A Good Perspective of the Cowboys

rwalters31

Reaction score
I thought this was a very good summation of the Cowboys team

"It's obvious the Cowboys have the talent on the roster to compete with any team in the NFL, but they’re only able to compete at certain times. What do you guys think the reason is for this up and down where the team plays lights out in all three phases of the game one week and then not the following week during parts of the game? - HERBERT JANNSEN / WALNUT CREEK, CA

Nick: I think that happens when you just have an average team. Average teams in any league are good enough to win some games, meaning they’re going to be on certain nights. The Cowboys can turn it on and beat the bad teams and even hang in there with the average ones. But they have not proven to have enough talent to beat really good teams and they’ve never proven to have whatever it takes to win close games. Call it coaching, lack of elite talent or something else that is missing. But the results have been the same and now the Cowboys, who started out 3-0, will not have a winning record. I think it just shows that this only an average team at best."

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

"It's obvious the Cowboys have the talent on the roster to compete with any team in the NFL, but they’re only able to compete at certain times. What do you guys think the reason is for this up and down where the team plays lights out in all three phases of the game one week and then not the following week during parts of the game? - HERBERT JANNSEN / WALNUT CREEK, CA

Nick: I think that happens when you just have an average team. Average teams in any league are good enough to win some games, meaning they’re going to be on certain nights. The Cowboys can turn it on and beat the bad teams and even hang in there with the average ones. But they have not proven to have enough talent to beat really good teams and they’ve never proven to have whatever it takes to win close games. Call it coaching, lack of elite talent or something else that is missing. But the results have been the same and now the Cowboys, who started out 3-0, will not have a winning record. I think it just shows that this only an average team at best."
Overrated team in the preseason as usual.

Praxit

Reaction score
The eagles have one of the most beat up rosters in the league and beat us
I don’t buy we have avg talent
I think we get avg results from the talent we have
..have you ever heard JG make speeches or give pizazz to players? Its always starts with a Helleva job guys, Helleva win, Helleva way you played tonight... lol... There is no substance to his speech. Its just cliched idioms...

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Completely disagree! This team manhandled the Rams who went to the Superbowl last year. They manhandled Philly the 1st time we played them. This team was favored in EVERY game except 1 this year!!!! This team has the talent, but the coaching is TERRIBLE. The Coordinators are extremely inconsistent in their game plans. Both Coordinators had terrible game plans vs Philly. There is no way we should have lost that game. Garrett, we all know, is a joke. He is not a motivator, his players play soft to often, his in game decisions are dumb to often( attempt 57 yard FG early in game vs Minnesota, which swings momentum early in game), etc. Also, our Special Teams SUCK!! The Special teams coach should have been fired months ago!!

GenoT

Reaction score
Players’ owner/GM + players’ HC = a country club atmosphere.

Little wonder we’re an up-and-down, underachieving team.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
No accountability. The Owner/GM has cast a toxic spell over this organization. All the promotional stunts and premieres he counts on the players for take precedent over preparing for and winning games.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

How much of it is the coaching, how much is on the players?

irving

Reaction score
Completely disagree! This team manhandled the Rams who went to the Superbowl last year. They manhandled Philly the 1st time we played them. This team was favored in EVERY game except 1 this year!!!! This team has the talent, but the coaching is TERRIBLE. The Coordinators are extremely inconsistent in their game plans. Both Coordinators had terrible game plans vs Philly. There is no way we should have lost that game. Garrett, we all know, is a joke. He is not a motivator, his players play soft to often, his in game decisions are dumb to often( attempt 57 yard FG early in game vs Minnesota, which swings momentum early in game), etc. Also, our Special Teams SUCK!! The Special teams coach should have been fired months ago!!
Great post you are dead on all your points.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I think they’re worse than average. A lot worse.
This is a 4-8 team since 3-0 and the losses were epic with things like 14 missed tackles in a signal game. Average doesn’t do that. You have in house issues,a staff being replaced and allll the other Browns mode goodies. That’s not average..stop using that word,and call a spade a spade. They’re garbage.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
An offense that has been kept out of the end zone in two of the last five games. A defense that hasn’t put together back-to-back solid games since late September.

And then there’s a penchant for falling behind early. Maybe you’ve heard our Boys have lost all 8 games in which they’ve trailed at halftime. That stat grows to 1-13 if you take last season into account.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score

Eagles Are Average Team At Best Though Do To Injury's, But Been On a Winning Stretch To Get Where They Are Right Now And To The Obvious Is Do To Eagles HC.

This Is The main Reason JG Must Be Let GOOOOOOOOOOO..

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It's obvious everything flows downward from having an average GM.
Lets just admit that we really do not have a GM.

A real GM has a full time job doing GM topics.

They are not building real estate holdings or distracting himself buying yatch and training facilites.

They are also not on every committee in the NFL to siphon off more time from running the team.

So obviously we are run differently from any other sports team.

Jerrah is not really good at GM.

Owner? Yes.

Art buyer? Yes

Coach? No

So we have a GM who has defined his job without anybody approving if it is working or not.

We have all decided this already for ourselves.

MaineBoy

Reaction score

I agree with most of your post, except your primary point. This team has average talent, at best. When you drill down: Dak is a seriously flawed QB, the offensive line has sucked at run blocking, the wide receivers have the most drops in the league, Cooper, our #1, has played terribly, they play an ancient TE in Witten most of the time and he can’t catch anymore in addition to no speed, the linebackers have basically sucked this year except one of them, Lee, for the last 2 games, the DB’s can’t cover or tackle, the star pass rusher has 5 sacks all year, and we haven’t had a talented safety since Woodson. Just because Jerry pays them too much money doesn’t mean they have the talent to match the checks. We have a lot of old, fading players, with some overrated “stars”, and average-to- below talent everywhere else. And the Eagles and Rams have both had poor seasons so us beating poorly performing teams don’t make us good.

cern

Reaction score
Our players are spineless. Smack us on the face and we fall apart. First to surrender. Zeke, Gallup and heath are the only players with heart. The rest are wimps.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Our players are spineless. Smack us on the face and we fall apart. First to surrender. Zeke, Gallup and heath are the only players with heart. The rest are wimps.
Not sure about all that.

They certainly were different from last year.

To come back from being behind to win the division by 2 games then beat the Seahawks in the playoffs is heroic.

What happened this year and why remains to be seen.

It will come out.

Not that it will really matter as we cannot replay the year now.

It's over Sunday.