run, then a smart team runs sparingly. Even when we had the Great Wall, we didn’t just pound the ball all the time. Remember when Philly stuffed Emmitt twice in a row on short runs, then we went on to beat them in the playoffs.

Kellon Moore is not perfect, but he is one of the better OC’s in the league. This year, I think he has been a little more creative in his run schemes.

Stop making excuses about our injuries on D. The players we lost on D were never known as play makers( Lewis, Brown, LVE, Hankins ). We need our known playmakers on D to start making plays( Mika, Lawrence, Diggs, our Safeties)

I think TY Hilton will help this offense!

I hate to say it but this Offense needs to protect the Defense. right now! Play Field position( punt the dam ball ), control the clock and run the ball until we are forced to pass.

Dak MUST stop pressing. Throw the dam ball away and punt. Play to fight another day!!

This O line has the potential to be EXCELLENT if it can stay healthy!

Defense does not improve, until they start doing their DA_ job!!!

Sam Williams MUST step up! Give him 75% of the DE snaps!

Put Mika at MLBer, let’s find out how instinctive he is as a LBer. Start Williams at DE!

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
To McCarthy, sometimes to win the war you don’t fight every battle, you run the ball on 3rd and 10 and punt. Are odds of winning probably increase by 50%, if we take the conservative and smart option, and just run the ball and punt!

Quinn was out coached by Peterson. Throughout the game we had no answer for all their misdirection. Jacksonville had over 500 yards of offense.

Dak played every bit as good as Lawrence in this game. Dak and Lawrence both had 1 bad interception. Dak threw a second interception, that was a perfectly thrown pass, and Lawrence had a bad fumble, that very easily could have ended the game. Lawrence had way larger windows to throw into, than Dak. Again, Peterson out schemed and coached Quinn.

Quinn commented after the Texan game about how being challenged was good for the D. How did this ridiculous performance vs Jacksonville help this MEDIOCRE defense. Over the last 2 weeks this is a very mediocre defense!

Fans that scream all the time we must run the ball are clueless! In the 2nd half when we kept trying to pound the ball we either punted or settled for FG’s. In general, a smart team, takes what the defense gives you, but not always. If the other teams strength is stopping the run, then a smart team runs sparingly. Even when we had the Great Wall, we didn’t just pound the ball all the time. Remember when Philly stuffed Emmitt twice in a row on short runs, then we went on to beat them in the playoffs.

Kellon Moore is not perfect, but he is one of the better OC’s in the league. This year, I think he has been a little more creative in his run schemes.

Stop making excuses about our injuries on D. The players we lost on D were never known as play makers( Lewis, Brown, LVE, Hankins ). We need our known playmakers on D to start making plays( Mika, Lawrence, Diggs, our Safeties)

I hate to say it but this Offense needs to protect the Defense. right now! Play Field position( punt the dam ball ), control the clock and run the ball until we are forced to pass.

Dak MUST stop pressing. Throw the dam ball away and punt. Play to fight another day!!

Put Mika at MLBer, let’s find out how instinctive he is as a LBer. Start Williams at DE!
Will never understand that 3rd down deep ball pass.
This team has no situational awareness.
Has a very low football IQ.
That's on the coaches.
Not sure the coaches have high football IQs either.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of your points. However, we still should run the ball. Guess who was in when Zeke tried to score from the 2 yard line in the Houston game? Ball. Ball completely fell and collapsed a running lane for Zeke. How about we stop putting players who can't play in games. Matter of fact, don' t bother getting them in the first place.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I have to disagree with your estimation of the guys out on our D. While they might not be playmakers, they did their jobs that allowed our playmakers to make plays. They are for the most part, the lunchbox guys who don't pile up stats but are the kind of players a good D needs.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Agree with most of it but losing Brown and Lewis hurt had a huge domino effect on our pass rush. Our coverage can no longer hold up for the pass rush to get home. Offenses are quick hitting us all over the field because of it.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Nice analysis, agree with most of your points. Defense needs it's playmakers to start making more plays, what they have lost are more role players then anything else.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I have to disagree with your estimation of the guys out on our D. While they might not be playmakers, they did their jobs that allowed our playmakers to make plays. They are for the most part, the lunchbox guys who don't pile up stats but are the kind of players a good D needs.
I agree, except on Brown. Brown is way below average at CB.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I think the narrative that we’re a loaded team has just been proven wrong. All of a sudden we’re short at DB and LB. If Joseph can just develop we might be OK. Pederson Did our coach Quinn a favor. No pay attention

Praxit

Reaction score
..hitting that Eggnog early, eh'. It was bad game from Dallas in every dept.

Yet, we still could have won it. It took Jags, OT and Dallas Gaffs a' plenty.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Will never understand that 3rd down deep ball pass.
This team has no situational awareness.
Has a very low football IQ.
That's on the coaches.
Not sure the coaches have high football IQs either.
They didn't want Dak to throw a pick and set them up with bad FG position.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Quinn was out coached by Peterson. Throughout the game we had no answer for all their misdirection.

Ironic that *we* don't use misdirection more in our run game, with an oline better at run blocking than pass blocking, 2 starting quality RBs, a WR great with the ball in his hands, a QB who can run, and even a TE who can take a hand off.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Ironic that *we* don't use misdirection more in our run game, with an oline better at run blocking than pass blocking, 2 starting quality RBs, a WR great with the ball in his hands, a QB who can run, and even a TE who can take a hand off.
I think Moore has improved with his run schemes, but I agree, we need more misdirection. Moore should be stealing plays from the Niners run game, including using CD more in the run game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
No, he is not.

And Trevor Lawrence is quickly on his way to being vastly superior to Dak. His arm talent is on another level.
Disagree on both your points, especially on Brown.
The only thing Brown is good at is staying pretty close to his man, but then he gives up the catch and a 10 yard gain, on 3rd and 9.

Bagman

Reaction score
Our coaching from top to bottom leaves us at a disadvantage on game day. From scheme/play design to philosophy to in game adjustments. We just don't seem as smart and savvy as other teams. Often our players are dumb or poorly prepared. Its a minor miracle we're in the top third of teams in the NFL.

kramskoi

Reaction score

There were some bad secondary alignments in the second half, allowing some pick plays to get off. Kelvin Joseph is FINE in press man coverage. He's not when he plays 6 - 8 yards off the ball. His eyes are the problem...more than for the other cornerbacks. Correctable, but is it correctable with just 3 or 4 weeks?

Quinn and Moore are certainly not always putting these players in the best positions to win. Game film don't lie.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I think Moore has improved with his run schemes, but I agree, we need more misdirection. Moore should be stealing plays from the Niners run game, including using CD more in the run game.
Moore needs common sense more than he needs new schemes. Prescott needs to be a man that doesn't ONLY do what he is told. McCarthy needs to be more hands on in it all. That third down decision in regulation was a dumb one. Run the ball and kill the final time out. The routes run (3 verticals with nothing underneath) were highly questionable. Help your quarterback out in that situation.