A Letter to NFL GMs - written by Gallimore himself

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jamaican? So is this another weed guy? I thought the Cowboys learned their lesson with David Irving. I don't like the pick. :facepalm: We don't need yet another pothead on the roster.
He’s got a great collection of Peter Tosh records though, and he can make a mean rum punch. Of course, he grew up in Canada, so he’s really more into Molson and hunting moose

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He’s got a great collection of Peter Tosh records though, and he can make a mean rum punch. Of course, he really grew up in Canada, so he drinks Molson and hunts moose
Should I know who Peter Tosh is? I'm not a rum guy so he scores no points with me for his rum punch acumen. I do appreciate some Canadian beers, however, so I'll award 1 point. I'll keep my mind open on this guy and allow him to win me over if that is possible.

Gaede

Reaction score
Should I know who Peter Tosh is? I'm not a rum guy so he scores no points with me for his rum punch acumen. I do appreciate some Canadian beers, however, so I'll award 1 point. I'll keep my mind open on this guy and allow him to win me over if that is possible.

Well, not surprising that someone who assumes a guy with Jamaican parents is invariably a pothead wouldn't know anything about Jamaica and a guy like Peter Tosh

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, not surprising that someone who assumes a guy with Jamaican parents is invariably a pothead wouldn't know anything about Jamaica and a guy like Peter Tosh
What makes you think I know nothing about Jamaica, man? I can know things about Jamaica without knowing who Peter freaking Tosh is. Making assumptions about what I know while accusing me of making assumptions about Jamaica makes you a bit of a hypocrite. :muttley:

Gaede

Reaction score
What makes you think I know nothing about Jamaica, man? I can know things about Jamaica without knowing who Peter freaking Tosh is. Making assumptions about what I know while accusing me of making assumptions about Jamaica makes you a bit of a hypocrite. :muttley:

Good point.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol!!! You're probably hitting the bong right now!!! Attaboy, Joe!!! Puff, puff, pass!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Good point.
I saw "Cool Runnings" once and liked it. One of the guys in my college dorm over 30 years ago was Jamaican. He was well-liked. Kamal Harris has Jamaican heritage. That's about all I know about Jamaica, man.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
If I were, it would be purely for medicinal purposes. I'm not admitting to anything. ;)
The way you've done nothing but run your big mouth about yourself this whole thread, you would think we had drafted you.
Let me guess, Mommy and Daddy didn't give you enough attention as a little boy and now you seek that comfort from total strangers on the internet.
I know your kind...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That letter speaks well for the fact that he went to the trouble of putting it together. :)

If nothing else, it surely reveals a quite intense desire to make a good impression! ;)

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The way you've done nothing but run your big mouth about yourself this whole thread, you would think we had drafted you.
Let me guess, Mommy and Daddy didn't give you enough attention as a little boy and now you seek that comfort from total strangers on the internet.
I know your kind...
And now you have joined in to talk about my favorite subject, me. Tell me, how I got cancer despite quitting smoking several years prior to being diagnosed? How about you tell me why my best buddy had to get shot in Afghanistan and died in my arms? You think you know me so well? Why do I keep trying to have a good attitude despite the crappy world we live in now? You don't know crap about me. An average of 22 veterans commit suicide every day and even far more think about it. You think you know me? No, you don't.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like it, in that it shows he's nothing like Hill. I think Hill stepped in here last year, and was fed a bunch of BS how his college season was the coach's fault, and thought success would just be given to him. Gallimore has a level head and understands how important it is to work.

The pressure is all on Hill now. Sink or swim. No excuses. Work hard or be left behind. Get up or get out.

Between McCoy, Poe, and Gallimore, he'll get plenty of opportunity to see what hard work looks like.

fansince68

Reaction score
Why was Gallimore already in Dallas when the pick was made if he is from Canada?

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Meh. He wrote an open letter. Didn't think there was anything particularly remarkable in it so I don't know why it would swing anyone's opinion of the guy one way or another. I like the pick. Letter didn't do much for me.
The letter is direct, reflects confidence and humility at the same time. Gives his parents the credit, (which children should do, "honor thy mother and father"), and can always improve.

Great letter. C'mon Outlaw, give a little. :laugh: