CFZ A precarious predicament at the moment

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Of course, any fan wants the #1 seed, but there is only 1 team getting a bye. Frankly, the bye week in the playoffs has been brutal to us in recent history. Just make the playoffs. Just go in hot and on a roll. We are either good enough or we aren’t. There’s a good chance we play at least two of those teams even if we win the division, but don’t get the #1 seed.

I‘ll root hard like everyone else, but just make the playoffs. Running the playoff gauntlet or even part of it would be sweet to me.
Yep, the #1 seed would be great, but I want to see us peaking and rolling going into the playoffs. What happened earlier in the season is not going to matter as much as how we look going into the playoffs. Get healthy, stay healthy and keep working on improving.

The team looks better now than they did early in the season, the playcalling is better, passing game has improved, Fergy emerging, Gallup making catches again, Cooks getting more looks, DaRon breaking out, a kicker that we can rely on. Keep working on the run game, get the run blocking worked out, we still have time to hammer out the inconsistencies.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
The Cowboys are not catching Philly. At most they lose two more games. Cowboys are going to lose three or four more.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys take the division, but not before the zone hits another down cycle with an upcoming loss and saying the season is over.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Our front office doesn't build us to win big games they build us to stay relevant.

They don't go all in and free agency or at the trade deadline and push all the chips to the table acquiring talent to try and get us over the top.

They stand Pat with who we have and we make the playoffs and stay relevant and that's how they choose to run a football team.

At this point I've chosen to lower my expectations and avoid disappointment always hoping for the best and that luck May take us over the top but I'm not holding my breath waiting

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
And some morons here said that the Philly game was not a must win.....just think the position they would be in had they won.

It's an uphill climb now, with lots of wishing and hoping in between. So we shall see.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
none of Seattle, Miami, Buffalo, Phillly or Detroit are scary. Could we lose some of those games? Sure..... we could also win every one of them. Miami has a damn tough game against avg Raiders..... and nothing is said. We blow out those teams and its... well we arent playing anyone.

SEattle just lost to the sorry Rams team we crushed... even though I know the Rams are nobody, right?

Whats Buffalo???? 6-4, 5-5?
Detroit lucked out against a sorry Bears team yesterday and all anyone is saying is how hard they fought, never gave up, played hard for their coach. Hell, If Dallas had to luck out like that against the Bears it would be see.... same old Cowboys.

It is hilarious to me how the narrative is so different for the entire league vs the Cowboys.

Like I said, none of those teams are scary... NONE.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Our front office doesn't build us to win big games they build us to stay relevant.

They don't go all in and free agency or at the trade deadline and push all the chips to the table acquiring talent to try and get us over the top.

They stand Pat with who we have and we make the playoffs and stay relevant and that's how they choose to run a football team.

At this point I've chosen to lower my expectations and avoid disappointment always hoping for the best and that luck May take us over the top but I'm not holding my breath waiting
avoid disappointment? bahahahhahaha, what a load of crap.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Hey, I enjoy watching these regular season blowouts, too. They're always good times!

The truth is, things don't look all that great at the moment. Not trying to be a curmudgeon, just looking at the reality of situation.

We must admit, this is all just par for the course. Dallas has been doing this for most of two decades, just slapping run-of-the-mill teams around during the regular season and getting heaps of praise from everywhere. Same old song a dance, version 2023.

You can virtually count the really big wins on one hand. At Seattle, a couple of Pittsburgh games, at Indy against Peyton, a couple of Saints games, perhaps. But for the most part, it's just handling business against rag-tag teams that don't mean much of anything in the grand scheme. This Cowboys team has failed to win a big game against a contending team in a long time.

Yes, of course, you have to win these games against losing teams and rack up wins; otherwise, you never get your chance to in January. Fair enough, and it's good to be on a roll of good play in this stretch. But really good teams don't give these games much thought outside of a good time on Sunday in the fall. They're just necessary steps to the real season later on. Ask Emmitt, Troy, Roger, and Drew about that.

Philly has all the tie-breakers because the Cowboys' losses are against NFC teams. KC could provide some help tonight, but I think the Eagles win that game against the struggling Chiefs, who are lucky not to be .500. The Eagles have two tough games these next two weeks, but finish with a cakewalk at the end while we play our toughest stretch against Seattle, Philly, Miami, Buffalo, and Detroit.

Dallas likely has to win at least 6 of their last 8 to even have a chance to pass Philly, whose bad loss was to an AFC team unlike our loss to Arizona. Again, can't just catch them; Dallas has to pass them. Injuries aside, of course, as is the caveat of any football season.

A wild card means a three-game road trip as the No. 5 seed against Detroit, San Francisco, and Philadelphia. Recent history doesn't give great feels about that.

Go Chiefs and 49ers these next two weeks. We'll see.
I don’t think Detroit is good enough but I wouldn’t mind being the 5th seed and have to play Atlanta or Saints in a dome on Wild Card weekend. Then have to play in top seeded the following week as it will be another dome game.

You need to enjoy the games. We have a good team that can beat anyone. If you just worry about the playoffs you are missing the point.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Just enjoy the ride…if we fall short we fall short nothing that we as fans can do about it. I enjoy 3 hours on a Sunday escaping from reality and watching my team play football. Of course I want a super bowl but the cowboys are also on the cusp of 3 straight double digit winning seasons….this is much better than the 8-8’s of the past.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Just enjoy the ride…if we fall short we fall short nothing that we as fans can do about it. I enjoy 3 hours on a Sunday escaping from reality and watching my team play football. Of course I want a super bowl but the cowboys are also on the cusp of 3 straight double digit winning seasons….this is much better than the 8-8’s of the past.
you know what.... my wife is trying to land Philly game tix from work. My daughter and I booked flights for Dallas for that weekend yesterday. But after reading the OP... he may be right. I should just cancel my flights and say screw it. Ill stay home since we know we are just pretenders.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
you know what.... my wife is trying to land Philly game tix from work. My daughter and I booked flights for Dallas for that weekend yesterday. But after reading the OP... he may be right. I should just cancel my flights and say screw it. Ill stay home since we know we are just pretenders.

Lol

ESisback

Reaction score
When both teams are legit contenders and playing for something truly meaningful, then it's a measuring stick game.

Dallas continues to fail in these games badly every time.

Until that changes, this is all just table dressing.
Most teams would LOVE to be in their shoes.

Personally, I tend to stay away from things that make me unhappy.