A couple of things Texas needs to do...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stay with the running game...now if the score gets out of control (OU starts putting up big points) then the longhorns will have no choice but to abandon the run....HOWEVER..they must not stop running at the first sign of trouble...in other words do not stop before you half to do so.
I feel that in the past they have quit the run too early.

IF OU scores early they need to control the players and coaches need to watch themselves as well...do NOT let it turn into a situation where the players over react (aka abandon the run) or the players start thinking...Here we go again.

Keep an eye on the these areas as the game goes on and OU scores (if OU scores).

I think much of the last few games have come down to those areas resulting in Texas getting killed.

Now for some reason I get the gut feeling this is the year the Longhorns beat the Sooners IF they keep cool and do not fall into the traps I mention of abandoning the run or falling into the here we go again trap.

Should be a very good game and I am glad it is an early game.

Later folks and good luck to both the fans of the Longhorns and Sooners, hoping for a very good game and no injuries.

I have no vested interest in either team but I will be rooting for the Longhorns as I like the underdog (as far as the last few years results).

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I agree with you. The run is the key for UT.

I have to say that the Texas QB looked terrible in the passing dept...do not know if that is a normal thing for him or not.

But he reminds me of Rasheed Marshall (great running QB) who is terrible in the passing game, and when he does have a good game passing...it is viewed as a rarity lol.

That Texas LB...wow...Cedric Benson may be hyped but that LB is NOT over-hyped...guy was a stud D.Johnson?
THe other LB with him was actually making some nice plays as well...Harris #2?

Adrian Peterson...now THIS guy is a stud as well...WOW!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I have to say that the Texas QB looked terrible in the passing dept...do not know if that is a normal thing for him or not.

But he reminds me of Rasheed Marshall (great running QB) who is terrible in the passing game, and when he does have a good game passing...it is viewed as a rarity lol.

That Texas LB...wow...Cedric Benson may be hyped but that LB is NOT over-hyped...guy was a stud D.Johnson?
THe other LB with him was actually making some nice plays as well...Harris #2?

Adrian Peterson...now THIS guy is a stud as well...WOW!

And to think that kid was considering Texas A&M....******** :mad:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
And to think that kid was considering Texas A&M....******** :mad:

If you are talking about Peterson then do not fool yourself into thinking he was ever going to go to A&M....he was either going to go to Texas or OU.
He chose OU over Texas because he said he believed they did a better job in player developement and better chance at getting a national title.

Now he may have said at one time something about A&M...but come on. :cool:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If you are talking about Peterson then do not fool yourself into thinking he was ever going to go to A&M....he was either going to go to Texas or OU.
He chose OU over Texas because he said he believed they did a better job in player developement and better chance at getting a national title.

Now he may have said at one time something about A&M...but come on. :cool:

He was considering OU, Texas, Texas A&M, and Baylor

But dont think just because we are A&M means we dont get good recruits. We had a top 5 recruiting class 3 of the last 5 years. Dont forget we got the #1 prospect in Texas 3 years ago Reggie McNeal and he is a better QB than Vince Young by a longshot.

Skeptic

Reaction score
I would say that the first thing Texas needs to focus on is not getting their *** whipped by OU yearly.

The only bad thing, IMO, is that Mack Brown being absolutely OWNED by Bob Stoops is that Steve Spurrier's arrival is nearly inevitable.

Here's hoping another top-5 job comes available before Texas comes to their senses.

BOOOOOOMER!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Skeptic said:
I would say that the first thing Texas needs to focus on is not getting their *** whipped by OU yearly.

The only bad thing, IMO, is that Mack Brown being absolutely OWNED by Bob Stoops is that Steve Spurrier's arrival is nearly inevitable.

Here's hoping another top-5 job comes available before Texas comes to their senses.

BOOOOOOMER!
If Brown loses his job after this year the successor will look like a genius potentially.

OU loses 16 starters this year. The run will probably end next year.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
If Brown loses his job after this year the successor will look like a genius potentially.

OU loses 16 starters this year. The run will probably end next year.
UT fans have been saying that for 4 years now.