A Free Agency Prediction

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing them overpay Chris Harris Jr, if they have to, on a 2 or 3 year deal.

Guy is still a stud corner who will we re-energized after leaving Denver. The relationship there went south and he checked out this season.

agreed! This defense needs new blood!

snapper

Reaction score
I do believe the Boys will be active in FA, but I don't believe they will sign many big name FAs except their own.

DT may be a big priority.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think its gonna be more different thank most think. With New blood in the building and fresh ideas and new coaches
McCarthy's teams in Green Bay were notoriously inactive in FA.

The only thing Dallas could do in FA is swap players simply for scheme fit. i.e. let Byron Jones walk but sign Logan Ryan. Stuff like that. There isn't enough FA talent to improve the club's actual talent level.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Have to agree that we won't be in on any of the 1st week guys but if Hunter Henry available sure wish we would.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hard to tell with entirely new HC with more say in the goings on than we've seen in the past........plus I think we have decent CAP room to work with.

I think they’ll be more active in FA. If they couple that with a good draft, we can strengthen the roster.

DT, FS, LB, TE

Kaiser

Reaction score
I do believe the Boys will be active in FA, but I don't believe they will sign many big name FAs except their own.

DT may be a big priority.

Agree with this and the OP, they haven't gone after the big name, first day FA type since Greg Hardy and Brandon Carr before that.

The priority will be on Dak and Cooper, then figuring out what the market is for Byron Jones, Anthony Brown, Randall Cobb and maybe on Maliek Collins.

But after that they will go after guys in that second tier like Cobb was last year.

Loso86

Reaction score
McCarthy's teams in Green Bay were notoriously inactive in FA.

The only thing Dallas could do in FA is swap players simply for scheme fit. i.e. let Byron Jones walk but sign Logan Ryan. Stuff like that. There isn't enough FA talent to improve the club's actual talent level.
That was because Ted Thompson was cheap and refused to spend money that was 1 of the many things McCarthy disliked about GB. And why they never put talent around Rodgers

Loso86

Reaction score
Yeah but the coaching staff aren't in charge of the personnel. Jerry, Stephen, McClay....still here.
Yea but if you hear what they all say. They rely heavily on what the coaching staff say. Before jason and rod they would go spend neccessary money. Rod didnt believe they needed safety help over heath hin and Garrett and disnt believe they needed a heavy 1 Technique. All that's heavily noted of the years

RS12

Reaction score
Hope we go all out. Jerry needs to start spending his cash! Can’t take it to the grave with you Jerry!!
Probably has been spending by pre paying estate taxes. Lucky us, we will never be rid of the Jones family.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea but if you hear what they all say. They rely heavily on what the coaching staff say. Before jason and rod they would go spend neccessary money. Rod didnt believe they needed safety help over heath hin and Garrett and disnt believe they needed a heavy 1 Technique. All that's heavily noted of the years
Yeah but that was for later on in the draft. When it come to first round picks and sometimes even 2nd rounders.....they will go after who they want despite what the coaches say.

Loso86

Reaction score
Yeah but that was for later on in the draft. When it come to first round picks and sometimes even 2nd rounders.....they will go after who they want despite what the coaches say.
Yea I agree mostly. But remember the last few 1st rounders it was said they brought the coach for those specific players and asked what they thought if they should draft them for example drafting taco over watt. Was cause the coaches garrett and Rod didnt think he was a true end so they wanted taco same with rod and T. Hill....free agency is the same

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea I agree mostly. But remember the last few 1st rounders it was said they brought the coach for those specific players and asked what they thought if they should draft them for example drafting taco over watt. Was cause the coaches garrett and Rod didnt think he was a true end so they wanted taco same with rod and T. Hill....free agency is the same
I think it was easier to do with late round picks. They actually have a middle of the round type pick. Its gonna be hard to not see a safety or defensive tackle in that spot unless they are still going to be stubborn about those positions.

817Gill

Reaction score
I think free agency will be a big part of the off season only because Dallas has so many guys of their own who will be free agents. Again, a lot depends on what the defensive scheme will be. It sounds like Nolan will want bigger stronger DTs, but they don't grow on trees. I won't mind one or two 1 year deals, but they are projected to have another dozen or so free agents next year so it would be good not to be in a position of turning over half the roster again in 2021.

One thing is clear, they need to be stronger up front on both sides of the ball and faster everywhere else.
Yes we will be bigger players than usual out of necessity

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dallas needs to be very active. All those 1 year contracts plus their long time players becoming UFAs. Those idiots in the front office need to be active. Look at the DL and CB positions. Look at the K and P. Dallas needs to revamp all of those. It is the latest example of the inept FO believing their hype and being fooled by the terrible coaching staff. These clowns actually thought they were going to win it all. Didn’t even make the playoffs. Dallas has A LOT of work to do.

Loso86

Reaction score
I think it was easier to do with late round picks. They actually have a middle of the round type pick. Its gonna be hard to not see a safety or defensive tackle in that spot unless they are still going to be stubborn about those positions.
That's why they need to address in FA

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prediction: We'll do whatever we want like we do every year but we really don't have to do anything because we draft so well all the time.