A Comment and Questions for the Dak Doubters

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
A what if question for the Dak doubters, really? What if Dallas goes 5-11 in the regular season?

What if questions are not good at erasing doubt. Just saying.

This is from my initial post you are responding to. Notice what I said and your comment about erasing doubt.
So I am not here to praise Dak, or convince you of something you currently do not believe.
Maybe you should have read the entire post.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think with MM coaching we could win a SB this season with Dak...if things fall into place and we get some good luck on injuries (and suspensions)...
If that happened I think Jerry pays up 40 before they make it back from the game and I’d be fine with it
:)

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I love this team, always have but this 30 mil qb is too much man simple as that
As I’ve asked others—what’s your solution?

Drafting a QB(pro-bowl as Dak is) is not a guaranteed thing. I doubt we will be drafting top 10 because somehow despite having what many think is a bad QB our record rarely allows that.

Is it really arguable he’s not top 15? I’d say after last year saying he’s not top 10 is hard to argue.

Sure, we could get a top 3-5 QB, but is that realistic?
Is starting over a good idea?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Can we, at least, name the so called “ Dak Haters” or whatever they call themselves so they can get their credit when all is said and done.

I ask that you all identify yourselves so there’s no confusion on who to give credit for being right.

Sign me up as being on the opposite side of your issue with Dak.

Id say @PAPPYDOG is the leader. How proud that must make you all. Who else???

NotForLong

Reaction score
It has taken me a long time to come to terms with this board. Maybe all message boards. I don't believe many times does one poster ever change the mind of another poster. Even with burning bush proof mushed in the doubters face. So I am not here to praise Dak, or convince you of something you currently do not believe.

My position. I believe, with the team's Dak has played for since coming to the Cowboys, - questionable receivers, lack of defense, false accusations about a significant piece and ultimate suspension....ect. - to me...............TO ME............... I have seen progress by Dak and believe he has superior leadership qualities, and enough talent to lead this team to the promised land. Provided he has a real team and not all of the pressure is on him alone.

However, that could change if he had all the skill players and a defense and failed. So I am riding the fence with a positive attitude, but a show me inner voice.

Having said that I would like to ask the doubters a few questions. Keep in mind there is no trick about these questions. Your opinion is yours and counts no more or less than anyone else here.

QUESTIONS

Were Dak to play under the tag this season, and after all is said and done the Dallas Cowboys win the Super Bowl. Dak plays within himself, but it is a true team win, and not some Elway 97 yard drive to a walk off victory.

Dak will still need a new contract, or tagged, or walk.

If Dallas, at that time, considering the results, offered Dak a contract which compensation was an average of 40 million a year, or at least above 38 million would you:

Still be a doubter?
Still be disappointed he wants that salary?
Opposed to reupping him with a new contract?
In favor of forcing him to play under a tag the coming season?
Just as soon let him walk since his heroics was not enough to say he is the real deal?

I don't need the why because I'm pretty certain I have read all your thoughts on him. But if you feel you need to elaborate, then tee it up.

Maybe we can have a discussion without the acrimony concerning Dak.
You start with a hypothetical - COWBOYS WINNING THE SUPERBOWL. Then ask questions as if it were a reality.

Ill put it this way. I hope for a Super Bowl but I doubt Dak will pull it off. I base this on what I have seen. Do I think this team is capable. I believe so. With the edition of Lamb I believe Dak's chances of leading the Cowboy's to the Title are even better. But I also believe Dalton's chances are the same as Dak's

I am not trolling or trying to set people off, I honestly believe Dalton will be successful as this teams QB. Dalton is talented. This cannot be denied or white washed. While I believe Dak being Franchised gave the Cowboys a home town discount with Dalton. If the Cowboys were devoid of a QB then Dalton's price would have been higher. LEVERAGE

With that being said I would much prefer the Talent to Price Ratio of Dalton over the Talent to Price Ratio of Dak. But I want Dak on the team for the 1 year franchise tag. Unless the Cowboys are able to pull off a player for player trade. I dont want a draft pick just to save money.

Dak is younger but he's hit his cieling. He is what he is . . . A gritty over achiever. The problem with Dak is he is easily confused. By the end of the 3rd quarter the opposing coach has figured him out and is able to force Dak into being a non factor. This hurts the team.

Because I love the Cowboys I routed for him for the last 4 years, because "We had Nobody Else" Now we have Dalton I am throwing my hat in with Dalton. Which is my perogative.

But I will be eternally grateful to my Hero Todd France. The Man who set this all in motion.

Sorry Dak you underestimated Fate and you have noone to blame but yourself. . .

But because of all those glorious stats over the last 4 years I dont mind if you get your 32 million franchise tag . . . Heck Dalton might get hurt and we could use a back up. . . Unless the Jets are willing to trade #33 but I doubt it because they already have a QB that can out play Dak

Nav22

Reaction score
You start with a hypothetical - COWBOYS WINNING THE SUPERBOWL. Then ask questions as if it were a reality.

