A couple of Cowboy nuggets from Peter King after week 10

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't see this at all but he's putting it out there........ :banghead:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...king-off-while-its-time-to-ground-zach-wilson

7. I think, just to throw it out there, here are my best Bill Belichick-on-the-free-market options, if indeed, Robert Kraft “parts ways” with Belichick (2-8 this year, 27-34 post-Brady) after the season:

a. Dallas. The Cowboys could be in play, I think, only if they don’t win the division, have some sketchy outings down the stretch and go winless in the playoffs. In that case, I could see Jerry Jones chasing Belichick, repeating history from two decades ago. Before you say Belichick would never work for Jerry, remember 2003, when we all thought Bill Parcells would never work for Jones.

Offensive players of the week

Deshaun Watson, quarterback, Cleveland.
Played one of the best halves of his life to beat Baltimore, and to finally show he can be the franchise quarterback Cleveland paid $230 million for 20 months ago. Watson, playing with a sprained or bruised ankle suffered in first half, was brilliant in the 33-31 comeback win and overcoming a pick-six on his first pass of the game by Baltimore safety Kyle Hamilton. Watson was 14 of 14 in the second half as he led Cleveland back from a 24-9 deficit with 20 minutes left in the game.

CeeDee Lamb, wide receiver, Dallas. With apologies to Dak Prescott, who threw for 404 yards and accounted for five touchdowns in the 49-17 rout of the Giants, Lamb’s my pick this week. No receiver in NFL had three straight games with at least 10 catches and 150 yards until Lamb’s current run. His last three: 12 for 158, 11 for 191, and on Sunday in Texas against the depleted Giants, 11 for 151. “I’m the top receiver in the game. It’s no question about it,” he said after this one. There is some question, CeeDee, but you’re doing a good job distancing yourself.

John813

Reaction score
Well if DQ leaves to be a HC, Bill will make a fine DC! ;)

That could play a role IMO. If Quinn were to leave to an ideal team for him, say Seattle as a hypothetical, then someone like Bill, even if for a short run, could make more sense in 2024 as the head coach if MM is also fired.

Downside would be that he would probably bring in BoB or McDaniels for the offense.

I can't see Jerry canning MM unless he just really ***** the bed to end the year/playoffs disaster. Cause Bill will be like Parcells and want more control than any coach since Parcells

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I would be surprised to see Belichick continue with the daily coaching grind after this year. He will likely become an advisor for some NFL organization. I would love to see him in the booth.

RS12

Reaction score
I dont believe Bellichick works for Jerry under any circumstance but let's say it somehow happens: First he isnt coming here as a DC it would be HC only. He would have to have final say on personnel which is the biggest reason it wont happen. If he somehow got personnel control, his drafts have been terrible and make little sense. His defense would be competitive but the offense would go south quick. Nope this is way outside Jerry's comfort zone. No way it happens.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I would be surprised to see Belichick continue with the daily coaching grind after this year. He will likely become an advisor for some NFL organization. I would love to see him in the booth.
In all due respect, Bill would make the absolute worst in the booth. Unless there is a personality behind him, there will be nobody able to listen to what he has to say

Motorola

Reaction score
Nothing but love and respect for Bill, but his drafts are suspect and he still hasn't proved he can do it without Tom.

I also question whether or not he even wants to coach anymore. He's no spring chicken.
Turns 72 next April.

gtb1943

Reaction score
That could play a role IMO. If Quinn were to leave to an ideal team for him, say Seattle as a hypothetical, then someone like Bill, even if for a short run, could make more sense in 2024 as the head coach if MM is also fired.

Downside would be that he would probably bring in BoB or McDaniels for the offense.

I can't see Jerry canning MM unless he just really ***** the bed to end the year/playoffs disaster. Cause Bill will be like Parcells and want more control than any coach since Parcells
Well, there is this. BB does not like the media and does as little as he can. Does not really like the spotlight. That is right up Jethro's alley in what he REALLY wants as a coach.

John813

Reaction score
Well, there is this. BB does not like the media and does as little as he can. Does not really like the spotlight. That is right up Jethro's alley in what he REALLY wants as a coach.

For sure. Just have to wonder if Bill B would care for Jerry being the Doctor and coach during his weekly radio appearances.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I think MM will be back even if we don’t get to the nfccg which likely we won’t….I do think BB would coach here but personally I don’t want him.

He’s an all time great coach, arguably the greatest coach ever but I think he’s just past his prime now. He had a great run, let somewhere else get him and see how he does.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
In all due respect, Bill would make the absolute worst in the booth. Unless there is a personality behind him, there will be nobody able to listen to what he has to say
By all accounts from ex-players and coaches BB is an absolute hoot to be around when the cameras aren't rolling. He has just mastered that stoneface act with the media.. And who can blame him.. I call them mediots for a reason. And yes.. I take credit for coining the term "mediot". I started using it online in 1992 .. and now it has become a part of the sports lexicon.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I honestly see Quinn becoming head coach if McCarthy is fired. They hire an Oc and that’s it.
+1.......yep and he's given a blank check to hire the best OC out there. Remember he had a hell of a coaching staff with the Falcons.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Unless he is bringing Tom Brady in his early 30s with him, I would prefer keeping MM.
Thank you.

conner01

Reaction score
Well if DQ leaves to be a HC, Bill will make a fine DC! ;)
Bill is a great coach but he thinks he’s a GM too and that’s really his weakness to me. Brady hid a lot of flaws in their play acquisition
Parcells was kind of the same. Much better cosch than GM.