A Pats writer mentioned these three as small school talent

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
"Is there any player out there who has caught your eyes from the smaller schools? I remember Gil Brandt was a genius at doing this. Not always going to the big schools for talent. Thanks.
Bob Sulik

Well Bob, I’m no Gil Brandt but one guy I really like is New Mexico receiver Hank Baskett. He was very productive for a team that ran the ball most of the time, eclipsing 1,000 yards receiving on 67 receptions as a senior. The other thing I really like about Baskett is he’s physical. Playing in a run-first offense, he became a very good blocker. Baskett said at the Combine he was proud of his blocking skills and at 6-3, he’s a good red zone target.

Two other guys to watch out for are Chris Gocong – an undersized pass rusher from Cal Poly and Danieal Manning – a big, fast corner from Abilene Christian. Both players were extremely productive at the small school level, especially Gocong who finished his career with 42 sacks. At 6-3, 260, Gocong will probably end up as a 3-4 edge rusher in the NFL.
-Tom Casale"

The Pats have been real good with scouting players recently so I thought I would bring these here and see what you guys thought. Where will they fit in the draft?

Woods

Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan said:
"Is there any player out there who has caught your eyes from the smaller schools? I remember Gil Brandt was a genius at doing this. Not always going to the big schools for talent. Thanks.
Bob Sulik

Well Bob, I’m no Gil Brandt but one guy I really like is New Mexico receiver Hank Baskett. He was very productive for a team that ran the ball most of the time, eclipsing 1,000 yards receiving on 67 receptions as a senior. The other thing I really like about Baskett is he’s physical. Playing in a run-first offense, he became a very good blocker. Baskett said at the Combine he was proud of his blocking skills and at 6-3, he’s a good red zone target.

Two other guys to watch out for are Chris Gocong – an undersized pass rusher from Cal Poly and Danieal Manning – a big, fast corner from Abilene Christian. Both players were extremely productive at the small school level, especially Gocong who finished his career with 42 sacks. At 6-3, 260, Gocong will probably end up as a 3-4 edge rusher in the NFL.
-Tom Casale"

The Pats have been real good with scouting players recently so I thought I would bring these here and see what you guys thought. Where will they fit in the draft?

I would imagine all 3 are on the Cowboy's radar.

As for Manning, it seems he has the physical ability to play Safety as well as CB. And he's good good speed. I think he could go in the 4-5th round.

We all know about Gocong. The Cowboys might have had him in for a visit (or he's coming in). I don't remember which. Again, I think he's probably a 4-5 rounder.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Well I read a Cowboys writer postulating that Henry or Reeves might get some reps at FS and that Jerry wasn't inclined to go with a first or second rounder on a FS based on the quality available. Or so he was quoted as saying. Good morning Woods. (%

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Woods said:
As for Manning, it seems he has the physical ability to play Safety as well as CB.

Manning actually did play some S in college, he's also reported to be an amazing punt returner

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Manning is one of my favorite players in the draft. Gosselin was talking him up as a sleeper last Fall. I think we are targeting him at FS because of the bonus he brings as a return man.

Good Article/scouting report:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=5419

Interesting combine interview where Manning comes across very well and tells a room full of reporters from across the nation how Dallas is the team he wants to play for
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609&videoID=1173