A hypothetical Question? lets say Dallas end up with 5 or 6 wins at the end of the year

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aaah, the "I'm a realist" card.

If after having a bye week to assess their situation and make changes including at QB it ends up in a 4th straight loss for the Cowboys what positive spins will you have for that? How optimistic are you going to be if that happens? I'm not giving up on the team until they're mathematically eliminated I'm just keeping it real about the situation they're in right now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If after having a bye week to assess their situation and make changes including at QB it ends up in a 4th straight loss for the Cowboys what positive spins will you have for that? How optimistic are you going to be if that happens? I'm not giving up on the team until they're mathematically eliminated I'm just keeping it real about the situation they're in right now.

It hasn't happened yet and your post is all about if it happens instead of if the Cowboys beat the Giants and or Seattle. You always take the negative side of everything.

bodi

Reaction score
If they end up with 5 or 6 wins at the end of the year then the year is over and everyone sits. Sounds to me like you're trying to back track from your original suggestion of tanking the season.

PLEASE tell me where I SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TANKING ?

keds

Reaction score
If we're deep in last place near the end of season we've got to play the young guys to see what we have... gotta play Damien Wilson, Chaz Green (if available and healthy), Brice Butler, David Irving, C. Michaels, Byron Jones, Randy Gregory, La'el Collins, Swaim, etc...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It hasn't happened yet and your post is all about if it happens instead of if the Cowboys beat the Giants and or Seattle. You always take the negative side of everything.

The way the Cowboys season is going and with no Romo until at least the 3rd week in November that automatically puts the focus on the consequences the team is facing if the losing continues. A couple of weeks ago we didn't have to go down this road with the team 2-1 and leading the division but with 3 straight losses including a butt whipping last week the Cowboys situation has become dire. The team has become desperate having to bench one backup QB for another who's only been with the team a month. Not even a hopeful optimist like yourself can find a positive side to the Cowboys current situation because I asked you to point one out and you haven't. There's reports the team is considering starting Michael at RB another player they picked up during the season. When you a see team making big changes at QB and RB it points to a team in turmoil. Naturally if the Cowboys beat the Giants and or Seattle it's going to improve their situation winning solves everything but they're going to have to win at least 7 of their last 11 games to have a realistic chance at the playoffs. That's going to be a huge mountain to climb without Romo for several more weeks.

The Cowboys issues are deeper than not having Romo. I said REPEATEDLY prior to the season if there's a significant drop off in the running game the Cowboys won't be near as good a team as they were last season. It's the lack of a consistent running game that contributed to Romo being injured with him on pace for another 40+ attempts when he went down in Philly. He may end up being injured again when he returns if he's continuing to have to carry the offense and has no running game to lean on. You can tell how much Romo has to do by how ineffective the offense was with Weeden at the helm. If you can run the ball consistently you can stay afloat with an average QB but not when you're putting games on the shoulder of your QB every week.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It hasn't happened yet and your post is all about if it happens instead of if the Cowboys beat the Giants and or Seattle.

No, it hasn't happened yet and haven't said it would happen but everyone knows if the team starts stringing some wins together the Cowboys still have a chance to achieve their goals this season. It's pretty easy to gage what will happen if the team starts winning but the winning has to start happening with the Giants. Some here think the Cowboys can lose out until Romo gets back and won't lose another game after that. That's the kind of logic you get on boards like this.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The Cowboys situation just got a little more dire with the Saints winning last night because if NO hangs in and are in position for a wildcard at the end of the season they hold a tiebreaker over us. The Cowboys already have 2 conference losses and to get a wildcard you have to win tiebreakers. Even though we're only 5 games into the season it's become apparent the Cowboys are going to have to win the East to make the playoffs. The Giants who are riding a 3 game winning streak and are up by one game in the division and are looking like the team to beat right now. If they beat Philly and the Cowboys the following week we're going to be in some serious trouble. Regardless what happens between the Giants and Philly the Cowboys have got to get a win vs the Giants or they may end up being in too deep of a hole for Romo to dig them out of when he returns.

