A request for mods ***READ POST #14***

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well I'm not a web designer, but how difficult would it be to put a little icon on the bottom of pages of threads that can take you back to "The Zone."

It's kind of petty but i really hate scrolling up to the top or pushing back like three times if im on page 2 or 3 of a threat.

If I'm the only one then...sorry. But if its not a lot of trouble i think it could be good.

Anyone else think that would be nice?

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
I agree as well...but then again, I have been known to overlook the features of a great web page...

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
i dunno if u noticed, but right where it says the name of the thread, theres like a timeline of things u clicked and right before the thread, omg, there it is, the zone

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
PAy more attention..Go to forum jump on the bottom of the page and hit go everytime it will take u back.....

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
DeWare94 said:
i dunno if u noticed, but right where it says the name of the thread, theres like a timeline of things u clicked and right before the thread, omg, there it is, the zone

:laugh2: love the humility...thanks!

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
dillinger319 said:
PAy more attention..Go to forum jump on the bottom of the page and hit go everytime it will take u back.....

:laugh2: Will do sir! Thanks...

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Yeah, just check out the top part of every thread you're on and you'll see a link for The Zone just below the top CowboysZone image.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Even when you've read the last post though, you still have to scroll down a little bit to get to the "forum jump" button. It could easily (I think) be squeezed in before the narrative box for writing a reply on the same line the "reply" button is but on the right hand side. A small thing but it annoys me. I've requested the change several times through PMs but to no avail.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I agree. It's a very minor thing, but since when I'm done with a thread I'm usually at the bottom of the page anyway, it's a small annoyance to scroll up. I will add that this website is very very well managed and I'm very happy with almost every aspect of it.

:bow: Mods

LeonDixson

Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
I agree. It's a very minor thing, but since when I'm done with a thread I'm usually at the bottom of the page anyway, it's a small annoyance to scroll up. I will add that this website is very very well managed and I'm very happy with almost every aspect of it.

:bow: Mods

No doubt about that, Bob. I love this site even if they do give the mooning smiley for my suggestions. J/K:lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao2:

boydhopkins

Reaction score
you dont have to push back three or four times you can just go up to the top and click the link in the top left corner...it's not at the bottom but at least it's one click

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
boydhopkins said:
you dont have to push back three or four times you can just go up to the top and click the link in the top left corner...it's not at the bottom but at least it's one click

Yes, there is one at the bottom.

http://img258.*************/img258/9229/genius2xt.jpg.

Amazing what you can find when you actually LOOK FOR IT.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or If you don't like scrolling...just hit your HOME button on your keyboard and it will make the page go to the top. :)

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
Rack said:
Yes, there is one at the bottom.

http://img258.*************/img258/9229/genius2xt.jpg.

Amazing what you can find when you actually LOOK FOR IT.

I tried to explain but you completely "dummy proofed" it Rack...:lmao:

LeonDixson

Reaction score
DeWare94 said:
internet explorer is old school
I use Mozilla Firefox. And what would be so bad about putting the "forum jump" button where you don't have to scroll anywhere or push a key and then click the button. Heavan forbid we make things too convenient.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
LeonDixson said:
I use Mozilla Firefox. And what would be so bad about putting the "forum jump" button where you don't have to scroll anywhere or push a key and then click the button. Heavan forbid we make things too convenient.

Yeah........and could you hook the little button to a clapper? :rolleyes:

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
this is a vBulletin template has a design flaw imho in regard to usability with just a mouse (or notebook touchpad & clumsy home/end key placement) - not everyone has a 5 button mouse.

the "rules" and "quick reply" box often cause over a page of scrolling in addition to "previous/next thread" (who uses those anyways?)

the FORUM JUMP box would be useful directly below the last post (even if it was left at the bottom of the page). Most every vB forum suffers from this, especially ones with ads and such at the bottom.