A Must Win Tonight

Aikbach

Reaction score
The Eagles have come back down to earth, regretably Dallas is in the same dire state, with the Giants having punished the lowly Bucs they as of this afternoon (prior to Cowboy game) have a two game lead in the division which makes last week's performance very difficult to stomach all over again. Dallas must win to stay alive in the division race, if Dallas can pull off an identical record to New York when they next meet then the game will have meaning otherwise I fear Dallas will be completely snubbed from the playoff picture.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I'm one of those "EVERY week is a must-win" guys.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Jimz31;1125211 said:
True, but when you already sport three losses before mideseason the margin for error is razor thin.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Philly and Dallas both will be playing for a wildcard spot so both teams have must wins every week.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BlueStar22;1125231 said:
Philly and Dallas both will be playing for a wildcard spot so both teams have must wins every week.

I heard that the RedStinks lost again today...and it's their freaking by week!!

Aikbach

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1125231 said:
It depnds, still alot of football. Right now Chicago and Seattle are the top two seeds and St.Louis and Carolina and New York and Atlanta are the wildcards.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Aikbach;1125216 said:
True, but when you already sport three losses before mideseason the margin for error is razor thin.

I nunderstand that, however, when the players and coaches continually say after each loss "Well, it's early in the year...", sorry, but to me, that means that they could be playing better and it's almost as if they aren't giving 100% every week. If they go in with that thinking....that is a bad thought to have in your head....that it's early in the year and it doesn't matter much.

How many teams every year miss the playoffs by one game....I'd say EVERY team that was on the bubble for making the playoffs. What probably cost them the playoffs? A loss early in the year.

Happened to us last year as well.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Jimz31;1125247 said:
I nunderstand that, however, when the players and coaches continually say after each loss "Well, it's early in the year...", sorry, but to me, that means that they could be playing better and it's almost as if they aren't giving 100% every week. If they go in with that thinking....that is a bad thought to have in your head....that it's early in the year and it doesn't matter much.

How many teams every year miss the playoffs by one game....I'd say EVERY team that was on the bubble for making the playoffs. What probably cost them the playoffs? A loss early in the year.

Happened to us last year as well.

Exactely! If this team wants to grow, it needs to go on the road and beat a quality team, early! This talk about losing an early game is OK because there is still a lot of football left is a loser mentality that can breed losing...

It's like Steve Young said one time, "ever time you make a field goal instead of a TD, you are one more step to losing the game..."

So, if the Cowboys lose this game tonight, I'm thinking that the season is most likely over as far as the playoffs go...

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
5Stars;1125269 said:
It's like Steve Young said one time, "ever time you make a field goal instead of a TD, you are one more step to losing the game..."

I believe that Aikman also said that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Jimz31;1125273 said:
I believe that Aikman also said that.

It makes sense, huh? I remember Steve Young saying it because he is from Utah (not that means anything), but, that is how I remember him saying that also...

No...every game is meaningful game, from the 1st to the last...

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
5Stars;1125240 said:
I heard that the RedStinks lost again today...and it's their freaking by week!!

The Commanders lose every week they try to convince themselves that burgandy and gold look good together. When the Commanders take the feild, I'm reminded of a kids pizza party where everyone got sick.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Jimz31;1125211 said:

haha yea. i find myself saying if we dont win this the season is over about 6 times a year :lmao: