A Hillbilly 'Tray-dish-shun'

CCBoy

Reaction score
Us hillbillies originated in Virginia. Yes, an original state who loves the traditional bird, eagle...and paid in suffering along with the other states. More dying in British jails and prisons than even in battle.

We journeyed over them mountains and took up in what was then called Ketucky. We called that place the 'blue grass' state because we loved it there. We became known as Kentucky Hillbillies.

Guess what happened then? We heard about a little fracase brewing down in Tejas, the Indian tribe Caddo's name for friend.

Guess what happened to us hillbillies then? A guy who had the audacity to call himself 'santa.' He didn't leave a single thing nice or friendly at all. You bet we remembered the Alamo. Then when were deemed low class men and fighters being led by a 'coward' named Sam Houston, we up and kicked their butts and just took our own rewards.

Us hillbillies developed into something we cherished and gave all into from there...being a fan of cowboys and their way of life. That was the start of hillbilly tradition here in Texas.

Now brought all along with this was the sharing of a respectable Thanksgiving meal...with turkey 'served.' Heck, even the buffalo chasing Indians took part in this annual affair.

Well last night, as is tradition, a hillbilly snipe hunt was set up for the usual newbies of our 'clan.'

Hell, Hillbilly songs...'Knock here down again, Pa, knock here down again....make her tell us why, Pa, she was out late last night...then a hillbilly ballad such as There's a hole in the bucket, dear Elisa, dear Elisa, there's a hole in the bucket, dear Elisa my love! Elisa-Then mend it dear Henry, dear Henry, then mend dear Henry dear Henry my love. Well how shall I mend it dear Elisa, dear Elisa, well how shall I mend dear Elisa my love? With muuuuuud dear Henry, dear Henry....with muuuuuud, dear Henry, dear Henry my love. Well how shall I fetch it, dear Elisa, dear Elisa...well how shall I fetch it, dear Elisa my love. With a BUCKET dear Henry dear Henry, with a bucket dear Henry dear Henry my love............There's a hole in the bucket, Elisa my love!

After about an hour of this folklore stuff things were at a fever pitch. Everyone already knew how to catch a turkey, Build a fire under a trash can full of water to remove feathers and skin silk. Everyone already had a pocket knife. All knew that to eviserate a 'turkey' one just needed a small amount of wire to hang the turkey upside down and remove all blood into a holding pan.

The snipe hunt then began with all new hunters already and keyed for the traditional treat...turkey legs!

So, come about Thanksgiving time, and know the real Tray-dish-shun...I just wouldn't be talking about an eagle bird being glorious and strutting one's stuff as a turkey puffing one's chest all out and sounding pffffft....pfffffft....pfffft. 'cause if someone is putting a nasty eye your direction and carrying a pocket knife...if I were you, I'd just run!

This is a Cowboys Tray-dish-shunal day to feast...!
:starspin: :thumbup:
GO COWBOYS!!!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Us hillbillies originated in Virginia. Yes, an original state who loves the traditional bird, eagle...and paid in suffering along with the other states. More dying in British jails and prisons than even in battle.

We journeyed over them mountains and took up in what was then called Ketucky. We called that place the 'blue grass' state because we loved it there. We became known as Kentucky Hillbillies.

Guess what happened then? We heard about a little fracase brewing down in Tejas, the Indian tribe Caddo's name for friend.

Guess what happened to us hillbillies then? A guy who had the audacity to call himself 'santa.' He didn't leave a single thing nice or friendly at all. You bet we remembered the Alamo. Then when were deemed low class men and fighters being led by a 'coward' named Sam Houston, we up and kicked their butts and just took our own rewards.

Us hillbillies developed into something we cherished and gave all into from there...being a fan of cowboys and their way of life. That was the start of hillbilly tradition here in Texas.

Now brought all along with this was the sharing of a respectable Thanksgiving meal...with turkey 'served.' Heck, even the buffalo chasing Indians took part in this annual affair.

Well last night, as is tradition, a hillbilly snipe hunt was set up for the usual newbies of our 'clan.'

Hell, Hillbilly songs...'Knock here down again, Pa, knock here down again....make her tell us why, Pa, she was out late last night...then a hillbilly ballad such as There's a hole in the bucket, dear Elisa, dear Elisa, there's a hole in the bucket, dear Elisa my love! Elisa-Then mend it dear Henry, dear Henry, then mend dear Henry dear Henry my love. Well how shall I mend it dear Elisa, dear Elisa, well how shall I mend dear Elisa my love? With muuuuuud dear Henry, dear Henry....with muuuuuud, dear Henry, dear Henry my love. Well how shall I fetch it, dear Elisa, dear Elisa...well how shall I fetch it, dear Elisa my love. With a BUCKET dear Henry dear Henry, with a bucket dear Henry dear Henry my love............There's a hole in the bucket, Elisa my love!

After about an hour of this folklore stuff things were at a fever pitch. Everyone already knew how to catch a turkey, Build a fire under a trash can full of water to remove feathers and skin silk. Everyone already had a pocket knife. All knew that to eviserate a 'turkey' one just needed a small amount of wire to hang the turkey upside down and remove all blood into a holding pan.

The snipe hunt then began with all new hunters already and keyed for the traditional treat...turkey legs!

So, come about Thanksgiving time, and know the real Tray-dish-shun...I just wouldn't be talking about an eagle bird being glorious and strutting one's stuff as a turkey puffing one's chest all out and sounding pffffft....pfffffft....pfffft. 'cause if someone is putting a nasty eye your direction and carrying a pocket knife...if I were you, I'd just run!

GO COWBOYS!!!
My family typically just makes a turkey, but cool story.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

GO COWBOYS!!!
Semi OT: Have you watched Hatfields and McCoys

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Marriage ended the feude. Relatives, right?
Honestly not sure how the feud actually ended. Most of what I know about is from the miniseries. Not sure exactly how accurate that was. Great watch though