A couple of Cowboy nuggets from Peter King after week 10

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't see this at all but he's putting it out there........ :banghead:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...king-off-while-its-time-to-ground-zach-wilson

7. I think, just to throw it out there, here are my best Bill Belichick-on-the-free-market options, if indeed, Robert Kraft “parts ways” with Belichick (2-8 this year, 27-34 post-Brady) after the season:

a. Dallas. The Cowboys could be in play, I think, only if they don’t win the division, have some sketchy outings down the stretch and go winless in the playoffs. In that case, I could see Jerry Jones chasing Belichick, repeating history from two decades ago. Before you say Belichick would never work for Jerry, remember 2003, when we all thought Bill Parcells would never work for Jones.

Offensive players of the week

Deshaun Watson, quarterback, Cleveland.
Played one of the best halves of his life to beat Baltimore, and to finally show he can be the franchise quarterback Cleveland paid $230 million for 20 months ago. Watson, playing with a sprained or bruised ankle suffered in first half, was brilliant in the 33-31 comeback win and overcoming a pick-six on his first pass of the game by Baltimore safety Kyle Hamilton. Watson was 14 of 14 in the second half as he led Cleveland back from a 24-9 deficit with 20 minutes left in the game.

CeeDee Lamb, wide receiver, Dallas. With apologies to Dak Prescott, who threw for 404 yards and accounted for five touchdowns in the 49-17 rout of the Giants, Lamb’s my pick this week. No receiver in NFL had three straight games with at least 10 catches and 150 yards until Lamb’s current run. His last three: 12 for 158, 11 for 191, and on Sunday in Texas against the depleted Giants, 11 for 151. “I’m the top receiver in the game. It’s no question about it,” he said after this one. There is some question, CeeDee, but you’re doing a good job distancing yourself.
Bill in Dallas ?

That would be insane !

They would have to lock Jerry in a cellar!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
It would not floor me if this was happen. Big Bill may love it here. He would not have to worry about being the voice of the team, which he cleary hates anyway. He has clearly not done well in the drafting department so having someone like Will McClay would be a blessing for him. He would get the coach the best D he has had in a very long time. It would just be could/would he be able to build his culture here, the hard nose approach, with this team and GM.. These players are coddled by both the HC and GM/Owner now, I wonder how they would react to someone like Bill B.

One of the reasons I didn't like the MM hire is that no coach has ever won the SB with two different teams. MM is not that great that he will be the first. Bill would fall in the same category, but he would have a much better shot than MM, IMO.

Creeper

Reaction score
Peter King is a Giants fan. He lives in NJ. He is one of my least favorite sports writers, and least knowledgeable about the game IMO. His takes on the NFL are almost always wrong. He falls into the category of "Pompous Windbag", a small group of "journalists" I view with contempt.

I seriously doubt Jerry will chase after Belichick who is showing signs of aging as he coaches the Patriots to their worst season in many years. The question we have to ask about Belichick is how is he doing with the QB he has now? And why hasn't he benched him? His QB is literally losing him games. He has shown he is not an NFL QB so why bother playing him? How has he done drafting? And if Jerry hires Belichick, a defensive guru, what happens to Quinn?
Peter King is conjecturing. I think Jerry sticks with McCarthy. I don't think he will make a quick HC change again.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Belicheck is an average coach. It's time we all come to grips with that. Brady is unquestionably the GOAT for dragging Bill

glimmerman

Reaction score
bb will not be coach here unless it’s a coordinator position. JJ lets coordinators do their thang and will give them players in the draft they want. He leaves them alone. But HC will not happen. He will not give bb the power he needs. MM does not get it. No way bb keeps running Pollard up the middle but MM will because JJ wants him to.

Dakota

Reaction score
Hallelujah. I feel like I just had a life altering religous experience. After losing to philly I felt despondent and emotionally drained. The thought that we lost to the only 2 teams we played with winning records was eating away at me. I was so depressed, I thought here we go again, we can beat up on bad teams but we can't beat the top teams. I needed something big to get me back on track. And then it happened. I needed something big, life altering if you will, and the giants delivered. Over 600 yards of offense!! That is unheard of. Ok, the the giants are not a top 5 team, but we didn't just beat them we destroyed them. I don't want to hear all the negativity about all their injuries, blah, blah, blah. Every team has injuries. We won because of execution and focus. All I can say is, I LOVE the giants!!

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think DC Belichick is at least as good of a candidate as Dick LeBeau, who's in, or Jim Johnson, who's borderline.
so Dan Quinn should be a hall of famer. DC of a super bowl winner and led his team to a sb
Something belicheck pre browns nor lebeau did. Just let everybody in.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Don't see it happening, but I guess it's good for clicks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
By all accounts from ex-players and coaches BB is an absolute hoot to be around when the cameras aren't rolling. He has just mastered that stoneface act with the media.. And who can blame him.. I call them mediots for a reason. And yes.. I take credit for coining the term "mediot". I started using it online in 1992 .. and now it has become a part of the sports lexicon.
Some of those mediot’s are worshiped here as Gods. Papsmear repeatedly posts Cowturd takes.

bandfan

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but BB would be absolutely horrible in the booth. A pre-game analyst I could see.
Oddly, I thought the same thing about Aikman. My first thought when I heard about Aikman was, he hasn't said 5 words since he's been in the league.