A question for out-of-state Cowboys fans

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm trying to go to a Cowboys game in Texas this year. Never been to one before. I live in New Jersey. I've seen the 'boys play at Giants Stadium many times. Anyway, if anyone knows where I could get some game ticket packages, like airfare, hotel, and tickets in one shot, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ghazi - WittenOwnsYou82

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Priceline a hotel and a car. (if you want/need a car) You can stay at the Westin (4 star hotel) north of the airport with a $55 offer usually. Considering what the other 4 star hotels run ($180 and up) It's the best deal around and it's not far from the airport or Texas Statium. (both off hwy 114). As for the airfare, check every place you can. Expedia, AA.com, we've been getting several deals on delta.com as I've visited Dallas three times in the last 2 months. We've flown out of La Gaurdia all three times. I'm sure Newark is your closest (if you're near NYC), but Newark is the worst airport if you ask me. Delay central. As for tickets you can get them on Ebay or even direct (if it's not soldout yet) If you do the Ebay thing, make sure they are 98% or better in positive ratings and have at least upper hundreds of ratings. Don't acceptt anything less that 500+ ratings I would say...

fweegy

Reaction score
Dude,
I also am from NJ, I go every year with a buddy of mine, we have got it down to a routine. I get my air and hotel from Yahoo Travel. We stay at a Super 8 motel roughly 8 miles from the stadium and like 3 from the airport. We rent a car so we have wheels. I get my tix either from E-Bay, or Stub hub. If you do it, spring for the blue parking pass, park near the Corral and get there bout 9 AM for a 12 noon day. It's a freaking hoot. PM me if you want to talk more bout it, we Jersians gotta stick together.

Yellow Lab

Reaction score
Hey man,
I'm from Southern NJ (Winslow Twp.), and work in center city Philly. I have flown down there (Dallas/Ft. Worth) many times for long weekends, and been to 6-7 games there. The advice that "NYC" gave is the same that I'd offer, that is, definetly Priceline for your hotel (check going rates on hotels.com first, then bid on Priceline much lower) You should be able to get a nice hotl for around half of what you'd pay w/o using Priceline! For car rental, I check travelocity first, to again see what the "going rate" is, and sometimes just reserve one from travelocity, if I like their prices ($15-$20 per day). If you think they are high, then use Priceline to get your rental car, too. Be careful using Priceline to get your airline ticket, though... You might be able to save, but you have to be real flexible, since they'll buy you a ticket on the days you want to travel, but you have no say as to the hour of the day (they might get you a ticket for a 4:00 AM flight!). Try to get your airline ticket via Travelocity or Expedia... Good luck. Hey, by the way, try to check out the Fort Worth Stockyards (Main Street & Exchange Ave.) if you have time when you're down there... Very cool (old west) area!

rgcowboys

Reaction score
I live in Willingboro and I had to take my 5 year old son to a game 2 years ago. Since I wanted it to be special I took the Cowboy touchdown travel club. You stay in the same hotels with the players and get alot of autographs. Here is the link http://www.cowboy-travel.com/

Now you pay more for this, but it was nice. He wants to go this year, so I will have to figure out which way I am going to do it. The Cowboys stay in Dallas/Ft.Worth Airport Marriott.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
there are lots of good packages but i like to do it myself b/c it's cheaper.

i bought tickets online already, and like other posters said, do the flight and hotel through any of the travel services out there, and you should get pretty decent deals.

as for meeting players...you don't need a package deal for that...just go to the team hotel the night before the game...they are everywhere.

the whole thing is easier than you might imagine.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fweegy said:
Dude,
I also am from NJ, I go every year with a buddy of mine, we have got it down to a routine. I get my air and hotel from Yahoo Travel. We stay at a Super 8 motel roughly 8 miles from the stadium and like 3 from the airport. We rent a car so we have wheels. I get my tix either from E-Bay, or Stub hub. If you do it, spring for the blue parking pass, park near the Corral and get there bout 9 AM for a 12 noon day. It's a freaking hoot. PM me if you want to talk more bout it, we Jersians gotta stick together.

If you can, get your rental car off site of the DFW aiport, it can be cheaper. With all the aiport fees, taxes and such can add quite a few $$$ per day on it.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Also from Jersey. Fair Lawn...
In the North - next to Paramus.

You know Paramus - the Indian word for Shopping Mall.

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
Right by ya. Elmwood Park. The next town over.

Thanks guys for all your help.

es22

Reaction score
For tickets, go through the scalper route.

You can pretty much get tickets and they are cheaper than ebay or stub hub.

MONT17

Reaction score
when I go to Texas Stadium I drive from Vegas and buy my Tickets in the Lot... but the reason for my reply is u have the best screen name I have seen in a while!!!

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
Thanks. But as for the scapler thing, I did that. And trust me, it can be really expensive. I'm looking at Cowboys @ Giants tix right now and on eBay they're some auctions for $200 for 2 lower level tickets. I paid $200 for 2 upper level tix outside of Giants Stadium and that was after talking the guy down from $150 per ticket. Granted both teams were 8-4 I think and going for 1st place in the division. But still. Tickets are cheaper if you get them now. And no, I didn't get taken, that was the going rate. Almost no one was selling tickets and the people that were wanted $200-$300 per ticket.