A genius decision

playmakers

Reaction score
It was said in the game they would shadow Clayton with Newman because he is the faster of the two starting Raven recievers. If you look at the Ravens production Joe Flacco is only comfortable throwing to one guy and that was Derrick Mason. It turned out he killed us on some big third downs and catches. The gameplan was downright awful because of that. If Henry isnt fast enough to cover Clayton then we have other guys more than able to match-up with Clayton. Its like going to New England and putting Newman on Gaffeny instead of Moss or going to Houston and put him on Kevin Walter instead of Johnson. This was very underrated in the game. We could of got off the field a few times and possible prevented a td if Newman was on him. All we needed was to shave 3 points off the score and the game would had been totally different. We kept chasing the extra 3 points we gave up on several turnovers or drives in which we should of clearly been off the field. This week the Eagles dont have a clear number 1 and it seems to change every week as to which recievers steps up. I would put him on Jackson though to prevent against the long ball.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Henry has been miserable this year and I don't understand why the coaches keep throwing him out there in a starting role. He just doesn't have the speed or agility to stay with receivers.

grp05

Reaction score
I don't really think it matters. If we put newman on mason, flacco would throw to clayton. If we put newman on moss, they'd throw to welker or someone else. But you're right that newman needs to be on whoever their best receiver is. Newman should be able to match the speed of Jackson.

WG5516

Reaction score
LOL I don't understand what this team is doing most of the time. I've stopped trying to figure it out too. Nothing we do makes any sense. We have a QB that thinks he's playing Madden out there on the field. A diva WR that gets throw to at least 10 times a game but only catches about 40% of those passes. A defense that plays lights out for 3 quarters and 12 mins and then forgets how to tackle for the last 3 minutes of the game.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I don't know. I think Henry could cover Mason, even if Mason had 1 hand tied behind his back. Oh wait...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Ozzu;2517392 said:
Henry has been miserable this year and I don't understand why the coaches keep throwing him out there in a starting role. He just doesn't have the speed or agility to stay with receivers.

I agree. Go ahead and label me a Henry Hater. The guy is like a continuous serving of burnt toast. I cringe every time I see the ball thrown his way. The day he is no longer manning one of our corners will be a day to rejoice...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
The game plan was good. Their passing game was as good as non existant.

What killed us were those two big runs we could have stopped in the backfield also. They were lucky we missed a lot of tackles on each of those runs.

Sure we looked stupid on these two runs but fact is without those yds there offense really wasn't able to produce.