A look at the criticisms of the Cowboys' strength of schedule...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
The Cowboys' opposition thus far this season has an aggregate 38-43 record (a .470 winning percentage)... which means those opponents are 37-35 in games that were not played against the Dallas Cowboys... meanwhile, the Skins opponents have played to a combined 42-39 record, meaning in games not played against the Skins, they're 38-34... seems the two teams' strength of schedule really hasn't been all that different, most of the discrepancy in overall won-loss records being explained by the Boys' considerably superior record compared to the Skins'...

The Boys have played 5 games against teams that currently have winning records, and are 4-1 in those games... the Skins have played 4 games against teams that currently have winning records, and are 1-3 in those games...

This "creampuff schedule" crapola is what you call an exaggeration of the facts...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
silverbear;1761340 said:
The Cowboys' opposition thus far this season has an aggregate 38-43 record (a .470 winning percentage)... which means those opponents are 37-35 in games that were not played against the Dallas Cowboys... meanwhile, the Skins opponents have played to a combined 42-39 record, meaning in games not played against the Skins, they're 38-34... seems the two teams' strength of schedule really hasn't been all that different, most of the discrepancy in overall won-loss records being explained by the Boys' considerably superior record compared to the Skins'...

The Boys have played 4 games against teams that currently have winning records, and are 3-1 in those games... the Skins have played 4 games against teams that currently have winning records, and are 1-3 in those games...

This "creampuff schedule" crapola is what you call an exaggeration of the facts...

Thats what I posted to that new Troll ....

If you combine the Wins of all the teams the Skins have faced this year .... you get

42 wins

If you combine the Wins of the teams the Cowboys have beaten this year you get

38 wins

You have accounted for 4 of your opponents wins which would give them

38 wins

We have accounted for only one of our opponents wins which would give them

37 Wins

But he Ran away instead of answering it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
We've only played 4 games against teams with winning records.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
You guys should show this to that deadskins fan that's on here talkin smack

or wannabe talkin smack

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Their schedule is tougher. They have to play us twice, while we only have to play them.

The other 2 games difference between the teams ate that we face the Lowly Rams while they face the mighty Cardinals. And we face the lowly Panthers while they face the mighty Buccaneers.

It's unfair to them I tell ya. Totally unfair. The schedule is out to love them without lubrication.

bags

Reaction score
I tried to say the same thing in that thread that was closed, but the dude's numbers were wrong, and he never responded (either never got the chance, was too busy arguing with people, or skipped it).

silverbear

Reaction score
zrinkill;1761342 said:
Thats what I posted to that new Troll ....

If you combine the Wins of all the teams the Skins have faced this year .... you get

42 wins

If you combine the Wins of the teams the Cowboys have beaten this year you get

38 wins

You have accounted for 4 of your opponents wins which would give them

38 wins

We have accounted for only one of our opponents wins which would give them

37 Wins

But he Ran away instead of answering it.

Yeah, I saw that work, and kinda piggybacked off of it... wanted to point out that for such an allegedly "creampuff" schedule, five of the nine Boys' opponents had a better than .500 record... and the Boys went 4-1 against those five teams...

silverbear

Reaction score
theogt;1761345 said:
We've only played 4 games against teams with winning records.

Ooops, right you are... the Pats, the Bills and the Giants twice... we lost to the Pats, won the other three...

Brain cramp on my part...

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile;1761350 said:
Their schedule is tougher. They have to play us twice, while we only have to play them.

Be nice, now... :D

It's unfair to them I tell ya. Totally unfair. The schedule is out to love them without lubrication.

This would never have happened when Tagliabue was runnin' things, but that Goodell, well, everybody knows he's a Cowboys fan...

silverbear

Reaction score
bags;1761353 said:
I tried to say the same thing in that thread that was closed, but the dude's numbers were wrong, and he never responded (either never got the chance, was too busy arguing with people, or skipped it).

I'd still like for him to share with us which Pro Bowls Jansen and Thomas played in, 'cause I can't find them on any rosters over on profootballreference.com...

