a few quick thoughts

dirt

Reaction score
1.Ellis, outside of 1 sack, not showing much. Spencer is clearly the better player and should be getting the majority of snaps

2.our DL dominated-great effort, stout run defense and excellent pressure

3. the clock struck midnight about the start of the second quarter and Shaun Hill turned back into a pumpkin
I admit I was a bit irritated with the first quarter where he looked like the second coming of Joe Montana but face it that long completion was a moon ball. Once the defense started putting consistent pressure and banging him around, the mojo left him

4.Patrick Willis is a beast. But we got nice play from our ILB

5.You can see that Roy Williams is not yet in Romo's stream of consciousness just yet. Its TO first then Witt then check to Barber

6.Special teams had some nice plays early but second half the kick coverage slipped and everybody was asleep on the first onside kick try. Reed has to go

7. Just gotta think that Wades finger prints are all over this turn around by the Defense--throw out the garbage time in the 4th (although the announcers still gave those yards much more creedence than deserved!!!!) and that was a dominant performance. Trade field goals for touchdowns anyday

8.We need to draft at least 2 safeties in the upcoming draft. Davis was exposed and Watkins was pretty much useless

9.we really hammered the middle for some reason all day and that seemed to be the strength of the 49er d. Perhaps it was to set up deep pass outside the numbers
we havent attacked the middle deep for some time now.

10.never call that screen to Choice again!!! It looked botched from the start but nice sudden change defense by us

11. continue to be impressed with Scandrick each game

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
dirt;2437913 said:
7. Just gotta think that Wades finger prints are all over this turn around by the Defense--
If Dallas does indeed move forward with another HC next season, I fully expect Wade to stay here as the DC with the same pay rate. No team is going to hire him as HC anymore.

dirt

Reaction score
heres a thought out of the box
switch titles with Garrett
Garrett is head coach and Wade will be D coordinator
pay scale can stay the same
media would have a field day with that move!!! I can just see it "Jerry cant stop meddling" signed Randy Galloway

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2437979 said:
If Dallas does indeed move forward with another HC next season, I fully expect Wade to stay here as the DC with the same pay rate. No team is going to hire him as HC anymore.

I just can't see that. It's one thing to be fired as HC and then leave and come back a few years later in a lower position like Campo did, but to be demoted and stay with the same team? Not going to happen.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Sadly, this staff' will probably refuse to play Spencer more even though he's clearly a better choice.

See: A. Henry.

dirt;2437913 said:
1.Ellis, outside of 1 sack, not showing much. Spencer is clearly the better player and should be getting the majority of snaps

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Ozzu;2437999 said:
I just can't see that. It's one thing to be fired as HC and then leave and come back a few years later in a lower position like Campo did, but to be demoted and stay with the same team? Not going to happen.
I think Wade would stay if the pay rate stays the same...he won't get more money elsewhere.

FCBarca

Reaction score
dirt;2437913 said:

2.our DL dominated-great effort, stout run defense and excellent pressure

3. the clock struck midnight about the start of the second quarter and Shaun Hill turned back into a pumpkin
I admit I was a bit irritated with the first quarter where he looked like the second coming of Joe Montana but face it that long completion was a moon ball. Once the defense started putting consistent pressure and banging him around, the mojo left him

4.Patrick Willis is a beast. But we got nice play from our ILB

5.You can see that Roy Williams is not yet in Romo's stream of consciousness just yet. Its TO first then Witt then check to Barber

6.Special teams had some nice plays early but second half the kick coverage slipped and everybody was asleep on the first onside kick try. Reed has to go

7. Just gotta think that Wades finger prints are all over this turn around by the Defense--throw out the garbage time in the 4th (although the announcers still gave those yards much more creedence than deserved!!!!) and that was a dominant performance. Trade field goals for touchdowns anyday

8.We need to draft at least 2 safeties in the upcoming draft. Davis was exposed and Watkins was pretty much useless

9.we really hammered the middle for some reason all day and that seemed to be the strength of the 49er d. Perhaps it was to set up deep pass outside the numbers
we havent attacked the middle deep for some time now.

10.never call that screen to Choice again!!! It looked botched from the start but nice sudden change defense by us

11. continue to be impressed with Scandrick each game

Not sure what the problem with Ellis is and frankly I'm inclined to guess it's a 'motor' issue but I agree that Spencer got into the backfield a lot more than Greg did today.

Say what you will about Shaun Hill but Troy was right, he just hasn't had the experience or reps to throw to many of their receivers...And early on, Henry might as well removed his #42 from the back of his jersey and put a bullseye on it in place...They targeted him nearly every pass attempt...He used to be so much stronger as a DB but the wheels have clearly fallen off of the crafty vet...Safety seems the only place he can play anymore.

Carlos Polk, huge today...Special teams player of the game.

Nick Folk, great FG kicker, still lousy on kickoffs

Agree on WR RW...I am very impressed with his skill set and I figure that once he gets enough reps with Romo, he's going to be a beast to pair with T.O....Great hands.

The screen is SORELY needed in this offense and I can't fathom why it isn't used more...The play to Choice was just poorly developed and the TO was on him, not Tony...The later screen to Barber got them an easy 10 yards...Should be more of a weapon in red's playbook.

Running game needs a jolt and you can see that Choice has some burst to him so I can't understand why he wasn't used more as a change of pace back with Barber...Barber was getting no holes up the middle, none at all.

Romo's pinky still remains an issue, had at least 4 or 5 balls today that were clearly affected by it.

Deaf in one ear or not, no excuses for Flo and his FSs.

DWare's pass defense on Gore late in the game was one of those more impressive ones, especially for a guy of his size

Stanback, I'm done with you....All that speed and seems to only run into a pile...And bringing it out of the endzone only to fall down at the 12 yard line is just inexcusable.

I like Scandrick but such a dumb penalty (Even if it was a tad mild)

This was not a terrible Niner team but hardly a playoff caliber one so hard to determine how much was built upon the Skins' victory from last Sunday...From where I sat, I still there's a lot of work ahead for the team.

Hawks on Thursday on the short week...Could be 8-4 going into Pitt.

Wade, for me, is still an idiot...Throwing down the challenge flag when it was clear as day and then the timeout call that went back and forth before the half were just more indicative of just how poorly he manages a game...Nevermind the continuing penalty issues

FCBarca

Reaction score
DanTanna;2438334 said:
Did you see Watkins get steam rolled again???

Watkins may indeed be overrated...That conclusion may actually be confirmed now

zeromaster

Reaction score
Yeah on those challenges I'd love to know where the advice was coming from.

On Witten's out of bounds (if it was Tony) I'm not sure how they could think he's in bounds, given that Witten's got his back to the sideline and it's impossible not to bring the heel down.