A reason for me to believe

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
At first blush on Monday, after the pain of defeat, I figured we would get crushed in Charlotte on Sunday, after all we are starting a guy who has never started, threw three brutal INTs on Monday etc.

Then I started thinking, the Panthers start a QB in Delhomo (who many here revere) who was really a nobody when he took over for Rodney Peete after the first half of the Panthers' first game in 2003. Now some are making out like he is going to the HoF.

If a bum like Delhomo could do it, why not Romo.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
why not indeed. I think we shock the world (or ESPN at least) on Sunday

Hoov

Reaction score
i think we will win in carolina. been a while since i felt confident against a good opponent or road game.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1118926 said:
Bum? Not sure about that, however, I am with you on ROMO

He was a bum when Carolina put him in, now people consider him great even though he showed how bad he was when Smith was out.

Delhomo has lived off Muhammed and Smith for four years.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1119509 said:
He was a bum when Carolina put him in, now people consider him great even though he showed how bad he was when Smith was out.

Delhomo has lived off Muhammed and Smith for four years.

Delhome 2004 season was a very good season and did so with Smith missing 15 games. Jake is a good QB, I'm not putting him in the HOF just yet but he is far from being a bum at QB. I would also add that all QB need a very good WR to make them look good. I'm not sure Montana would have been as great without Rice.

mwj473

Reaction score
Delhomme took them to the SB the same year he replaced Peete in '03 also. Inexperienced QB's can win, huh?