A part of me died today

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tomson75;2767685 said:
8 months cigarette-free yesterday. Feels amazing. Can't believe I smoked that crap for 12 years.

Nobody likes quitters.;)

Congrats on quitting. I think I will be giving it a go sometime this year.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2767662 said:
Back then I didn't appreciate brunettes like I do know. :laugh2:
lol, that's funny, I used to be all about blondes too

guess it's a juvenille thing

tomson75;2767685 said:
8 months cigarette-free yesterday. Feels amazing. Can't believe I smoked that crap for 12 years.

congrats man, I haven't been a heavy smoker in quite some time, but I do tend to binge on cigarettes at parties/when drunk (mostly bumming them off of everyone...multiple times)

I'm trying to completely stop that

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2767696 said:
lol, that's funny, I used to be all about blondes too

guess it's a juvenille thing

congrats man, I haven't been a heavy smoker in quite some time, but I do tend to binge on cigarettes at parties/when drunk (mostly bumming them off of everyone...multiple times)

I'm trying to completely stop that

That's probably why I never started. I have never been a drinker or partier.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tomson75;2767685 said:

October 1st, 2001 was the last time I smoked. I gained 25lbs in about 2 months time after I had quit. Of course, I was a skinny rail at only 155lbs when I had quit. I smoked for over 15 years, and I don't think I will ever be able to take a full breath of air ever again. :(

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
nyc;2767734 said:
October 1st, 2001 was the last time I smoked. I gained 25lbs in about 2 months time after I had quit. Of course, I was a skinny rail at only 155lbs when I had quit. I smoked for over 15 years, and I don't think I will ever be able to take a full breath of air ever again. :(

In NYC that's more dangerous than smoking :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2767915 said:
In NYC that's more dangerous than smoking :laugh2:

I find Dallas smog to be several times worse than NYC.

Though, there isn't much worse than the BO from some of those people that ride the subway! :puke:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
nyc;2767734 said:

Seriously? That sucks. I only smoked for 12 years, but I feel like I have a brand new pair of lungs already. I haven't hacked anything up in months (used to be a morning ritual), and I've started running and exercising again. Now its my knees holding me back rather than my inability to breathe.

It's good that you quit anyway....you might not ever be able to prove it, but I bet you've added years to your life.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
nyc;2767922 said:
I find Dallas smog to be several times worse than NYC.

Though, there isn't much worse than the BO from some of those people that ride the subway! :puke:

I don't live in Dallas so it doesn't bother me. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
tomson75;2767925 said:
Seriously? That sucks. I only smoked for 12 years, but I feel like I have a brand new pair of lungs already. I haven't hacked anything up in months (used to be a morning ritual), and I've started running and exercising again. Now its my knees holding me back rather than my inability to breathe.

It's good that you quit anyway....you might not ever be able to prove it, but I bet you've added years to your life.

Too bad it's the crappy ones at the end instead of when you could enjoy them. :laugh2:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2767930 said:
Too bad it's the crappy ones at the end instead of when you could enjoy them. :laugh2:

Lmao....I've always pictured myself going out in my own way. I plan on fishing as much as possible when and if I ever get to retire....and one of those times, when I think I've had enough....I'm just going to throw myself over the side of my boat and take a wet nap. Let the fish get their revenge...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tomson75;2767925 said:

Yes, I've done a lot of stuff it my life that I'm happy about, but quiting smoking was far in away the best thing I've ever done.

The odd things about is this. I used to get sick about once every two years, though it took six plus months to get the chest congestion to go away afterwards. Now, I get sick 2-3 times a year, but the chest congestion only last about three months. (better, but still longer than it should take)

Within a month after I quit, I got a lung infection. It was extremely painful and felt like my lungs were collapsing. I couldn't move. I was stuck in the bed for about four straight days. The doctor said that it probably occurred because my lungs were in shock because there weren't being blasted with smoke anymore.

It took me about 10 years before I was able to successfully kick the habit. Anyway, as I said. It was be far the best thing I ever did, and I seriously doubt that will ever change.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
nyc;2767944 said:
Yes, I've done a lot of stuff it my life that I'm happy about, but quiting smoking was far in away the best thing I've ever done.

The odd things about is this. I used to get sick about once every two years, though it took six plus months to get the chest congestion to go away afterwards. Now, I get sick 2-3 times a year, but the chest congestion only last about three months. (better, but still longer than it should take)

Within a month after I quit, I got a lung infection. It was extremely painful and felt like my lungs were collapsing. I couldn't move. I was stuck in the bed for about four straight days. The doctor said that it probably occurred because my lungs were in shock because there weren't being blasted with smoke anymore.

It took me about 10 years before I was able to successfully kick the habit. Anyway, as I said. It was be far the best thing I ever did, and I seriously doubt that will ever change.

Sounds familiar.

I used to get sick like clockwork anytime there was a seasonal change, spent months out of every year feeling like crap. My experience quitting wasn't as bad as yours, but it did get worse before it got better.

I haven't been sick since I quit. Not even a cold.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tomson75;2767954 said:
Sounds familiar.

I used to get sick like clockwork anytime there was a seasonal change, spent months out of every year feeling like crap. My experience quitting wasn't as bad as yours, but it did get worse before it got better.

I haven't been sick since I quit. Not even a cold.

Did you gain any weight immediately following?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2767950 said:
damn, I was a mild smoker compared to you guys

I smoked a pack a day when I wasn't drinking. Two packs when I was. That was the hardest part about quitting... the habits. Smoking when I had a beer in my hands was ritual....as it was when I got in my car...and after I ate. It was pretty disgusting. I have a lot of friends that still smoke, and they smell like **** to me now. I have to distance myself from them when they're zogging.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
nyc;2767962 said:
Did you gain any weight immediately following?

I started to. Not much, 10 lbs or so, but I've been exercising a ton recently, and I'm actually lighter now than I have been in years. I weighed 215 or so 6 months ago. I'm at 190 now.

My old man smoked until he was about 40. He still had a sixpack gut....he quit smoking, and he blew up. Gained about 30lbs.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2767634 said:
I was a Cheryl Ladd fan.

Me too!

I had this poster on my wall.

12146940.jpg