A recent bad day for Dallas nation

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys sign LB Singleton, safety Scott

NFL.com wire reports

IRVING, Texas (March 13, 2003) -- The Dallas Cowboys signed free-agent linebacker Alshermond Singleton to a four-year contract.

They also re-signed exclusive rights free-agent safety Lynn Scott.

Singleton, a 6-foot-2, 228-pounder, spent the first six years of his NFL career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was a starter for the Super Bowl champions last season, finishing fifth on the Bucs with a career-high 89 tackles.

Prior to this year, he was primarily a special-teams player. Scott, who was mostly a safety in the team's nickel packages, had 15 tackles and broke up two passes in his second season with Dallas.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Nors said:
Cowboys sign LB Singleton, safety Scott

NFL.com wire reports

IRVING, Texas (March 13, 2003) -- The Dallas Cowboys signed free-agent linebacker Alshermond Singleton to a four-year contract.

They also re-signed exclusive rights free-agent safety Lynn Scott.

Singleton, a 6-foot-2, 228-pounder, spent the first six years of his NFL career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was a starter for the Super Bowl champions last season, finishing fifth on the Bucs with a career-high 89 tackles.

Prior to this year, he was primarily a special-teams player. Scott, who was mostly a safety in the team's nickel packages, had 15 tackles and broke up two passes in his second season with Dallas.

Singleton is an okay player. Nothing special, doesn't make game changing plays but holds his own. He's JAG. I haven't been as upset with him as I was with a lot of our players last year. I can easily see him losing his starting job, or maybe even falling off the roster this year. On the other hand, I won't cry if he remains on the roster. He provides solid depth. No need to rag on him.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yeah, he may have been "primarily a special teams player" Nors, but in those years in Tampa, look who he was playing behind.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
He makes no plays here - @ $2m cap hit - he's a goner - JMO

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
He makes no plays here - @ $2m cap hit - he's a goner - JMO
Fair enough...altho he had Dwayne Rudd, Shelton Quarles, and Derrick Brooks ahead of him, many thought he was a certain starter on most teams. Including, obviously, Bill.

I think, however, Tuna still has plans for him while the younguns are bring groomed. I won't be surprised if Al is here all season long, with or without a restructure.

And a recent dark day for Dallas Nation is more like the signing of Wiley. Not "the Milkman", who may also surprise you once that front four is shored up.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Fair enough...altho he had Dwayne Rudd, Shelton Quarles, and Derrick Brooks ahead of him, many thought he was a certain starter on most teams. Including, obviously, Bill.

I think, however, Tuna still has plans for him while the younguns are bring groomed. I won't be surprised if Al is here all season long, with or without a restructure.

And a recent dark day for Dallas Nation is more like the signing of Wiley. Not "the Milkman", who may also surprise you once that front four is shored up.

Abso-freakin-lutely!!!!!