A glimpse into the future - a rendition of a beloved bed-time story.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
I wrote this for another board, but it was so beautiful and I wanted to share it. Give me your best shots.

I threw in a a couple tweaks just to make the journey that much sweeter (keep reading). Here's my story. I think I'll read it to my daughter this weekend... once upon a time, in a future (seemingly) far, far, away....

Week 15:
The Eagles end the playoff hopes of the Rams. McMahon, McMullen and McDougle lead the JV squad to a victory, eliminating the Rams from the playoff race.

Week 16:
Tampa Bay shocks the world by beating the Falcons. Falcons now sit at 9-6, Buccaneers at 8-7...

Week 17:
Drunk with the glory of playoff hopes and gently guided by my spirit helper the Matanuska Thunderbird, the Bucs go on to beat the Saints off an Aaron Brooks interception returned for a touchdown. The Falcons, reeling from the previous weeks defeat, face a tough Panthers team. The Panthers win after knocking Vick out of the game with a cheap shot (sorry Vick, I feel for you). Panthers win the division, Tampa grabs the last wild card spot.

Wild Card:
Bears/Panthers - Better team wins. Not even a contest.
Bucs/Seahawks - Sorry Seattle, I would have liked to face you, but I've got an agenda.
Jets/Ravens - Good game.
Chargers/Colts - Peyton breaks a record of some sort.

Divisional Round:
Eagles/Bucs - Revenge.
Vikings/Panthers - Sharper misses a tackle on Foster, touchdown seals the game.
Steelers/Colts - Someone else gets to beat them this time.
Patriots/Ravens - by process of elimination. Vinateri misses a field goal to end the game.

Steelers/Ravens - Good game.
Eagles/Panthers - Revenge.

and just for kicks, an all PA superbowl
Steelers/Eagles - Eagles win and it is sweet indeed. Duce Staley - 8 for 20 yards. Bettis - 20 for 110 yards. Roethlisberger - confused and ineffective. Picked off in the endzone by Matt Ware. McNabb - unstoppable. Legendary, and such things. Once the Eagles win - it's kind of like getting a chick, all the other chicks want you. In other words, they just keep on winning superbowls. They become the "other" team of the decade.

While we are being candid, I would like to say a few words about my signature below (another board, not to be named). Adapt, and overcome, has always been a motto of mine - and really sums up the Eagles 2005 season. But I digress...

This sig was given to me as a result of a bet - it was meant to be a sort of punishment, but has come to mean so much more. Look below, and you will see the faces of two fierce, intense, courageous competitors. These two jerseys will go on to meet again, and again, and many other agains... but the results will be different. You are looking at two glorious franchises - the yin and yang of this decade. Both will go down as "dynasties". Many legendary games will arise out of this series, giving me and my decendants plenty of reason to watch ESPN classic. The clan of Toby will be happy. Much Matanuska Thunderf_ck will be consumed in celebration.

sigbet1et.jpg

AtlCB

Reaction score
That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read. This part was really funny:

TobiasEagle77 said:
McNabb - unstoppable. Legendary, and such things.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AtlCB said:
That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read. This part was really funny:

Except when he plays the cowboys and is chased in the backfield for 20 seconds and still manages to get a pass off for a completion :mad:

k19

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Except when he plays the cowboys and is chased in the backfield for 20 seconds and still manages to get a pass off for a completion :mad:

GREAT now I'm going to have to gtet back on my medication and back to the therapist. Thanks alot BP :eek:

AtlCB

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Actually, McNabb is unstoppable in the regular season. He doesn't stink until he gets to the playoffs.

CalMor

Reaction score
Eagles = 90's Bills ? No, Bills were better. Both no Superbowl trophy.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Don't fight it guys, embrace it. You can't argue with history, and in the future, this will be history.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
Don't fight it guys, embrace it. You can't argue with history, and in the future, this will be history.

I like THIS history much better... no arguments from me... :lombardi: :D

AtlCB

Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:

Translation:

Don't fight it guys, embrace it. You can't argue with fantasy, and in the future, this will be fantasy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you were a true eagles fan Tobias.

You would start a drive to get your man some of the following items that he could use before, during or after the big game...

wellMedicineOTCAllPepto_Bismol_Original_Formula_Liquid.jpg

valium.jpg

1slNHMP.jpg

barf_bag.jpg

segway.jpg

^^To help get back to the huddle faster at the end of the game when his team is behind

redbull.jpg

secondribbon.gif

kleenex.jpg

visine.jpg

And before anyone asks...yes I am bored. :D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:

Yeah, I figure the Iggles are pretty close to history... :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, so you stole the fairy tale from the 90's Bills and changed the words. Big deal. Buffalo stole it from the 80's Broncos... who stole it from the 70's Vikings... who stole it...

Ah, the heck with it! It's yours. :D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

It is a little easier when you have Marcellus Wiley and Leonardo Carson chasing you instead of Demarcus Ware and Marcus Spears.

I don't see a repeat of that escapade again.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
My daughter liked it, and next year you all will be calling me nostradamus. I might even have to change my username.