Ill put it this way. I hope for a Super Bowl but I doubt Dak will pull it off. I base this on what I have seen. Do I think this team is capable. I believe so. With the edition of Lamb I believe Dak's chances of leading the Cowboy's to the Title are even better. But I also believe Dalton's chances are the same as Dak's

I am not trolling or trying to set people off, I honestly believe Dalton will be successful as this teams QB. Dalton is talented. This cannot be denied or white washed. While I believe Dak being Franchised gave the Cowboys a home town discount with Dalton. If the Cowboys were devoid of a QB then Dalton's price would have been higher. LEVERAGE

With that being said I would much prefer the Talent to Price Ratio of Dalton over the Talent to Price Ratio of Dak. But I want Dak on the team for the 1 year franchise tag. Unless the Cowboys are able to pull off a player for player trade. I dont want a draft pick just to save money.

Dak is younger but he's hit his cieling. He is what he is . . . A gritty over achiever. The problem with Dak is he is easily confused. By the end of the 3rd quarter the opposing coach has figured him out and is able to force Dak into being a non factor. This hurts the team.

Because I love the Cowboys I routed for him for the last 4 years, because "We had Nobody Else" Now we have Dalton I am throwing my hat in with Dalton. Which is my perogative.

But I will be eternally grateful to my Hero Todd France. The Man who set this all in motion.

But because of all those glorious stats over the last 4 years I dont mind if you get your 32 million franchise tag . . . Heck Dalton might get hurt and we could use a back up. . . Unless the Jets are willing to trade #33 but I doubt it because they already have a QB that can out play Dak
Way to not answer the hypothetical. Your position seems clear.

At least be man enough to say, “No, I wouldn’t want Dak here even if we won the Super Bowl with him.”

CCBoy

Reaction score

The Jets just signed a 37 year old running back...Jets?
Dak's agent firm wants to get rich with publicity.
Two Deep has been around Cowboys digs for over two decades that I am aware. He also served in Viet Nam...as a reference to another fan.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Way to not answer the hypothetical. Your position seems clear.

At least be man enough to say, “No, I wouldn’t want Dak here even if we won the Super Bowl with him.”

Wait, that would eliminate 20+ years of insults and ridicule of most loyal fans, not complaining.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

"I routed for him (Dak) for the last 4 years"

False.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Very good topic, kudos for coming up with a thread for reasoning and hopefully without the vitriol.

I'm more of a Dak doubter than what people who love Dal prefer to call people like myself.

If he led us to a Super Bowl win that means he took care of the ball and made plays when he had to. Even if he didn't carry the team he would still have to be a large part of winning.

I have always rooted for him and will continue to do so. If he does win a Super Bowl then how can you not pay the guy? He would have earned it imo.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Anybody who would still hate Dak if he won a Super Bowl is terminally psychotic. Just sayin'.

Nav22

Reaction score
Plays within himself. Should Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Jim McMahon have been the highest payed players at their position?
LOL, nice passive-aggressive non-answer.

The OP offered a list of possible choices in this hypothetical.

Why don’t you pick one?

Is it because you know that you’ll look stupid for wanting to get rid of a good, young, Super Bowl-winning QB?

I like how the 3 QBs you mentioned all had HISTORICALLY GREAT defenses carrying them. Almost like you’re preemptively preparing to give Dak zero credit for anything this team accomplishes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Dak is a fine man. Obviously a high quality character guy, and actually a darn good football player, but you know when it counted he seemed to seriously fall apart. He is still young, and plenty of time left, and now a new coach and a new system. I would love to keep Dak Prescott as our quarterback but I am not conviced that he would be worth more than 30 Million at this time. That said, he could be and he has the time to prove that, and he has given a lot to this team already through his play, and his leadership ability. It's up to people that have vastly superior football knowledge than myself to make these decisions I will support the team the same if he is or is not the quarterback. I know one thing though -- I am excited to see how he would fit in the WCO under McCarthy's system. I hope he comes to camp early and gets the offense down pat. Same for Andy Dalton I hope he comes in and learns the system and provides a ready-set-go backup solution.
these are my thoughts , stay out of my head..

Dak folded under pressure last season, has far too many dry spells with scoring and just stopped looking like guy who would do anything at all costs to move the ball, stopped running, just made bad choices in the biggest moments.. I like dak but I get behind a QB that actually steps up when the chips are downs, when the rest of the team is failing, the QVB is the general , the hero of the story if you will and just dodges bullets to keep his team in the game.. Ive seen flashes of this guy in dak in years past, but last year when times got tough , he wilted under pressure..

thats what took mine from a Dak supporter to on the fence and believe the Fo has offered him his actual value if not more..

Maybe that changes this season but I see a payer with slightly above Average Talent who occasionally plays better then his talent but the law of averages catch up and Daks just a reality good qb, not the great QB who could be demanding to be the highest paid athlete in the league.. im a realist. Dak should take the 33/105 come in and play with chip on his shoulder and carry us to out fort NFCCG in 25yrs..then he will win me back

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It has taken me a long time to come to terms with this board. Maybe all message boards. I don't believe many times does one poster ever change the mind of another poster. Even with burning bush proof mushed in the doubters face. So I am not here to praise Dak, or convince you of something you currently do not believe.

