A Few Random Thoughts

rcaldw

Reaction score
I didn't have the opportunity to see the game last night, (emergency visit to the hospital), but I have it recorded and plan to watch it tonight.

However, just given the results, I have a few random thoughts for the forum.

1. This game qualified as a pressure game, a must win game, and Tony Romo played hurt, played within himself, didn't turn the ball over, and deserves credit for that. As far as I'm concerned, Tony Romo won a big game last night at the QB position. Let him build on that and we trust we will see a lot more before he is finished in Dallas.

2. Just because T.O. and Witten and Romo were laughing on the sidelines last night, and just because they all are saying the right things afterwards, doesn't mean that nothing happened and that Ed Werder was all wrong in what he reported. I am NOT a pro-media guy, NOR am I an anti-T.O. guy (in fact, I like T.O., and he is one of my top 5 favorite players on this current team), but I do try and be a REALISTIC guy. And reality for me is watching T.O. and Donovan McNabb chase each other around a sideline a few years ago, MOCKING those who said there was a rift between them, only to have the thing blow sky high later on.

3. I'm just grateful that we have meaningful games in December and that it looks like we will have playoff games again this year. That is a real blessing and I am so glad that we aren't in the 5-11 years any more.

4. Tashard Choice... what can you say? When Felix Jones is back does anyone have a better 3 back combo?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Agree 100%.

We have to be realistic. Sure ESPN hyped the controversy. They hype everything...(Did you see Tebow and the College Football awards show?)

But you have to be realistic and acknowledge there are internal problems with TO that can only be controlled by winning football games.

As for Choice, he is a pleasure to watch. The kid loves the game, plays it the right way and is extremely talented.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2496872 said:
Agree 100%.

We have to be realistic. Sure ESPN hyped the controversy. They hype everything...(Did you see Tebow and the College Football awards show?)

But you have to be realistic and acknowledge there are internal problems with TO that can only be controlled by winning football games.

As for Choice, he is a pleasure to watch. The kid loves the game, plays it the right way and is extremely talented.

I agree with this.

Eddie

Reaction score
We have to re-do the draft and take Choice in the 1st round. :bow:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I just feel Werder and BSPN have their intentions when it comes to TO. I've been watching it since the day TO became a Cowboy and after every little thing TO does they've been praying for him to blow up and he's given them NOTHING. To me they were trying to do it for us. Trying to make something there that isn't. Whether Werder was right or not I don't know. I just don't like him or his intentions and BSPN's.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
rcaldw;2496843 said:
I didn't have the opportunity to see the game last night, (emergency visit to the hospital), but I have it recorded and plan to watch it tonight.

However, just given the results, I have a few random thoughts for the forum.

1. This game qualified as a pressure game, a must win game, and Tony Romo played hurt, played within himself, didn't turn the ball over, and deserves credit for that. As far as I'm concerned, Tony Romo won a big game last night at the QB position. Let him build on that and we trust we will see a lot more before he is finished in Dallas.

2. Just because T.O. and Witten and Romo were laughing on the sidelines last night, and just because they all are saying the right things afterwards, doesn't mean that nothing happened and that Ed Werder was all wrong in what he reported. I am NOT a pro-media guy, NOR am I an anti-T.O. guy (in fact, I like T.O., and he is one of my top 5 favorite players on this current team), but I do try and be a REALISTIC guy. And reality for me is watching T.O. and Donovan McNabb chase each other around a sideline a few years ago, MOCKING those who said there was a rift between them, only to have the thing blow sky high later on.

3. I'm just grateful that we have meaningful games in December and that it looks like we will have playoff games again this year. That is a real blessing and I am so glad that we aren't in the 5-11 years any more.

4. Tashard Choice... what can you say? When Felix Jones is back does anyone have a better 3 back combo?

Good stuff. I agree with your take on Werdergate.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
rocyaice;2496885 said:
I just feel Werder and BSPN have their intentions when it comes to TO. I've been watching it since the day TO became a Cowboy and after every little thing TO does they've been praying for him to blow up and he's given them NOTHING. To me they were trying to do it for us. Trying to make something there that isn't. Whether Werder was right or not I don't know. I just don't like him or his intentions and BSPN's.

Agreed. I think there is obviously something to what Werder reported...it's likely not all cupcakes and rainbows in the locker room, but Werder has obviously been licking his chops at the opportunity to report something negative about TO...not unlike the majority of the national media. He wasn't even the one that broke the story really, but he is the one who sensationalized it. That's my problem here...outside of the fact that TO makes me nervous. I don't like that either.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I agree with the fact that Owens and the receivers were not happy. I disagree with the crap about Owens upset about secret plays between JW and TR. I think TO went at it the way he is supposed to, to the coaches. Was there an issue, I think so. Do twenty other teams have the same issues? Probably.