A modest proposal regarding Cleveland 2008

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
The people who are penciling in Cleveland for a top ten pick next year (if not top 5!) will not be allowed to use the head-banging-into-brick-wall smily after any Cleveland wins next year. I don't think I could take seeing that much head banging. It would be so many heads banging into brick walls that I would be forced to bang my head into a brick wall.

Just saying: I like the trades, I'm not getting my hopes up. Cleveland might actually improve significantly next year.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Anything is possible.

But, rookie QBs rarely have any impact, if they ever do at all.

Left tackles, no matter how good they are, still need to adjust to the speed of the game and almost always get the defenses' best pass rusher (who typically has been playing for years and is very good and could be a star).

Corners, even great ones, get burned without a semblance of a pass rush. Rookie corners typically get burned a few times because of the learning curve.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I just hope they lose every game.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;1476237 said:
The people who are penciling in Cleveland for a top ten pick next year (if not top 5!) will not be allowed to use the head-banging-into-brick-wall smily after any Cleveland wins next year. I don't think I could take seeing that much head banging. It would be so many heads banging into brick walls that I would be forced to bang my head into a brick wall.

Just saying: I like the trades, I'm not getting my hopes up. Cleveland might actually improve significantly next year.

what this:bang2::bang2:

nah wont be needed but thanks :D

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
1 Sun, Sep 9 Pittsburgh Tickets NL 1:00 PM
2 Sun, Sep 16 Cincinnati Tickets NL 1:00 PM
3 Sun, Sep 23 at Oakland Tickets NL 4:05 PM
4 Sun, Sep 30 Baltimore Tickets NL 1:00 PM
5 Sun, Oct 7 at New England Tickets NL 1:00 PM
6 Sun, Oct 14 Miami Tickets NL 1:00 PM
7 BYE WEEK
8 Sun, Oct 28 at St. Louis Tickets NL 1:00 PM
9 Sun, Nov 4 Seattle Tickets NL 4:05 PM
10 Sun, Nov 11 at Pittsburgh Tickets NL 1:00 PM
11 Sun, Nov 18 at Baltimore Tickets NL 1:00 PM
12 Sun, Nov 25 Houston Tickets NL 1:00 PM
13 Sun, Dec 2 at Arizona Tickets NL 4:05 PM
14 Sun, Dec 9 at NY Jets Tickets NL 4:15 PM
15 Sun, Dec 16 Buffalo Tickets NL 1:00 PM
16 Sun, Dec 23 at Cincinnati Tickets NL 1:00 PM
17 Sun, Dec 30 San Francisco Tickets NL 1:00 PM

Considering Cleveland's schedule I would be shocked if this trade doesnt net a top 10 pick next year. They will be lucky to win 5 or 6 games.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
And those who didn't like the trade are free to show their displeasure by boycotting all draft talk next year while the rest of us salivate at the possibilities, and then rejoin us once minicamps start up.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1476390 said:
And those who didn't like the trade are free to show their displeasure by boycotting all draft talk next year while the rest of us salivate at the possibilities, and then rejoin us once minicamps start up.
I like the trade. I'm just not counting my Cleveland chickens before they hatch.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
They are in a tough division.....8-8 would be the best that team could hope for.....which would give Mr. Jones enough ammo to move up!

sago1

Reaction score
Part of our euphoria (sp?) is the strength of the Cleveland schedule which is brutal. So it's not just thinking a top 3 drafting team will suddenly turn it around and go 10-6 or better but it's doing so against one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc;1477365 said:
all I have to say is Buffalo.

Even though Buffalo's record ended up better than we thought, it was still nice picking #11 that year. No matter how you look at it, having 2 first round picks next year is great. And Cleveland is a horrible team. No influx of rookie talent will change that anytime soon.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Lets hope oakland and Detroit actually improve. They may be our main competition next year.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fanfromvirginia;1476237 said:

If they start Quinn, they will actually be WORSE next year, not better. Thats just my opinion but I'm constantly right.