A funny comment from Aikman during the game

Woods

Reaction score
. . . . at least given the suspense of the game I though it was a funny comment.

Just before Grammy was lining up for the kick, it looked like he was saying every prayer/Hail Mary he could think of.

Then the Giants called the time out to try to ice him.

I think it was Aikman who said "it gives him more time to pray" . . . . :laugh2:

I was really sweating it at home . . . .

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
They zoomed on for the tight shot on him and he was definitely praying. Gave the rest of the Cowboys fans more time to pray too...

:pray2:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
He made the Sign of the Cross about a dozen times.

After the time out it looked he was doing it in hyper speed and it looked like he forgot the order.

:D

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
Not trying to be picky, But I think it was Joe Buck who said it. Aikman was saying how when defenses ice the kickers, and they say it does not bother them. He hadn't talked to Gramatica, but "I gotta believe for a guy who hasn't had a lot of kicks in a couple of years, he's thinking about it isn't he?" And he let in a chuckle before Buck said "gives him more time to pray." I do think it was funny how Buck added "No one celebrates a made kick like a Gramatica" and Aikman chimed in with "He might be having knee surgery if he makes it." :laugh2:

bbuck822

Reaction score
Gramatica has always done the sign of the cross before every kick throughout his career. And yes that was Joe Bucks "now he has more time to pray" comment.

Unforgiven

Reaction score
I just wonder if Witten was given instructions to put that bear hug on him if he made the kick. There is no question, Witten was conciously trying to keep the wraps on him, and keep him on the ground. Witten seemed intent.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
I'm sure Witten knows the jumping and wild acts are in the family's blood, have to keep him under control.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
My heart was jumping out of my chest. Cowboys fans have been through to much with kicking. As soon as he hit it, I knew it was good. You're gonna need a few clutch kicks to go where we wanna go.