Twitter: A real pass rusher available: Za'Darius Smith released

Ken

Reaction score

It's going to be great to see him sign elsewhere while we negotiate with Randy Gregory.

Even missing last year, Z Smith had 26 sacks the last three years. Also All Pro honors.

27.5 million cap hit this year and gets cut.

Cowboys fans:

"We GOTTA keep DLAW and his 14.5 sacks the last three years, I don't care if he costs 29 million!!!"

:facepalm:

DFWJC

Reaction score
This dude can get after it.

Btw....no trade market for him either.
Contract and cap DO affect trade value, people.

Carson

Reaction score
This dude can get after it.

Btw....no trade market for him either.
Contract and cap DO affect trade value, people.
They are robbing Peter to pay Paul here. But it works

They released Billy Turner (average lineman) and Smith (hurt back) and re-signed Rodgers, P. Smith and franchised Adams. They also will make Zaire Alexander the highest paid corner in the league.

Creeper

Reaction score

It's going to be great to see him sign elsewhere while we negotiate with Randy Gregory.

I would take Smith over Gregory, but his last deal was $16.5 million per year, much less than our own Demarcus Lawrence makes but more than what I think Gregory will get. I imagine Smith might want more than his last contract now. Smith is a more complete player than Gregory. I don't think Dallas can afford him. Not even sure they can afford Gregory. It seems Dallas is going to let Gregory hit the free agent market.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Back surgery is worrisome. But dude is what we hope Gregory would be. Better player without question.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Even missing last year, Z Smith had 26 sacks the last three years. Also All Pro honors.

27.5 million cap hit this year and gets cut.

Cowboys fans:

"We GOTTA keep DLAW and his 14.5 sacks the last three years, I don't care if he costs 29 million!!!"

umm he might get cut but post June 1st cut

the offseason just started so slap your face harder instead of soft facepalm. we are in the super early stages of FA and the offseason..jeez Louise.,. Packers having cap, actually to have to let go a good player over money is the very thing the DC are doing as well..once things settle they can add back..it just beginning so this is for you!

Ken

Reaction score
umm he might get cut but post June 1st cut

the offseason just started so slap your face harder instead of soft facepalm. we are in the super early stages of FA and the offseason..jeez Louise.,. Packers having cap, actually to have to let go a good player over money is the very thing the DC are doing as well..once things settle they can add back..it just beginning so this is for you!

Why post-June 1st? That doesn't help us. 8 mill now and totally off the books for next year does.

Waiting until we get cap relief in June and carrying 11 million next year in dead money is dumb, IMO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why post-June 1st? That doesn't help us. 8 mill now and totally off the books for next year does.

Waiting until we get cap relief in June and carrying 11 million next year in dead money is dumb, IMO.
actually, more saved post june 1st sorry but show me your source,.,get over it internet gm keyboard hero MR NFL...:muttley::popcorn::espn:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
wait... you mean the Packers let go of a real pass rusher, one of the hardest positions in the NFL to secure, and they got NOTHING IN RETURN? Clown show happening in GB.. how the heck is this possible? What a bunch of idiots they have running that team.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I would not pick him up. We have enough guys with terrible names on this team.