They'll be little room for error when he returns if the Cowboys don't get at least a couple of wins during his absence. If Cassel doesn't play well vs the Giants and doesn't provide the spark the team is looking for good luck having him find his stride against the Legion of Doom the following week. Seattle may not be the team they've been the past 2 seasons but they're still a good team and it's going to take a solid 4 quarters on both sides of the ball to beat them. The Cowboys are obviously in the middle of a collapse since Romo went down it's been one loss after another and they've become so desperate they're having to go from one backup QB to another to try and find a spark. They better hope Cassel provides one or this is going to be a very forgettable season. I know everyone is looking for something positive but it's going to take winning some games for anything good to come out of this season.

When someone is half a game out of a wildcard spot with 11 to play, saying Dallas can't get a wild card berth is excessively pessimistic and premature.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When someone is half a game out of a wildcard spot with 11 to play, saying Dallas can't get a wild card berth is excessively pessimistic and premature.

The Cowboys have 11 games left and 8 of them are conference games. With tiebreakers playing a big part in gaining a wildcard birth I see too many potential conference game losses for the Cowboys to stay in the wildcard race.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The Cowboys have 11 games left and 8 of them are conference games. With tiebreakers playing a big part in gaining a wildcard birth I see too many potential conference game losses for the Cowboys to stay in the wildcard race.
Ok. A 2-2 conference record is hardly damning.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ok. A 2-2 conference record is hardly damning.

True, but but one of those conference game losses was to New Orleans so they hold a tiebreaker over the Cowboys if they can hang in the wildcard race. Without Romo until at least the third week in November and with 8 conference games left including the Giants, Seahawks and Packers the Cowboys are going to have to win the division to make the playoffs. That's my opinion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
lets say Dallas end up with 5 or 6 wins

I think Jerry has pretty much laid the ground work

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...-might-be-too-late-to-save-cowboys-season.ece

The 2-3 Cowboys could get Bryant back for their next game, Oct. 25 against the New York Giants. Romo won't return until at least Nov. 22 against the Miami Dolphins.

those are big ifs an buts

like Don Meredith once said, "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas

myself I would sit them both out for the season let the really heal ESP DEZ

go with Cassell and whom ever at WR

last year teams with

5 wins Chicago picked 7 th
6 wins Atlanta picked 8 th
6 wins Giants picked 9 th
6 win Rams the picked 10

it would put us in the range of getting some good players

I am not condoning this just a hypothetical question

Dallas possible mocks with possible trades - I am no expert on the trades so take this tongue in cheek

plus I do not know how many picks we have to trade

What would you do ?

we got two weeks to discuss this so be civil

pick it apart or help it out some

based on CBS

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/all

three scenarios

1 Jared Goff, QB, California - trade up to get him
2 Denontae Book,.RB, Utah
3 Ricky Seals-Jones, WR, Texas A&M or Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers
4 Cyrus Jones. CB, Ala
5 Kevin Byrd, S, Middle Tennessee

1 Jalen Ramsey, S/CB, Florida State - Trade up to get him
2 Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State - Trade up if needed
3 Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech or Kenyan Drake, RB, Ala
4 Mekale McKay, WR, Cincinati

1 Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
2 Hunter Henry, TE, Ark or Vonn Bell, S, Ohio St
3 Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
4 Mekale McKay, WR, Cincinati

If we win 5 games, than no doubt the Garrett lovers will claim that Garrett is still a hall of fame coach in training and he had nothing to do with the bad season. It is unfair to expect poor wittle Garrett to coach his way out of so many injuries like the other coaches do.

Aven8

Reaction score
PLEASE tell me where I SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TANKING ?

Bodi, you rarely lurk in the fanzone, usually to be found in the draftzone. Do you even like football, or do you like the draft more? Serious question.

bodi

Reaction score
I like the gamesl more - id the boys are playing - but am no fool - I learned many yeas ago not to bet on the boys they will rip your heart out

the draft thing just guessing anyway

see ALL THE BRAINIACS ARE IN THE FAN ZONE so I am afraid - lmao - half are probably still drinking KOOL AID

lets see I only have 3 degrees

so I read in there an laugh at some of there stuff because I am terrible at English I know this

see I have a Scientific mind never needed English in any of my carrers

Last edited: