Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Myron Rolle to play in Senior Bowl
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/8867/myron-rolle-to-play-in-senior-bowl

January, 18, 2010 Jan 18
2:00
PM ET

By Heather Dinich

Former FSU safety and Rhodes Scholar Myron Rolle hasn't forgotten about football during his studies overseas the past year, and he's hoping NFL scouts haven't forgotten about him.

Rolle will play in the 2010 Under Armour Senior Bowl, joining former teammates Dekoda Watson and Patrick Robinson on the South roster. The game will be held Jan. 30 at 4 p.m. (ET) in Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium. The game and all practices will be televised by the NFL Network.

Rolle is the first Rhodes Scholar to participate in the Senior Bowl.

“The opportunity that I have to play in the Senior Bowl is one that I will certainly cherish and value because NFL teams and scouts haven’t seen me for a year,” Rolle said. “This will be the first time I’m on a stage with some other talented players to display my ability and show that I haven’t lost any of my athleticism in a year.”

Rolle finished third on the team in total tackles (62) in 2008 and broke his string of 30 straight starts after arriving late for the Maryland game which fell on the same day as his Rhodes Scholarship interview.

“The only thing I haven’t done in a year is hit somebody and be physical. So once I get that first hit out of my system I think it will be like normal again. I’ve been playing football for 15, 16 years and I’m just ready for the Senior Bowl and the challenge that lies ahead.”

Rolle has 206 total career tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 13 pass deflections. He has been working with trainer Tom Shaw since he graduated from FSU in 2008 in preparation for the 2010 NFL draft. Following a career in the NFL, Rolle said he plans on attending medical school and becoming a neurosurgeon. He also hopes to open up a free medical clinic in his native Bahamas.

“NFL players are revered in this country, they are role models and if you have that platform or that sort of reach to all of Americans, especially to fans of professional sports, you can make a difference," he said. "The ones that do make a difference are the ones that understand that concept and utilize their positioning in society to advocate for something that’s pertinent to them or pertinent to our whole world and that’s what I plan on doing.”

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I would only take a chance late. The guy wasn't exactly a baller before taking a year off...

Kevlee06

Reaction score
How many interceptions did he have? We need "playmakers" back there. Someone that's going to get the ball!

RS12

Reaction score
I'll take somebody slightly less intelligent if they make more plays.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I don't get the infactuation

he had like a 3rd round grade last year and then took the year off