A Plus Pretenders

Blitzen

Reaction score
It is the truth. You read this place many times.
No one is capable of producing like that-it’s a hyperbolic lie for epic effect. Not sure why you can’t just say you are frustrated with many fans expressing lots of negative views-and not offering more optimism or hope.

shabazz

Reaction score
Bro-we are all following the same team. Just because we emphasize the shortcomings of the team does not make us negative all the time.

A team that tells its fans that it cares nothing about playoff success is something pretty toxic (and they tell it with their actions-the most important communicator). That’s all I’m saying-take it easy and don’t act like anything we say here is epic.
For the small handful of Pollyanna fans among us, ANY critique of anything Cowboys is categorized as "Constant Complaining"

They've painted themselves into a corner where they can never be honest about the team and criticize anything about them......which leaves them only one other option, which is to criticize our own fans.

It's just where they are at this point.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, and the ultimate goal stays the same. When we fans describe what we would prefer the team to do-its not coming from some place that actually believes one fan can decide anything significant.

Posting is all just for fantasy and time wasting.

I don’t follow because I believe that Dallas has a chance at the prize. I’m sorry if you are so deluded to believe Dallas has been fully capable to win it all only to fall short of even reaching the final four going on three decades. I follow because I still get some level of entertainment from the games and enjoy the distraction and reason for gatherings.
You admit you are a biased participant in observing and discussion. I don't have your limitations on honesty. Nor do I first insult you on the basis of your attachment of that bias.

Right now, you are condemning and insulting without analysis beyond your self serving blame...

On top of that, now the Cowboys are in the process of hiring a new defensive general, so to speak, and news coming out of the Super Bowl week in Las Vegas has the Cowboys zeroing in on former Cowboys long-time assistant and defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, who would be a great hire for what the Cowboys need. But that is the first contract they need signed, still working as of Friday afternoon to finish dotting the i's and crossing the t's before getting into personnel decisions.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-time-to-look-at-cowboys-holistically

Here you substitute the real sequence of events, and more importantly, what is happening in reality.

This is what actually is relevant in following the Cowboys and their true potential.

Blaming and then tossing insult really isn't the real deal. It is a convenience and a less than valid approach to sharing true insights.

1. Mike Zimmer is a very important piece in improving the Cowboys...not blaming Jerry or using solely a numerical 30 without a vain inspired demeaning stereotype of unjustified insult instead.

2. Establishing a solid foundation to further develop the Dallas defense is at this cruxt. He has to be able to build his three to four year direction in this process. Oh, Jerry has enough cash flow to pull this off. That said, the Cowboys have to team build with organizational inntegrities. This has to both work and forge strength as the franchise continues it's struggles to be the very top in the NFL.

3. Failure is not the basis for observing and seeing what is really change...but seeing what are the real and true elements that can point direction.

This problem and cap flow issues can be forged with what is in organization and worked from there.

Direction as to leadership and functional change elements are being put together here, first.

CCBoy

Reaction score
For the small handful of Pollyanna fans among us, ANY critique of anything Cowboys is categorized as "Constant Complaining"

They've painted themselves into a corner where they can never be honest about the team and criticize anything about them......which leaves them only one other option, which is to criticize our own fans.

It's just where they are at this point.
Not ALL...

rags747

Reaction score
If some fans only care about this, then they are fair weather fans if they can't enjoy how the season unfolds. And the excitement of possibly making the playoffs.
They whine 364 days a year waiting for that one game on the 365th day.

And this goes for all sports. But those fans only seem to exist on here. Look at all sports pro and college, and see stadiums and arenas filled on every broadcast, or at least the majority except some lower level colleges.

Those fans enjoy the games and the ride to possible playoffs. Enjoy the season as it unfolds. Yes criticize but it does not need to be Debbie downer 24/7/365.
In other words enjoy the hunt, the ride, the journey. Could not agree more!

shabazz

Reaction score
Not ALL...
There are exceptions......but very few of them

And for the record, I respect their right to protect and defend all things Cowboys. I'd hate to see groupthink ever take this place over.

If they want to criticize our fans instead of the dysfunctional team, I'm just fine with it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
There are exceptions......but very few of them

And for the record, I respect their right to protect and defend all things Cowboys. I'd hate to see groupthink ever take this place over.

If they want to criticize our fans instead of the dysfunctional team, I'm just fine with it.
That's why there should be little surprise the Cowboys had a 4-5 record in games against teams finishing with a winning record, beating the Rams (10-7), Seahawks (9-8), Eagles (11-6) and Lions (12-5) and losing to the 49ers (12-5), Eagles (11-6), Bills (11-6), Dolphins (11-6) and Packers (9-8).

And when it came to facing payoffs teams, the Cowboys went 3-5.

Defencing the run and running the ball is still the part that needs to improve without down grading the rest of the team.

Zimmer with his influence and a running back should change momentum changes over the next two seasons.

shabazz

Reaction score
That's why there should be little surprise the Cowboys had a 4-5 record in games against teams finishing with a winning record, beating the Rams (10-7), Seahawks (9-8), Eagles (11-6) and Lions (12-5) and losing to the 49ers (12-5), Eagles (11-6), Bills (11-6), Dolphins (11-6) and Packers (9-8).

And when it came to facing payoffs teams, the Cowboys went 3-5.

Defencing the run and running the ball is still the part that needs to improve without down grading the rest of the team.

Zimmer with his influence and a running back should change momentum changes over the next two seasons.
CC, there are so many holes to fill AND the players divisiveness and infighting just don't give me much hope.

I'm seriously looking forward to a new HC that can change the attitude here but as far as getting the right players, the same dude is still shopping for the groceries.

The old adage of " hitting rock bottom and admitting failure before redemption " may apply here.

I'll still be rooting for them either way......and critiquing when applicable

CCBoy

Reaction score
CC, there are so many holes to fill AND the players divisiveness and infighting just don't give me much hope.

I'm seriously looking forward to a new HC that can change the attitude here but as far as getting the right players, the same dude is still shopping for the groceries.

The old adage of " hitting rock bottom and admitting failure before redemption " may apply here.

I'll still be rooting for them either way......and critiquing when applicable
Whether we wanted it or not, change happened. And looking at all the options the team had, the Cowboys appear to have made the right choice. Hiring a seasoned veteran coach with an impressive track record like Zimmer seems like the best decision they could’ve made. Not only does he have a history with the Joneses since he was with the Cowboys staff from 1994 to 2006, but his résumé only got better after he left.

Since departing Dallas, Zimmer has had success in improving defenses in Cincinnati and Minnesota. Since 2000, his defenses have finished inside the top 10 in both points and yards allowed eight times, and seven of those times have occurred since 2009. Rest assured, his track record is pretty good.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...inator-changes-linebacker-safety-tackle-stats