I think WoodysGirl bailed his butt out by closing that thread, LOL...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The Cowboys and Commanders have had 4 common opponents and have played 5 games each against these opponents.

They are the Dolphins, Eagles, Giants, and Patriots. The Commanders have played the Eagles twice, we have played the Giants twice.

Here's how things fall.

Commanders.

vs. Dolphins (0-9), Won 16-13
@ Eagles (4-5), Won, 20-12
vs. Giants (6-3), Lost 17-24
@ Patriots (9-0), Lost 7-52
vs. Eagles (4-5), Lost-25-33

This is 3 games at home, 2 on the road, a 2-3 record, 85 points scored and 134 points allowed. Their common opponents record is 23-22.

Cowboys.

@ Dolphins (0-9), Won 37-20
@ Eagles (4-5), Won 38-17
vs. Patriots (9-0), Lost 27-48
vs. Giants (6-3), Won 45-35
@ Giants (6-3), Won 31-20

This is 2 games at home, 3 on the road, a 4-1 record, 178 points scored and 140 points allowed. Their common opponents record is 25-20.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Hostile;1761417 said:
The Cowboys and Commanders have had 4 common opponents and have played 5 games each against these opponents.

They are the Dolphins, Eagles, Giants, and Patriots. The Commanders have played the Eagles twice, we have played the Giants twice.

Here's how things fall.

Commanders.

vs. Dolphins (0-9), Won 16-13
@ Eagles (4-5), Won, 20-12
vs. Giants (6-3), Lost 17-24
@ Patriots (9-0), Lost 7-52
vs. Eagles (4-5), Lost-25-33

This is 3 games at home, 2 on the road, a 2-3 record, 85 points scored and 134 points allowed. Their common opponents record is 23-22.

Cowboys.

@ Dolphins (0-9), Won 37-20
@ Eagles (4-5), Won 38-17
vs. Patriots (9-0), Lost 27-48
vs. Giants (6-3), Won 45-35
@ Giants (6-3), Won 31-20

This is 2 games at home, 3 on the road, a 4-1 record, 178 points scored and 140 points allowed. Their common opponents record is 25-20.

this Here sums it up.. 4-1 to 2-3 LOL.. nice job

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
T.O81;1761426 said:
this Here sums it up.. 4-1 to 2-3 LOL.. nice job
Bottom line, we have a better record and have played better common opponents and fared better against them.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Our schedule strength will be hurt because we are playing another poor team this week!.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
This ain't college football. You don't get "style" points, props or dissed for your schedule.
Nobody, and I mean NOBODY knows in July what king of schedule you get. When I saw the "schedule", that Bears game looked like and early season loss. Who would've guessed that Miami would suck so much? The Rams? The Vikings?
Dallas got a "playoff team" schedule; play the NFC North and the AFC East, Carolina, and of course the NFC East twice.
Like I told my "Commander" buddy, who of course bemoaned his team compared to Dallas after the Patriot/Commander game. All that bull **** about how much less Dallas lost by than the Skins, etc, etc.............I told him "it's and "L". PERIOD. In the NFL it's nothing more or nothing less than a loss. It's as big a loss for the Skins that it was for Dallas (unless some 10th tier tie-breaker comes up).
When they start "voting" and going to the computer to see who goes to the NFL "bowl" playoff games, then I'll start wondering about "strength of schedule". "Till then, we're 8-1 in the NFL Tackle Football League.
BTW, in the "bias" conversation: if this were Arizona or Cleveland at 8-1, you wouldn't be hearing any of this "strength of schedule" baloney. But because it's Dallas, they have to come up with an "asterisk***" or two to diminish what's going on. Where's all the "strength of schedule" talk about New England playing in that "power house" division? What about the Colts playing two games a piece with that out-house division?
Predictable garbage media............................

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
silverbear;1761384 said:
I'd still like for him to share with us which Pro Bowls Jansen and Thomas played in, 'cause I can't find them on any rosters over on profootballreference.com...

I think WoodysGirl bailed his butt out by closing that thread, LOL...

Yeah she saved him pretty good. He was ducking my question like Taylor ducking TO this sunday