A Project

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score
**Mods, I know this belongs in the Tech Zone, but could you leave it here for a while so people see it.***

As some of you know, I've been taking a couple of people each week to watch the game via internet rebroadcast. After last weeks game, my PM's were full with requests to watch. If I take anymore than two or three people, the broadcast suffers due to bandwidth issues.

This got me to thing that some other zoners might be setup to do the same thing. If we get two or three more people, we might be able to give more zoners access to watch the game that otherwisw would not.

So, if the following applies to you, reply to this thread, and I will PM you with the details. We will get everyone who wants to try setup. I'll post in the Tech Zone, everything else to follow on this subject.

Here is what you need....

1. A Broadband connection w/at least 128kb upload.
2. A TV tuner card.
3. NFL Sunday Ticket.

Once again, if you are interested, reply to this thread, and I'll PM you with all the details. Hopefully, we can get this going to help out a few more members.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Not to rain on any parades, but is this legal ?

Tex

Reaction score
If he was charging money it might piss someone off. If one guy is sharing the game with one or two buddies for free I really don't see how anyone is gonna get their panties all in a knot.

Tex

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Jarv said:

only if he was charging money to watch the game, whihc infringes on the copyright the NFL has. As lone as he's not, it's justlike have the guys over to watch the game on a big screen. NO big deal

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
It seems to me as I've pointed out before it would not be legal even if he's not making a profitt. heres why.

1. He's broadcasting it via the internet to out of markett areas. The argument its just like having the buddies over to watch the game. one word Napster. Just like trading songs with your buddy but the courts disagreed. And Napster wasn't making money from the ones downloading the songs so you can't say you have to make money.

2.If someone from an out of markett area watches his "broadcast" of it DTV could say they lost money by him doing it by keeping people who may purchase sunday tickett from having to with his free broadcast. I don't think he so much needs to make money that the NFL and DTV need to show it infringed on them making money even if all people who watched his broadcast said they never had any intention to get DTV or the sunday tickett. If I where the NFL or DTV I'd say of course you wouldn't your getting it for free thru an illegal broadcast.

To clarify he is Rebroadcasting it and we have all heard the warning at the end of each broadcast.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Its not legal but I can't imagine how this could be tracked

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
what if it was the local broadcast (to include commercials)?

jksmith269

Reaction score
Nors said:
Its not legal but I can't imagine how this could be tracked
All someone would have to do is get him to let them watch it thru his broadcast then they could track it. I know with my AV software I'm able to track when someone pings my PC and I'm sure the FBI would be involved in any investigation and would be all over it.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I would assume it's not illegal if he broadcasts it to a limited set of people. If he broadcasts it to an unlimited amount of people, meaning anyone and everyone is allowed to connect, then it would be.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
With Naptser, Limewire, etc, its open to everyone and anyone who wants to see it. He's offering it to only a couple people each week. You've got to be kidding me, the FBI doesn't care if 2-3 football friends watch a game over the internet together.

jksmith269

Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
With Naptser, Limewire, etc, its open to everyone and anyone who wants to see it. He's offering it to only a couple people each week. You've got to be kidding me, the FBI doesn't care if 2-3 football friends watch a game over the internet together.
I doubt they do either but If an NFL rep, or DTV rep where to some how to visit this site and see the original post where he is looking for more people set up like him to include more and more people that may open their eyes and try to put a stop to it before it gets going....

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score
Is it illegal? Probably yes, but then so are all the highlight videos, game clips and torrents that are posted around here. As someone mentioned earlier EVERYONE that watches football has heard the disclaimer at the end of the game about this game is is the property of the NFL, and unauthorized rebroadcast is prohibited. Now the question is would they care if they knew. My guess is probably not. It wouldn't be worth the effort to stop 2 extra people from watching the game. Heck, it wouldn't be worth the effort if we had 4 other people doing with me which would equate to about 10 extra people watching the game. Besides, if the powers that be get wind of this, I'm sure the first course of action would be an e-mail or phone call teling me to cease and disist. In which case I would.

Hiero

Reaction score
Jarv said:
wow why even mention that? let people watch their boys game in peace. :bang2:

VirusX

Reaction score
No, its not legal due to change of possession... But! who cares? We are in no way making a profit doing it. I think the current laws are stupid when it comes to this. So, download your game and enjoy it..

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score
BTW, for everyone PMing me, I have the two viewers for this week. Hopefully, I can get a couple of you on next week. Apologies to those I couldn't acomodate.

AceofSpades

Reaction score
Don't they also say any descriptions and accounts of the game are prohibited.

Looks like we gotta shut down this site now.

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
Jeez guys!!

Let the guys get on with watching the game!

I doubt very much the NFL are going to be crying about a couple of chaps getting free viewing that would otherwise not.

Hope the game is as good as we all expect.

(Seems to be following the usual pattern of smach-mouth conservatism so far!)