A Rambling Postgame Review

cowboyz

Reaction score
Wade was right the better team lost, the penalties beat the cowboys. this game had everything in the season rolled into one. it had it all. except the romo magic at the end. and a healthy TO able to break the coverage deep.

you had MB3 running hard, you had jason witten being the security blanket. crayton making an amazing catch. romo doing his favre impression. ware with the sack and run stuffing. mcbriar with his 2yd line punt. crayton with the fair catch. the oline with great pass protection at times. bigg punishing people. terry glenn with a nifty side step. the cowboys beating 1st down and forever. flozell false start. poor special teams coverage. reeves being targetted. roy playing weak. henry playing off. 3rd down offense. bad zone defense.

the crayton big drop play reminded me of the green bay game where dallas was deep in it's own territory and had a 3rd and 20+ but converted and went on to score and put the game away. this could've been that drive to put the ball game way. instead they punt, miss special teams tackles and the giants score a td.

pass protection actually wasn't that bad as i initially thought. but it all started when the giants just said screw it and sent the house. this was right after they got the go ahead td. and dallas just didn't adjust. they didn't cut short their routes. romo should've quick snapped it. and they never had an dumpoff option or did a screen play. it was basically the same gameplan in game 2 vs the giants. except in that game TO was healthy and just ran through the secondary and the pass protection held.

the killer though was the grounding penalty. this was the 2nd to last drive, began at the 42 after crayton muffed the punt with 7 mins left. dallas got through all the sacks and penalties, then the hands to the face on TO they ended up at the 50 yd line with 4 mins left. 3minute drive 8 yds... but now it was 1st and ten. this would be the drive.

then the grounding play. terry glenn and TO were to the left, fasano on the right. TO ran a slant but then got caught in traffic. glenn i think ran a go. and fasano went to the middle. but there was absolutely no pressure and no one on the right side at all. due to the previous plays with a lot of pressure and failing to throw the ball away. i think romo threw it away thinking he'd live to fight another day, following BP QB Rule #7. but this was the play romo should've tucked it and ran or done something, anything but throw the ball away.

intead it became 2nd and 20 and it was over, no magical play to gain the 1st down. and even worse a wasted timeout on 3rd and 20.

so in a time consuming drive with numerous dallas comebacks, dallas advanced the ball 5 yards and lost a valuable timeout.

Oh, and if anybody should be dumped it should be the special teams coach. bad coverage teams and on top of that wasting a timeout, just a truly pathetic display that lasted all season.

Daudr

Reaction score
Drive-killing penalties - really stupid ones at that - and dropped passes lost the game.