***A mission of help for all that can Help- KATRINA***

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
I brought a bunch of clothes into work...including 5-6 packs of underwear...did not even realize I had that many unopened packs but I guess when you get so many every year for x-mas it can add up lol.

Anyways was going to let you know that they have shipped a bunch of NOLA evacuees to a NG area in WV so we may just send them to those people as a welcome gift from the State of WV.

Plus I can go up and help deliver them if time permits.
Works for me, Brain. Texas has the greatest need, because we're housing at least a 1/4 million, but it doesn't lessen folks needs in other states. So if you can go local to those who have been sent there, please do.

Things are much more organized now. All the fed and state agencies seem to be working a little more in sync now. Which is a good thing, because this is gonna be a long-term effort, for sure.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl said:
Works for me, Brain. Texas has the greatest need, because we're housing at least a 1/4 million, but it doesn't lessen folks needs in other states. So if you can go local to those who have been sent there, please do.

Things are much more organized now. All the fed and state agencies seem to be working a little more in sync now. Which is a good thing, because this is gonna be a long-term effort, for sure.

Yes I am sure once things get over the initially impact and influx it will go much better.

They had a guy on the news talking about how he could not leave his pet, even though they weren't to bring them on the trip to WV.

He kept the pet in a little carry on bag and he said the dog must have known to be good as she did not make a peep all the way up.

Then he went on to say he may just stay here in WV because it is so beautiful (mountains and trees) and I thought to myself....you say that until winter hits and you are used to that NOLA weather :lmao2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
Yes I am sure once things get over the initially impact and influx it will go much better.

They had a guy on the news talking about how he could not leave his pet, even though they weren't to bring them on the trip to WV.

He kept the pet in a little carry on bag and he said the dog must have known to be good as she did not make a peep all the way up.

Then he went on to say he may just stay here in WV because it is so beautiful (mountains and trees) and I thought to myself....you say that until winter hits and you are used to that NOLA weather :lmao2:
You know. I laugh about that too. Many are saying how nice Houston is and how the H in Houston stands for heart. I was thinking wait til they get a car and try to get on the freeway.
LOL Mofos won't be so nice, then. :lmao:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl said:
You know. I laugh about that too. Many are saying how nice Houston is and how the H in Houston stands for heart. I was thinking wait til they get a car and try to get on the freeway.
LOL Mofos won't be so nice, then. :lmao:

I am going to try and get in touch with the area they are at right now in WV.

At the last count it was 400-500 people moved here. Now if they do not expect more then I may go and send the stuff to you or that place you linked.

Reason being is 400-500 people is not that much and the people of WV will donate many things and it would not take much for that many people.

However if they plan on bringing more up I may send it there.

Just so many things to consider right now and I want it to go to people that need it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's nice to see people doing what they can. There was a local drive here in ABQ that a radio station put together. Asked people to send water. Just drop by at lunch or what ever. They managed to raise something like 14 trailors full of water to send. Local ABF volunteered Rigs and some of the local drivers pitched in their time to drive them out to staging areas in La.

My company asked employees to donate and we matched. Managed to raise 11K.

You see stuff on TV where people are taking advantage but it's this kind of stuff, right here on this thread, that makes me marvel at people. Makes me think that there is hope for all of us.

Just thank you is all you can say about it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something interesting Houston is doing to centralize all the gov't agencies required to assist all the hurricane evacuees.
-----------
RECOVERY

Center will again help storm victims

The Greater Houston Area Disaster Recovery Center will reopen at 8 a.m. today to serve Katrina and Rita victims.

The center, run by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Texas Governor's Division of Emergency Management, closed last Wednesday, after just a day and a half of operation, because of Hurricane Rita's approach. About 90 federal, state, local and volunteer organizations have representatives at the former Auchan Hypermarket at 6059 South Loop East.

Recovery center hours will be 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., seven days a week until further notice. Shuttle service from a parking lot at Reed Road and Texas 288, begins today, said Opal Jackson, FEMA spokeswoman.

Hurricane victims can receive information about housing assistance, grants, low-interest federal loans, education and employment services, food stamps and health and social services at the recovery center. The center also will provide crisis counseling, one-way transportation tickets for victims wishing to relocate and courtesy phone banks. No debit cards or other direct financial assistance are being distributed at the center.

Victims of both hurricanes can apply for aid by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).

BECKY BOWMAN