A Dallas Cowboys hopeful aims to be the first Mexican-born player on an NFL roster

T-RO

Reaction score
As someone with deep symbolic Mexican heritage (ie. incessant taco consumption)... I find this whole ongoing narrative insulting to all parties involved.

FAKE.STUFF.SUCKS.

Mexico kicks our arse in real football (soccer) most every year, and often out-does us in our longheld "past-time" of Baseball. They don't care squat about some guy pretending to be meaningful to the Cowboys when everyone knows he's a marketing prop.

Big_D

Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing Alarcon in camp and preseason.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Gonna be tough for the big guy to make it....practice squad may be the best he could do here if he shows promise on the DL. I was finding it hard to believe that no Mexican born player had been on an NFL roster......and found that Rafael Septien, yes that guy..., born in Mexico City. So there may be others but that statement is incorrect. Just for the record your honor.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, Alarcon would not be the first Mexican player to make an NFL roster.

In addition to former Cowboys Kicker Rafael Septein, in 1948, the Los Angeles Rams drafted Tom Fears who was born in Guadalajara, Mexico, to an American father and a Mexican mother. He was the rams’ leading receiver from 1948 to 1956, winning an NFL championship with the team in 1951.

Hardline

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys had a Mexican born punter in the mid 60s. Someone fact check this for me. I'm at work.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
As someone with deep symbolic Mexican heritage (ie. incessant taco consumption)... I find this whole ongoing narrative insulting to all parties involved.

FAKE.STUFF.SUCKS.

Mexico kicks our arse in real football (soccer) most every year, and often out-does us in our longheld "past-time" of Baseball. They don't care squat about some guy pretending to be meaningful to the Cowboys when everyone knows he's a marketing prop.
SMH

Mexico does not kick our arse in soccer anymore. The USA has improved its all-time record against Mexico to 23-36-17 and its advantage since 2000 to holds a 18-9-8 record.
The United States owns a 22-4-0 record all-time against Mexico at the U-18 level, including a 5-3-0 record at the WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup Americas Qualifier. The two last met at the 2022 WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup, with the U.S. winning 7-5.

As for Isaac Alarcón, you'd better believe Mexico cares if he makes the Dallas Cowboys team since most Mexicans are Dallas Cowboys fans.