My position. I believe, with the team's Dak has played for since coming to the Cowboys, - questionable receivers, lack of defense, false accusations about a significant piece and ultimate suspension....ect. - to me...............TO ME............... I have seen progress by Dak and believe he has superior leadership qualities, and enough talent to lead this team to the promised land. Provided he has a real team and not all of the pressure is on him alone.

However, that could change if he had all the skill players and a defense and failed. So I am riding the fence with a positive attitude, but a show me inner voice.

Having said that I would like to ask the doubters a few questions. Keep in mind there is no trick about these questions. Your opinion is yours and counts no more or less than anyone else here.

QUESTIONS

Were Dak to play under the tag this season, and after all is said and done the Dallas Cowboys win the Super Bowl. Dak plays within himself, but it is a true team win, and not some Elway 97 yard drive to a walk off victory.

If Dallas, at that time, considering the results, offered Dak a contract which compensation was an average of 40 million a year, or at least above 38 million would you:

Still be a doubter?
Just as soon let him walk since his heroics was not enough to say he is the real deal?

I don't need the why because I'm pretty certain I have read all your thoughts on him. But if you feel you need to elaborate, then tee it up.

If as you suggested Dak is just being Dak in our SB run then i would...

force him to play under a tag the coming season

I have nothing against the person Dak is. I dont care much about our players when i have to decide between the Cowboys and a player. I am a DC fan, not a fan of the DC players.

Dak showed the last 4 years that he is extremely dependent on the talent around him to be successfull. And that he can be successfull even with elite talent is still a unknown as of today.
Now with your hypothesis you took one unknown out of the equation. We now know that he can be successfull with elite talent. But whats still in question is: Can Dak be successfull with lesser talent also ?

And herein persists the problem with Dak: When you hand him out a big time contract you wont be able to surround him with the needed talent anymore. I have my strong doubts that he will be able to have success with that. Dak is not a player who can elevate talent around him, he is no Rodgers, no Manning,P. or Favre.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think Dak is a fine man. Obviously a high quality character guy, and actually a darn good football player, but you know when it counted he seemed to seriously fall apart. He is still young, and plenty of time left, and now a new coach and a new system. I would love to keep Dak Prescott as our quarterback but I am not conviced that he would be worth more than 30 Million at this time. That said, he could be and he has the time to prove that, and he has given a lot to this team already through his play, and his leadership ability. It's up to people that have vastly superior football knowledge than myself to make these decisions I will support the team the same if he is or is not the quarterback. I know one thing though -- I am excited to see how he would fit in the WCO under McCarthy's system. I hope he comes to camp early and gets the offense down pat. Same for Andy Dalton I hope he comes in and learns the system and provides a ready-set-go backup solution.

Dak has been here 4 years. Which one game are you cherry picking?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

QUESTIONS

Still be a doubter?

I would offer him 33 million for 4 years or 35 million for 5. 35 is the highest I would go as anything else is just stupid and greedy. I would guarantee the first 3 years no problem.

33 is the market rate at the moment. I would hold firm on all those numbers. If Dak doesn't want to sign for those kind of numbers then I franchise him the next two years. If he refuses to play under the tag then I play Dalton and trade Dak when someone offers us a nice draft haul.

No way can these self entitled athletes hold teams hostage.

morasp

Reaction score
LOL, nice passive-aggressive non-answer.

The OP offered a list of possible choices in this hypothetical.

Why don’t you pick one?

Is it because you know that you’ll look stupid for wanting to get rid of a good, young, Super Bowl-winning QB?

I like how the 3 QBs you mentioned all had HISTORICALLY GREAT defenses carrying them. Almost like you’re preemptively preparing to give Dak zero credit for anything this team accomplishes.
I liked my question better.
No more stupid than expressing hostility over a discussion that can't be proved or disproved.
Zero credit is a little extreme. I'd hate to see your response when you don't like something.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Whoever is here when the Cowboys practice and take the field is who I will support.
This.

It continues to surprise me that there is anyone who considers themselves a Cowboy fan who doesn’t feel this way but there are tons of them

There will be dozens of comments today from posters who actually root against our Quarterback *on the field* and If the team fails in the process, that’s ok as long as it speeds his departure.

Throw away an entire season? No problem as long as Dak’s gone. Waste another year of a great offensive line? Sure, as long as Dak is gone.

It’s crazy!

Nav22

Reaction score
I liked my question better.
No more stupid than expressing hostility over a discussion that can't be proved or disproved.
Zero credit is a little extreme. I'd hate to see your response when you don't like something.
Yeah, not “zero credit”, just the same amount of minimal credit that Dilfer, Johnson and McMahon received, right?

Because the 2020 Cowboys will be SO stacked that any average QB should win it all with them!

LOL at you being too cowardly to answer the OP.