A good chance that the Cowboys sign a offensive tackle next week

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think that they better do it very soon. Which player should they sign?
:hammer:
Is their anyone left that's left worth signing at this point?
Really wished we would have signed some OL earlier in free agency when there were more available.

cowboyec

Reaction score
not unless there is an injury we don't know about.
they might at cut down time when everyone is getting down to 53...but i think they'll go with what they have.
we'll start getting some answers about this oline when the games start.

Reactions: BAT

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Voch and Cavanaugh have both said that Tyler clearly looks like the better LG. There has been speculation on why McGovern has been getting so many first team reps, but it isn't because Tyler hasn't shown enough to stay ahead of him.

It's likely because they expect to have to move him to tackle. That, or they are trying to envision what it would look like if they did.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

There is a good "NO" chance that the Cowboys do anything to shore up their OT position.

It baffles me that losing two of their starters, having Philbin as their OL coach, and not signing a single free agent to fix that position despite having a ton of cap space.

Blame goes to Stephen Jones a.k.a capboy. He is worse than his father. Stephen not only doesn't want to take risk, he doesn't care. All the money in the world won't fix cluelessness. Stephen is clueless on how to run an NFL team.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
McGovern has no chance of starting game 1 other than injury. None. ZERO. FO is just making him wait so he earns it.

Doesn't make sense. By now they should already know what they got in Mcgovern. Frankly, they should have cleared house on the oline. They should have signed some available Tackles already that was on on the market. But the FO is only fooling themselves.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense. By now they should already know what they got in Mcgovern. Frankly, they should have cleared house on the oline. They should have signed some available Tackles already that was on on the market. But the FO is only fooling themselves.

I agree. They should have signed a starting caliber OT that could compete with Steele for the RT job. The loser is the swing tackle. And now Tyler can remain at guard even if Tyron goes down.

Carson

Reaction score
I agree. They should have signed a starting caliber OT that could compete with Steele for the RT job. The loser is the swing tackle. And now Tyler can remain at guard even if Tyron goes down.
A guy like Cam Erving will be available after final cut downs. Likely is a better option than what is available at the moment

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Nope….wait until the drafted rookies prove themselves and vets with past starting experience are released. Two weeks from now, or after the first week of the season are prime times for finding extra OL players.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

That latest I have heard is a workout with 2 FA O linemen:
Tackles Kevin Palmer (Baylor) and Aundrey Walker (USC)
And get this, me oafs. Both went in drafted in 2014.
Had no idea times were so tough.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
A guy like Cam Erving will be available after final cut downs. Likely is a better option than what is available at the moment

Are you saying there could be a strategy behind waiting?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
How would you portray this to the FA? You’re not bringing someone in to replace a healthy Smith or Steele, so the conversation would be “best case scenario you don’t play at all….”

Who’s going to sign on those terms for nickles and dimes and is clearly better than your current backups?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Are you saying there could be a strategy behind waiting?

The FO thinks getting by is good enough for fans. Who cares if we are a one and done in the playoffs. Customers will be disappointed. But their favorite teams will be the Cowboys the following year.

Stephen Jones just doesn't care. He already has more money than he can spend. Why care about what others think of the Cowboys?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
How would you portray this to the FA? You’re not bringing someone in to replace a healthy Smith or Steele, so the conversation would be “best case scenario you don’t play at all….”

Who’s going to sign on those terms for nickles and dimes and is clearly better than your current backups?

Most understand the Dallas offensive line. Tyron Smith already slightly injured before preseason game. McGovern is ineffective. Biadz the center is average at best. Zach Martin is great, RG. Steele is hoping things go great this year. No swing tackle so Dallas could say they want a swing tackle which could turn into a starting tackle position in 2023.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Most understand the Dallas offensive line. Tyron Smith already slightly injured before preseason game. McGovern is ineffective. Biadz the center is average at best. Zach Martin is great, RG. Steele is hoping things go great this year. No swing tackle so Dallas could say they want a swing tackle which could turn into a starting tackle position in 2023.

Isn’t Tyler the starter?

Cmac

Reaction score
There were big concerns about the OL and it hasn’t looked good at all this summer. Connor McGovern who’s sucked ever since he arrived in Dallas has been gettting most of the starting reps over Tyler Smith. The OL looks like it’s going to be a real problem.
,,,,,,again.