A serious proposal for acquiring DeMarco Murray

superonyx

Reaction score
I want Murray to fail solely because he took less money than was offered elsewhere to play for a division rival. No reason other than that is needed.

Not that I care a whit about YPC for the current backs, after two games or otherwise. But put me down as somebody not remotely worried about the RB position and who thinks that the first two weeks have shown that the issue, if anything, is with the OL and its penalties. Not crushing it on a YPC basis last week against that PHI front is the least of my worries. I'll keep the pass rush, thank you. Philly can have Demarco, for all the good he's doing them.

You may not care about YPC of the current backs. Maybe you will care a little more when defenses can play with only 6 or 7 in the box against us.

A shame we picked up a top 10 talent on the OL and everyone was talking about how we could have the best OL in history and yet now they just can't figure out how to block.

Maybe the problem lies in the OL and backs not being on the same page. You know with 3 RB's who couldn't be bothered with training camp or preseason.

I'd prefer to keep the pass rush also...not that we have seen Hardy yet. Imagine if our options were not just A or B but perhaps C?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No it's actually our inability to establish the run game...stats are just a measuring stick. You watch the game and then tell me we have a dominating run game like we had last year.

A wise man wouldn't make such a statement after only 2 games.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You may not care about YPC of the current backs. Maybe you will care a little more when defenses can play with only 6 or 7 in the box against us.

A shame we picked up a top 10 talent on the OL and everyone was talking about how we could have the best OL in history and yet now they just can't figure out how to block.

Maybe the problem lies in the OL and backs not being on the same page. You know with 3 RB's who couldn't be bothered with training camp or preseason.

I'd prefer to keep the pass rush also...not that we have seen Hardy yet. Imagine if our options were not just A or B but perhaps C?

If they think they can play with six in the box against us, they can knock themselves out.

Nobody besides Collins was talking about the best OL in history, and with him it was only a hypothetical. But there's no denying we've had OL penalties killing drives the first two weeks. That's not on the backs.

We've been dominating the clock and playing great defense. If our receivers don't get the ball stripped and our OLs don't hold, I don't see what the problem is. Honestly.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
The Eagles are notorious for making daring trades. How about we offer them our fifth round pick in next year's draft, and they give us Murray while taking on the amount of his contract that makes our responsibility equal to what we offered him in the first place? No, I don't know the details on how to make this happen, but I bet it's doable.

Yes, I'm serious. I think the Eagles would listen... DeMarco would be thrilled, and we'd have our stud back.

DeMarco wouldn't do squat with how our OL is being coached this season. You want to talk about making a trade that'll really benefit this team then how about bringing Callahan back? He's who we truly miss and it's beginning to look like he's who was responsible for making our OL the dominant force it had become.