A few observations from an old QB

Pokes12

Reaction score
1. Dak throws much more accurately from the run than he does from the pocket.

2. Garrett and Linehan coach much better when they think there is a) nothing on the line (like today) or b) the Cowboys' backs are up against the wall like when they were 3-5.

Pokes12

Reaction score

2. Garrett and Linehan coach much better when they think there is a) nothing on the line (like today) or b) the Cowboys' backs are up against the wall like when they were 3-5.

3. The second team O line did a marvelous job today. Kudos to Marc Colombo!!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
1. But when you move from the pocket, you reduce the field and limit your ability to move through your progression. Dak is good at doing it, but you do it sparingly.
2. Really? So when we were 13-2 going into the last game with the Eagles in 2016, that was great coaching with nothing on the line?
Build a case as to why you think Garrett and Linehan coach much better when they're desperate because I'm not seeing it.

eastsideboy

Reaction score

Old qd You sure that's not ODB :lmao2:Sorry couldn't help it

Pokes12

Reaction score
Sorry I keep hitting the return key before I am ready.

4. Amari Cooper looked disinterested today.

5. Cole Beasley looked in good form. Is there a way both Beas and Coop can co-exist or is it going to be one or the other.

6. There was a clear QB grounding call against Eli that was not called, as well as a number of pass interference penalties against the Gints that were not called.

7. Dak has some Stauback in him. Give him the ball on the last possession and he finds a way to win. He ain't pretty but he is a winner.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

IDK ......I think some of this as more to do DBs losing containment from his scrambling as would be any QB.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Well good thing our backs will be up against the wall throughout the playoffs. :D

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sorry I keep hitting the return key before I am ready.

4. Amari Cooper looked disinterested today.

5. Cole Beasley looked in good form. Is there a way both Beas and Coop can co-exist or is it going to be one or the other.

6. There was a clear QB grounding call against Eli that was not called, as well as a number of pass interference penalties against the Gints that were not called.

7. Dak has some Stauback in him. Give him the ball on the last possession and he finds a way to win. He ain't pretty but he is a winner.

:huh: how can you know?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Well we've been saying it all along. Stop making Dak a pocket passer. Roll him out. Use play action, RPO etc. He's one of the better QBs outside the pocket.

sbark

Reaction score
Teams saw that when romo was on the move and improvising was when he was most dangerous
They actually kept their d.line in rush lanes to keep him in the pocket to limit him
I'd venture teams will start doing it with dak also

Note Eagles Bennett not taking a run fake at all both games and getting at dak hard, Eagles are a bit ahead of the game

Bluefin

Reaction score
Roll Dak out 5 times a game. It’s money every time. Linehan is a idiot. JG is a idiot to not see it...
It looked good today, but over the last two seasons there has usually been a defender right in Dak's face when he ball fakes and rolls out to his right.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Why Dak doesn't get rolled out or put into motion far more often is mind boggling to me.

Pokes12

Reaction score
From another poster. Seems like I am not the only one to see Coop play poorly and with a bad tude.
:huh: how can you know?
New

We better look to keep Cooper happy. Dak not hitting the deep balls are taking TDs away from a productive WR and he knows it. Did you see the look on his face after both times he was wide open and got missed badly? Need to work on deep ball Dakuracy in the off season methinks. The back shoulder when he should have thrown him into the inside was brutal.

That said I thought Dak was decent today. Couple of balls sailed, Cooper missed on two big ones, but Mrs. Beasley saved our (and Dak's) bacon at the end.
really that late fumble and dropped easy catch will keep it even..cooper played lethargic today and its not on Dak this time.. BTW that one big one late Amari tripped threw off the timing, not bad throw..Amari had an off day and hope he comes in to make up for it next week..

blueblood70, Yesterday at 4:44 PM Report
#6 Like